MY TIME IN SOMALIA !! ASK ME ANYTHING

Also I felt as though I fit right in with the young people there despite not being completely fluent in Somali.
And you guys know I’m very westernised lol

@ImanStan001

I thought I was the only one that noticed that but Hormuud is indeed the government kkkk. What areas did you go to? Since you mentioned beerta Nabada and the old buildings you must have visited Xamar weyne/ Shangaani. You also visited liido so you must have been abdulaziz and seen caruba and the massive Turkish embassy. Where else did you visit? Where do you live in Xamar?

@ImanStan001

I thought I was the only one that noticed that but Hormuud is indeed the government kkkk. What areas did you go to? Since you mentioned beerta Nabada and the old buildings you must have visited Xamar weyne/ Shangaani. You also visited liido so you must have been abdulaziz and seen caruba and the massive Turkish embassy. Where else did you visit? Where do you live in Xamar?

I don’t remember seeing the Turkish embassy but u did go to the rest of xamar i stayed at hodan I think

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Also I felt as though I fit right in with the young people there despite not being completely fluent in Somali.
And you guys know I’m very westernised lol
Were the young folks themselves westernised kkkk how did you connect with them?

My advice don't walk around the city with a bottle of water no matter how hot ; that's how they know you're diaspora. You need to blend in.

1/4 of moqdisho and surrounding areas are madowweyn
Was dhamatay
qAlCB6W6p6PoSYUfLQW17j-3E__f2pdBn2G2hbA6i5ooKkx6iiLDSLe3weCnfUpCllDMAtz0yFvHYsUny66l4e7Otc4Zee...png

I myself was quite shooked that when it was praying time in Mogadishu everything didnt close? Was in another Somali city before when you heard the calling for prayers everything closed.

There is alot ajnabis in Xamar esp downtown km4 has syrians turks and africans. The white people do not leave Xalane at all. What annoyed me was that when i landed the first askaar was a ugandese just beside the visa stamping. Then you have turks doing security check patting down Somalis how embarassing🤦🏿‍♂️ Then when ur leaving you have to take HSM own bus company buy a ticket for like 10 pounds and go through AMISOM checks one even knew how to speak Somali when he was checking our passports and boarding tickets😭

Regarding Hormuud they have invested alot in Mogadishu and generally are unable too do foul plays since everyone can just call their qabiil or xiliiwaan. If they bought land that wasnt rightfully owned they will return back the money n so on. They also practically built awhole new city Darusaleem which is quite clean and safe.

What i hated the most was the lack of security. During daytime its ok but nightime some areas you cant even walk outside because of ciyaal weero.

Didnt see a single Indian, think they sold all their properties during 90s. But there are many indian looking rer xamar / barwanii people in Mogadishu.
Which year did you visit Xamar? A lot of Asians came recently during the construction boom.

Which year did you visit Xamar? A lot of Asians came recently during the construction boom.
Quite recently but ye what your saying is true ik the ones who was involved in building the supermarket in jubba was south asians. But you generally dont see them like the turks who are in the cafes and restaurants in km4 or the Syrians. They bascially work all day then go home.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shisheeye keeping the security tight in our own country. Ceebta aduunka 😅 Somalia has been an UN/AU/EU/American protectorate for the past 30 years. Nothing new to see here. Just accept the violation and humiliation

Michael Jordan Crying GIF

Also, did you say the president's own bus company, that you had to take?!?! :wtf:

Last edited:
I've heard that citizens of Somalia also have to pay a fee when entering the country, if you're using your western passport despite also having a Somali one, how accurate is this? :cosbyhmm:

I've heard that citizens of Somalia also have to pay a fee when entering the country, if you're using your western passport despite also having a Somali one, how accurate is this? :cosbyhmm:
OMG
SO MUCH trouble getting to the country you need a letter of invitation if your not born there , you have to check with the airline ur getting on,
My cousin went without a letter and they gave her hell at the airport in Europe they were like are u Somali she was like look at my face

Trending