My views

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she's certainly Somali. No common foreigner can know so much about our language and culture. But she is certainly Ethiopian as well. Actually... I very much doubt she is even Ethiopian, probably full Somali.

Check her old comments she defends Ethiopia with tooth and claws. Plus, most half Somalis are patriot and love Somalia.

TooMacaan

VIP
The Rwandan genocide is not taught in Western high schools because it doesn't fit the white guilt narrative. The brutality of brown/black people is generally hidden while the holocaust gets magnified.
It doesn't have to cancel out eachother, both topics were taught. You don't know the curriculum of my school or what every Western curriculum covers so pls stop talking out of your arse. I see your posts everywhere always talking crap about Jews so I know you'll say whatever to fit your agenda. The Rwanda Genocide was taught in our classes and we even watched a movie, "Hotel Rwanda" and had to do an analysis on it.
It's not out of the norm for Canadian schools to teach stuff like this, I'd be more hesitant to believe it if I was saying it was about King Leopold perhaps, but I'm sure the whole Tutsi vs. Hutu is pretty standard material.

Apollo

VIP
It doesn't have to cancel out eachother, both topics were taught. You don't know the curriculum of my school or what every Western curriculum covers so pls stop talking out of your arse. I see your posts everywhere always talking crap about Jews so I know you'll say whatever to fit your agenda. The Rwanda Genocide was taught in our classes and we even watched a movie, "Hotel Rwanda" and had to do an analysis on it.
It's not out of the norm for Canadian schools to teach stuff like this, I'd be more hesitant to believe it if I was saying it was about King Leopold perhaps, but I'm sure the whole Tutsi vs. Hutu is pretty standard material.

Of course they mention it, but it's like a footnote. Even college level world history courses only mention it only on one small page, but go on and on about the Holocaust, the Atlantic Slave Trade, treatment of Native Americans, colonial brutality etc etc.

Another example: the Swahili Slave Trade and Trans-Saharan Slave Trade are totally covered up in Western curricula.

Of course they mention it, but it's like a footnote. Even college level world history courses only mention it only on one small page, but go on and on about the Holocaust, the Atlantic Slave Trade, treatment of Native Americans, colonial brutality etc etc.

Another example: the Swahili Slave Trade and Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade are totally covered up in Western curricula.

All in one school

TooMacaan

VIP
Of course they mention it, but it's like a footnote. Even college level world history courses only mention it only on one small page, but go on and on about the holocaust, the Atlantic slave trade, treatment of native Americans, colonial brutality etc etc.
As I said, it was more than mentioned; we were made to watch the movie and provide an analysis on the tribe dynamics, even the role of Europeans in fueling the conflict, and contemporary implications. The Holocaust may be disproportionately covered in comparison but BOTH were still taught (which refutes your initial accusation).

Edit: we didn't learn about the Swahili Slave Trade and didn't focus on Colonial brutality that much...but we learned about the treatment of Native Americans (Indigenous, is how they were referred to as in schools) as well as the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade & main AA historical figures.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
As I said, it was more than mentioned; we were made to watch the movie and provide an analysis on the tribe dynamics, even the role of Europeans in fueling the conflict, and contemporary implications. The Holocaust may be disproportionately covered in comparison but BOTH were still taught (which refutes your initial accusation).

Edit: we didn't learn about the Swahili Slave Trade and didn't focus on Colonial brutality that much...but we learned about the treatment of Native Americans (Indigenous, is how they were referred to as in schools) as well as the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade & main AA historical figures.

Stop deluding yourself. I bet most AP World History pass students probably don't even know who the Hutu and Tutsi were, while 99% know about the holocaust.

They don't go in depth about the Rwandan genocide but I do remember my high school teaching us about Romeo Dallaire and a short clip of 'Shaking hands with the devil'.

VixR

Veritas

Another example: the Swahili Slave Trade and Trans-Saharan Slave Trade are totally covered up in Western curricula.
That's just Westnocentrism so to speak. What is covered the most, is often that which pertains to you (nationwise). That's true anywhere you go in the world.

We also covered the Rwandan Genocide and watched Hotel Rwanda as the major world stage event it was in more recent history, and the guilt angle, if you insist, is sometimes played on by the lack of intervention by Western powers.

Btw, Native American and Black history isn't covered in nearly so much detail or extensiveness as you claim enough to so-called capitalize on White guilt. Western history is largely whitewashed, which renders your angle moot, or at least...weak.
Heck, I'm American and we covered it.

TooMacaan

VIP
Stop deluding yourself. I bet most AP World History pass students probably don't even know who the Hutu and Tutsi were, while 99% know about the holocaust.
:faysalwtf::faysalwtf:
Dude, are you seriously telling me what I learned and didn't learn rn??? I don't know what kinda crappy teachers or curriculum that you had growing up but this was taught to us. We had a chapter on the Holocaust but that's mandatory for most schools across Canada, but again the fact these topics were covered is NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

Whether my fellow classmates remember or forget the portion of class dedicated to the whole Tutsi vs Hutu conflict is not my concern. How does their diligence when it comes to their studies affect me or the fact that this took place?? And obviously they will remember the Holocaust more since that's been mentioned since Elementary.

Apollo

VIP
Sorry but you guys are all lying to score brownie points. During my secondary education years they went over the Balkans shit in depth, but the Rwandan stuff was mentioned only on one paragraph, maybe even less, and this was Gymnasium in Germany not too long ago.

VixR

Veritas
Sorry but you guys are all lying to score brownie points. During my secondary education years they went over the Balkans shit in depth, but the Rwandan stuff was mentioned only on one paragraph, maybe even less, and this was Gymnasium in Germany not too long ago.
:mjlol:Color me surprised that your curriculum in Deutschlandia may have been different.

You're more obsessed with Jews than an edgy skinhead TwitterNazi.

VixR

Veritas
I didn't know about the Holocaust until an highschool English course when we read Night by Elie Weisel, and the survivor and author of the book visited our school. I bet German kids are bombasted with Holocaust images straight outta Kindergarten :icon lol:

We had exchange students from Hamburg that looked ashamedly at their shoes throughout the lesson. They practically reeked of shame.

I really think exposure varies depending on location, curriculum and what was stressed at different schools

Apollo

VIP
I didn't know about the Holocaust until an highschool English course when we read Night by Elie Weisel, and the survivor and author of the book visited our school. I bet German kids are bombasted with Holocaust images straight outta Kindergarten :icon lol:

We had exchange students from Hamburg that looked ashamedly at their shoes throughout the lesson. They practically reeked of shame.

I really think exposure varies depending on location, curriculum and what was stressed at different schools

From the later years of elementary school up until secondary school they had some [different each time] holocaust survivor visit us annually and retell his or her horrors and ''never forget!'' stuff. The amount of brainwashing I have received was epic and I wasn't even aware until recently.

VixR

Veritas
From the later years of elementary school up until secondary school they had some [different each time] holocaust survivor visit us annually and retell his or her horrors and ''never forget!'' stuff. The amount of brainwashing I have received was epic and I wasn't even aware until recently.
Are you a Holocaust denier? :icon lol:

Last edited:

black

live and let die.

I didn't know you guys had Gymnasium in Germany. :ohhh: I thought it was a Dutch/Belgian thing. Also they definitely cover it properly in the UK. The average student in the UK has far more time to cover things like that since your timetable isn't anywhere near as packed. A lot of subjects such as Greek, Latin or classical studies that are considered mandatory in Gymnasium aren't even available as optional subjects. Strangely enough, a lot of topics like the Hutu-Tutsi conflict are covered in citizenship instead of history.

Apollo

VIP
I didn't know you guys had Gymnasium in Germany. :ohhh: I thought it was a Dutch/Belgian thing. Also they definitely cover it properly in the UK. The average student in the UK has far more time to cover things like that since your timetable isn't anywhere near as packed. A lot of subjects such as Greek, Latin or classical studies that are considered mandatory in Gymnasium aren't even available as optional subjects. Strangely enough, a lot of topics like the Hutu-Tutsi conflict are covered in citizenship instead of history.

There are non-elitist tracks to it. I didn't take any of the Latin/Greek. The way they teach foreign languages is so retarded. Nobody in Germany speaks French and their English sucks as well.

black

live and let die.
There are non-elitist tracks to it. I didn't take any of the Latin/Greek. The way they teach foreign languages is so retarded. Nobody in Germany speaks French and their English sucks as well.

Over here Gymnasium without Latin/Greek = Atheneum. I agree though, I've retained absolutely none of the French and German I learnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts