Narcissism in somali community?

And I don’t know.. if you look at our behaviour online like TikTok it just puts us in a bad light. Either the Somali people there are fighting over qabil trying to prove that their own qabil is better or fighting other ethnic groups for example calling “Madows” inferior. if we are like this on a bigger scale and I’ve also seen these narcissistic behaviours on a smaller scale with the somalis around me, it makes me think that we are more narcissistic then other groups of people.
I'm mainly around Asians irl they exhibit the same things it's just different groups express it differently.
most of these other groups are simply not as vocal about it online. Or do it in there own languages.
Somalis are very clear and in your face about it from my observation.

In reality, most Somalis I know of at social level, or deal with at a professional level, are proud, modest, unassuming, many borderline naive, if crude, and those are not properties one would associate with narcissistic people, are they?

Notice I am drawing a distinction between online, which I consider fantasy, and reality, which bears correspondence to truth.

Would you say someone with 'han', and 'qab' is, could be described a narcissist? If so, could you think of a nation, or a people, who lack those traits? And what would we call those people, who lack those traits?
Sorry although I can guess i don’t really know what you exactly mean by ‘han’ and ‘qab’. But if you compare us to Swedish people for example they are the complete opposite. They’re very humble and don’t really like to make them selves seem grandiose or gloat about their achievements much unlike Somalis who love to gloat about their perceived greatness that they have about them selves. On an individual level though I’m sure you can find many Swedish people that are narcissists but my guess is that it’s a higher percentage in the Somali community.

Sorry although I can guess i don’t really know what you exactly mean by ‘han’ and ‘qab’. But if you compare us to Swedish people for example they are the complete opposite. They’re very humble and don’t really like to make them selves seem grandiose or gloat about their achievements much unlike Somalis who love to gloat about their perceived greatness that they have about them selves. On an individual level though I’m sure you can find many Swedish people that are narcissists but my guess is that it’s a higher percentage in the Somali community.
If one is sandwiched between two giant, if domineering cultures like Prussia vs Ruthenia, one is forced to accept subservient existence for their survival, whereas an egalitarian nomad, who had never been tamed, let alone dominated, is bound to exhibit gregarious traits. Could that be what you might have observed?

How familiar are you with Danes, or Franks ? Would you call either narcissistic societies?

Last edited:
If one sandwiched between two giant, if domineering cultures like Prussia vs Ruthenia, one is forced to accept subservient existence whereas an egalitarian nomad, who had never been tamed, let alone dominated, is bound to exhibit gregarious traits. Could that be what you might have observed?

How familiar are you with Danes, or Franks ? Would you call either narcissistic societies?
Yeah maybe that explains it. I’m not to familiar with Dane’s or franks tbh. Do you think they are? Or if you don’t want to call it narcissistic do you think they have similar traits to Somalis?

Yeah maybe that explains it. I’m not to familiar with Dane’s or franks tbh. Do you think they are? Or if you don’t want to call it narcissistic do you think they have similar traits to Somalis?
A Dane would spit in our face, and tell you he is superior whereas a Frank would not even lower himself to talk to you.

I did not even mention Germans, let along De Gobineau in his human classification, where he placed the European above all else. Nor F Nietzsche for his Übermensch (Uberman) theory, which heavily influenced the Fuhrer on his destructive expedition.

I did not even bring up ethnocentrism, racism etc.

Not even the chosen people, the J2ws, who consider themselves above all else.
Now, with those in mind, where would we then place the proud, simple nomad Somali?

Last edited:
A Dane would spit in our face, and tell you he is superior whereas a Frank would not even lower himself to talk to you.

I did not even mention Germans, let along De Gobineau in his human classification, where he placed the European above all else. Nor F Nietzsche for his Übermensch (Uberman) theory, which heavily influenced the Fuhrer on his destructive expedition.

I did not even bring up ethnocentrism, racism etc.

Now, with those in mind, where would we then place the proud, simple nomad Somali?
Interesting I’ll have to think about it. But from the way you put it I would say that those societies are also more likely to have very narcissistic individuals. I don’t know how much in comparison to somalis tho

Interesting I’ll have to think about it. But from the from the way you put I would say that those societies are also more likely to have very narcissistic individuals. I don’t know how much in comparison to somalis tho
Do you really think views espoused by De Gobineau, Nietzsche, and Chaim Weizmann, and embraced by many to date, are just mere views only by individuals?

No but I think it shaped the culture which in turn affects the individuals way of thinking.
Valid point, let me ask you: what is the extent of your familiarity with the body of work of De Gobineau, Weizmann, and Nietzsche in relation to human behaviour, classification, and categorisation? I mean, core tenets of their work?

Postscript:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What is your view of his thoughts?

Last edited:
Adjunct:
The aforesaid 'great' minds are highly revered thinkers whose body of work heavily influenced European societies for centuries, and continues to do so, one of the reasons Europeans, incl. the EU, North America & Australia can not accept China leading the world.

Glance at their body of work, and let us continue the conversation a bit later, for I want to dash out for a jog by the lake before subset.

Thanks for the interaction, by the way.

I dont think narcissism is something that can just be diagnosed by looking at symptoms. most people will have displayed narcissistic traits at one point in their lives like who hasn't thought about world domination?
some symptoms apply to somalis more than other groups such as an inflated sense of self-importance which is euphemised as being landheere

Adjunct:
The aforesaid 'great' minds are highly revered thinkers whose body of work heavily influenced European societies for centuries, and continues to do so, one of the reasons Europeans, incl. the EU, North America & Australia can not accept China leading the world.

Glance at their body of work, and let us continue the conversation a bit later, for I want to dash out for a jog by the lake before subset.

Thanks for the interaction, by the way.
Well I do know these European “thinkers” were beyond racist but I haven’t really looked into what they have said specifically but it’s very interesting I will look into it definitely. Thanks and have a nice walk!

Valid point, let me ask you: what is the extent of your familiarity with the body of work of De Gobineau, Weizmann, and Nietzsche in relation to human behaviour, classification, and categorisation? I mean, core tenets of their work?

Postscript:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What is your view of his thoughts?
If she was familiar with this content she wouldn't have made the thread in the first place.
The whole point this thread was made was because she's in an echo chamber where somalis are being "bad" on the net and "mean" to others.

In essence this is another "why somalis bad😥" thread
Most of the time whenever someone asks this they are very much oblivious to most of what goes on across different cultures and they hyperfocus on somalis because that is all they know. They tend to think the grass is greener on the other side without knowing a thing about the other side fullsize (1).gif

If she was familiar with this content she wouldn't have made the thread in the first place.
The whole point this thread was made was because she's in an echo chamber where somalis are being "bad" on the net and "mean" to others.

In essence this is another "why somalis bad😥" thread
Most of the time whenever someone asks this they are very much oblivious to most of what goes on across different cultures and they hyperfocus on somalis because that is all they know. They tend to think the grass is greener on the other side without knowing a thing about the other side View attachment 278422
Not at all I’m fine with being disproven and I don’t think Somalis are bad. What’s wrong with discussing both the positive and negative aspects of our culture?

Trending

Latest posts