Necsom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
I been researching this for over a year since i came back to canada from a 2 year trip in puntland. I was working in the import business and it wasnt worth it for me. If it isnt production or manufactioring its not worth it for me because i want my country to start producing its own products instead of relying on import. For example, uganda just signed a deal with ethiopia. Ethiopia will be providing kenya djibouti and uganda with cheap electricity(13 - 17 cents per kw) through the new dam thats almost finished. We need to step up

Reer-Bari

My bad larry. I didnt fully understand. I just dont want to invest in someone elses company right now. Im focused on building my empire.

You're right, but still we can do better, so for the time bieng let it be a open market for all, survival of the fittest, competition is good.

That's what makes it Awesome. But if you are going to mention companies breaking ground especially in the Electric market it's vital to invest in them. Without electricity no business will function

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
@Reer-Bari do ur homework sxb or ur risking losing money.
as someone whos very into renewable energy, i can answer few questions non answered here.

The grid is owned by the private companies, by having monopoly in particular parts of city they were able to setup poles to every new customers till they constructed an informal grid. keep in mind everyones free to setup his own poles thus establishing their grid, but like hargeisa power companies merged to create one big company PL companies prolly catched up to merge to manage on grid so newcomers will not be bothered to create further poles/grid.

FYI power companies practise monopoly and are afraid of cheap power sources and competition so it will be difficult to deal with them unless u have family connection or gov ppl pushing ur project. plus 50kw is very small to negotiate with feed-in tariff.

the best way is to create your own independent power company in unserved population which is prolly village. 50kw can serve ~600 homes which is suitable for small tuulo or underserved parts of city corners.
setting ur grid is feasible you just construct new poles and connect each new customer, then as u progress ur poles will create minigrid that can support your customer base and existing customers who want to switch to solar.
PS: your prices need to be half of the diesel energy. neighbouring countries renewable energy tariff should be ur benchmark otherwise you arent different the greedy bastards who are charging $1/kwh

Reer-Bari

Yea i considered going the mini grid way but it needs more investment and maintenance and by the way necsom is charging 95cents in geroway even though they have a 3.5 mw solar system

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Yea i considered going the mini grid way but it needs more investment and maintenance and by the way necsom is charging 95cents in geroway even though they have a 3.5 mw solar system
as an independent small provider you arent gonna attract customers with that price.
necsom is too big to fail and they have monopoly so they can getaway with it.

but if manage to strike a feed-in tariff and considering your small 50kw your looking offer bw 15-30 cent! they have the infrastructure in place so u cant compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending