Necsom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Im planning on constructing a solar project consisting of about 50kw and i was wondering who owns and has authority over the grids in the cities of Puntland . Will i be able to sell my electricity to the grid.

Reer-Bari

By the way. Im new to this forum but i have been observing for over 8 months

By the way. Im new to this forum but i have been observing for over 8 months

Geez, you came in hot pal! That's for sure.

What's with all the "I's" and selfishness? Why would Nescom add you to their grid if all you want is money from it?

Nescom is a Private Equity and you should consider investing with them first. They have been trying to raise money all over Bari, and Xoolos like you keep running off too China grabbing rinky dink panels. Quit being so entitled and contribute that equity to Nescom.

Puntland Hunguri Authority®

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Being in a shared business with Somalis is quite profitable most of the time.
When people come together everyone bring something new to the table.

Good news, increase competition by setting up a rival electricity company help drive down electricity prices. electricity needs to be more affordable

Good news, increase competition by setting up a rival electricity company help drive down electricity prices. electricity needs to be more affordable

Prices decrease when you help a company scale through investment. Buying a solar panel doesn't make you an electrical company. He should call them and ask to invest. 50kw panels costs 0.10ww, he should give that 25k investment to Nescom.

Anyways, my advice is poor since it promotes Somalis investing with each other.
:mybusiness:

Prices decrease when you help a company scale through investment. Buying a solar panel doesn't make you an electrical company. He should call them and ask to invest. 50kw panels costs 0.10ww, he should give that 25k investment to Nescom.

Bro you jumped the gun, I never said buying solar panels makes you an electricity company. I am not a fan of monopoly over an industry but investing and pooling resources together is not a bad idea. competition does decrease prices however

Reer-Bari

First of all the grid should be controlled by the government like it is in most countries. In bosaso there is over a 100 private companies using diesel generators and they are all using the same grid. I just want to know who owns the grid.

Bro you jumped the gun, I never said buying solar panels makes you an electricity company. I am not a fan of monopoly over an industry but investing and pooling resources together is not a bad idea. competition does decrease prices however

Of course it does.

It's just at this moment. Nescom has the private equity model. The same model that will be the future of Somali business. There's no mergers and acquisitions in Somalia, all we can do is help those already breaking ground keep chipping away. And any competition entering the market; will need to be in the form of Private Equity not a corporation.

First of all the grid should be controlled by the government like it is in most countries. In bosaso there is over a 100 private companies using diesel generators and they are all using the same grid. I just want to know who owns the grid.

You just answered your question. Nobody owns the grid. Each of those companies have thier own meters and they channel it off to thier own customer base of a few hundred homes. You can send power to the grid because there's no controls in place to keep records transparent. Everyone is splintering off like spider webs without a base in the middle. The whole thing will come crashing down or completly restructured and destroyed to build a solid electrical city plan in the future. For now it's a every man for himself environment. Hope that answers your question.

Reer-Bari

They are currently selling their electricity for 1usd per kw. If they offered to pay me 80 cents per kw too use their grid i would invest.

Reer-Bari

You just answered your question. Nobody owns the grid. Each of those companies have thier own meters and they channel it off to thier own customer base of a few hundred homes. You can send power to the grid because there's no controls in place to keep records transparent. Everyone is splintering off like spider webs without a base in the middle. The whole thing will come crashing down or completly restructured and destroyed to build a solid electrical city plan in the future. For now it's a every man for himself environment. Hope that answers your question.
Yea thats what i figured. Because a lot of people are stealing electricity in bosaso and getting a way with it. My neighbor had a/c running 24/7 and he said he cheats the system. Me personally i would never do that but i heard plenty of stories

Yea thats what i figured. Because a lot of people are stealing electricity in bosaso and getting a way with it. My neighbor had a/c running 24/7 and he said he cheats the system. Me personally i would never do that but i heard plenty of stories

You would do that. Because your question started with Hunguri. Take that 25k cheque to Nescom headquarters and go talk to the CEO. They pay dividends quarterly and you might get a decent ROI in several quarters.

Or you can go rogue and add transportation fees, storage, maintenance, labour, and other costs of goods to kawaal your budget.
:manny:

Reer-Bari

Lol where did you get 25k from. Even if the panels cost me 25k. Your forgetting about the invertor, transformer, the metal stands that will hold up the panels and more. It will cost me around 40 to be safe. But its worth it.

Reer-Bari

Only if you knew how profitable solar is right now. You will make your investment back in lesa than 2 years in the somali market. Your forgetting that in canada its only 14 cents CAD per kw compared to 1USD in somalia lol. That 50kw system will produce 250kw per day. Im gona sell its at 90 cents. Thats a potential of 220 dollars a day.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I heard Somalia has the highest potential for Wind power in Africa. Perhaps you should invest in a wind turbine:damedamn:

Lol where did you get 25k from. Even if the panels cost me 25k. Your forgetting about the invertor, transformer, the metal stands that will hold up the panels and more. It will cost me around 40 to be safe. But its worth it.

Why not just give that 40k to Nescom and take equity for 5 years? I heard they were giving 7% dividends in the last rounds of funding. Nescom is looking to scale up and private investments are whats needed. The business sector desperately requires power. You can't power a warehouse with a rinky dink tie in from a buy chewing khat who handles his customer service @ a marfiish.

Geez, you came in hot pal! That's for sure.

What's with all the "I's" and selfishness? Why would Nescom add you to their grid if all you want is money from it?

Nescom is a Private Equity and you should consider investing with them first. They have been trying to raise money all over Bari, and Xoolos like you keep running off too China grabbing rinky dink panels. Quit being so entitled and contribute that equity to Nescom.

Puntland Hunguri Authority®

Embrace capitalism bro

Reer-Bari

Your comparing dividends too me making over 30 thousand a year after maintenance and other costs on a 40k investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts