National Armed Forces will increase to 70 thousand!

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
We need competent and loyal commanders at the helm of the new somali military. I suggest the most senior officers and those known by their comrades for leadership potential. In the meantime we'll be sending recruits to overseas training. Perhaps there should be a mandatory conscription service for adult men, where they'll be stationed in mew regions of Somalia and will work there.

Best way to create a pipeline is to attract recruits with real tangible rewards like technical skills, scholarships, and giving major companies incentives to hire reservists in supervisor and managerial jobs like Amazon does.

Turning the National Armed Forces into a professional and well-equipped force is a โ€˜projectโ€™ in of itself, which will directly open up multiple streams of government revenue in the mining, energy, telecom, agricultural, maritime, aviation and fisheries sectors where the current 35% of domestically raised revenues of a 1 billion budget can be raised to 50% over time and then 70% and eventually 100% of the budget through domestic sources.
By projects, I mean Infrastructure type projects. No agency in the world incl. IMF awards loans to insolvent nations to finance armies.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
By projects, I mean Infrastructure type projects. No agency in the world incl. IMF awards loans to insolvent nations to finance armies.

Why are you fixated on the IMF as the only source of potential loans? I posted the previous article in reference to the size of the current budget not the IMF. Besides, Somalia can easily request more budgetary support from Turkey, US and Qatar to fund and sustain a new military, thatโ€™s whatโ€™s already happening. Long term, however, with the establishment of those infrastructure projects the need to depend on external sources will significantly lessen.

If there are five federal states and each of them has 10k troops then that is 50k. Add that to the 70k troops the central government can raise and that is 120k

In South Korea they pay conscripts 180 a month and it costs 550m a month to have an army of 400k, including officer fees housing procurement

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
We need to get it up to 80k as the final goal. 80k soldiers is the estimate of what is needed to comfortably keep raas kambooni ilaa raas Caseyr under control.

That should be our goal. But every increase in soldiers will be good.
For your info, Do you know by saying ras Caseyr till ras Kambooni you mean Somaliland Italian only without British Somaliland :reallymaury:

So you believe on divide Somalia :tocry:.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
For your info, Do you know by saying ras Caseyr till ras Kambooni you mean Somaliland Italian only without British Somaliland :reallymaury:

So you believe on divide Somalia :tocry:.
My bad. I just have heard this phrase often.

But I mean Somalia in its entirety. Even Somaliland all the wayo zaylac.

How many total military personnel do we have today? 15k? 20k? And thatโ€™s without PL and SL. Amisom must leave by next year and do we honestly have the manpower and professionalism to secure our land and fight off al shabaab? With the arms embargo lifted, what do we need to buy/leas first? Helicopters? Tanks? Drones? Ships? So many questionsโ€ฆ only time will tell if Somalis can run a country.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
30 thousand troops and 40 thousand Police Officers:

Somali Leaders Agree to Increase Troop Numbers​

View attachment 305943

The leaders have agreed the number of national armed forces to be at least 30,000 soldiers and at least 40,000 police personnel, according to the agreement obtained by VOA Somali.

Coming back to this topic. South Somalia need reform army similar to Darawish Puntland and Somaliland army.

South Somalia need new army can fight AS, we cant join them if they corrupted and cant free their lands!!.

Some goes to other sections like spy agency PIA or special forces such as PSF and coast guard such as PMPF etc.

Jungle

VIP
Why not?

Eventually there has to be. All of Somalia will have to have SNA even Somaliland.
It will come. I believe HSM will win a second term so around that time imo we will see SNA & NISA in Puntland, possibly before depending on their upcoming elections.

Reer SSC would be happy if a large number of their militia were integrated into the SNA and the rest police/daraawiish of their fms. HSM hand is strong. PL iyo SSC dad isku xeran ma ahan mida kale dhulbahante dad aqoonsi raadinayo waye lol Puntland will be surrounded :dead:

It will come. I believe HSM will win a second term so around that time imo we will see SNA & NISA in Puntland, possibly before depending on their upcoming elections.

Reer SSC would be happy if a large number of their militia were integrated into the SNA and the rest police/daraawiish of their fms. HSM hand is strong. PL iyo SSC dad isku xeran ma ahan mida kale dhulbahante dad aqoonsi raadinayo waye lol Puntland will be surrounded :dead:
More likely that Deni wins the next election and he ends up merging the PSF into the SNA. Somali politicians have no principles besides wanting power and Somali posters have no principles besides qabiil, so bleakly all of the hardcore federalists on here (besides me of course) will be hailing this as โ€œPuntland taking over Somaliaโ€ or something.

Jungle

VIP
More likely that Deni wins the next election and he ends up merging the PSF into the SNA. Somali politicians have no principles besides wanting power and Somali posters have no principles besides qabiil, so bleakly all of the hardcore federalists on here (besides me of course) will be hailing this as โ€œPuntland taking over Somaliaโ€ or something.
Deni has got nothing to do with PSF, their leader said publicly he will capture deni just recently.

but yes they will be the first to be integrated There is even a prominent militia who calls itself Danab yet it has absolutely nothing to do with american trained troops who operate in HS, GM, KGS and JL. There are many factions just waiting for FGS/SNA to throw them a bone

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Best way to create a pipeline is to attract recruits with real tangible rewards like technical skills, scholarships, and giving major companies incentives to hire reservists in supervisor and managerial jobs like Amazon does.
You're right. A incentive for education and opportunities in higher leadership would help greatly in recruitment.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Deni has got nothing to do with PSF, their leader said publicly he will capture deni just recently.

but yes they will be the first to be integrated There is even a prominent militia who calls itself Danab yet it has absolutely nothing to do with american trained troops who operate in HS, GM, KGS and JL. There are many factions just waiting for FGS/SNA to throw them a bone
PSF(diyaanos)tuugo is dismantle itโ€™s now call PISF PUNTLAND INTELLIGENCE SPECIAL FORCE and this is thier LOGO
IMG_6012.jpeg

IMG_6014.jpeg

Last edited:

Trending