Natural hair thread

Thought I’d make a post about general hair care on here....

I have 3b fine curly hair. It’s hard to find protective hairstyles that won’t break my hair or irritate my tender scalp. Really tryna find a hairstyle for the summer :farmajoyaab:

What’s some protective hairstyles that you like? Also haircare routines you use.

I recently developed a tender head it’s the worst. Number one thing I would recommend is to not braid your hair so tight or keep your hair in a bun for too long unbrushed. Don’t keep too much oil in your hair it gets greasy and disgusting. Duu doob your hair every habeen use natural oils and avoid heat and you’re good to go

Im growing my hair back i only cut it bcos im going back to hargeisa in June and i need to look like the locals but i aint gonna cut it for a couple years this time im gonna keep braiding it like this
DSC_0231.JPG

I recently developed a tender head it’s the worst. Number one thing I would recommend is to not braid your hair so tight or keep your hair in a bun for too long unbrushed. Don’t keep too much oil in your hair it gets greasy and disgusting. Duu doob your hair every habeen use natural oils and avoid heat and you’re good to go

This might sound dumb but how often do you detangle? I never brush my hair out dry but I use a wide tooth comb in the shower when using conditioner.

My go-to protective styles are bantu knots and two french braids.They're quick and easy to take down when I need to put my hijab back on. A girl has no time.

The most important thing for me is retaining moisture. I have a tender scalp too so I treat my hair very very gently. My routine:

1- Pre-poo with a hot oil treatment (mixture of essential oils and a carrier oil)
2- Wash hair with SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo (hands down the best - doesn't strip my hair of natural oils like others)
3- Then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner. This has great slip so I finger detangle in the shower to save time later
4- I do homemade protein treatment followed by a deep condition every other week.
5- While hair is still damp, I section hair and detangle with the Denman brush using a leave in conditioner, then seal with an oil (usually jojoba, argan or olive oil).
6- Proceed to style
7- Finally, I massage a tiny bit of Jamaican black castor oil into my edges (don't like the smell). At night I wrap my head in a satin scarf to reduce breakage and protect my edges... though it usually comes off in the night.
8- Midway through the week I co-wash then repeat step 5.

War maxaa kuu so geeliye woman’s spot kkk. True though braids do help grow your hair fast
This might sound dumb but how often do you detangle? I never brush my hair out dry but I use a wide tooth comb in the shower when using conditioner.
I never brush my hair dry unless it’s drenched with oil otherwise it falls out. So I detangle in the shower let it dry with a baati cause towels are rough on my hair and it comes out curly so I take advantage of that and braid/plait my hair and put siliid

My go-to protective styles are bantu knots and two french braids.They're quick and easy to take down when I need to put my hijab back on. A girl has no time.

The most important thing for me is retaining moisture. I have a tender scalp too so I treat my hair very very gently. My routine:

1- Pre-poo with a hot oil treatment (mixture of essential oils and a carrier oil)
2- Wash hair with SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo (hands down the best - doesn't strip my hair of natural oils like others)
3- Then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner. This has great slip so I finger detangle in the shower to save time later
4- I do homemade protein treatment followed by a deep condition every other week.
5- While hair is still damp, I section hair and detangle with the Denman brush using a leave in conditioner, then seal with an oil (usually jojoba, argan or olive oil).
6- Proceed to style
7- Finally, I massage a tiny bit of Jamaican black castor oil into my edges (don't like the smell). At night I wrap my head in a satin scarf to reduce breakage and protect my edges... though it usually comes off in the night.
8- Midway through the week I co-wash then repeat step 5.

Wow this was perfect! I’ll try the pre-poo hot oil treatment tomorrow. Lol satin scarves always fall off during my sleep so I bought a satin pillow case.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
A hair mask before showering is a must. Wet your hair , brush/detangle it then apply the mask for 30 mins minimum before your shower.
You can make your own at home with:
Jamaican castor oil + melted shea butter(almond oil) + honey

I try not over wash my hair, 2 times a week is enough.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Im growing my hair back i only cut it bcos im going back to hargeisa in June and i need to look like the locals but i aint gonna cut it for a couple years this time im gonna keep braiding it like thisView attachment 42061

I used to have a nice dreadlock like french but I cut it after going to Hajj. :mjcry:

My hair used to look exactly like his.

But I'm going to try to keep my hair look like this from now.

Fade-Haircut-84-650x650.jpg

I used to have a nice dreadlock like french but I cut it after going to Hajj. :mjcry:

My hair used to look exactly like his.

But I'm going to try to keep my hair look like this from now.

Fade-Haircut-84-650x650.jpg
Abti thats the exact same haircut i got right now but the fade grew back so quick now im thinking of growing back wallahi the fresh trim dissapears after two weeks its mad annoying and the ladies loved my curly hair man so imma have to bring it back.

i have 3b hair too. the best advice i have for you is: braid your hair or doo dub like @Buraanbur911 said at night. do some sort of protective hairstyle or you'll have to detangle your hair every single day.

i swear my hair grows much faster now because of it

Trending

Latest posts