My take on the concept of marriage

Again you conveniently ignored the fact that the South's quite Christian.
But that is my whole argument that religion and poverty is what makes people have high regard for marriage but once they discover economical freedom and become independent marriage is thrown out of the window as it’s significance dwindles.

And a combination of both is even more deadlier like in the case of most Somalis

Guys if you ever get married plz avoid having children wallahi. You gonna regard having them coz they are very expensive, very stressful and you gonna say good bye to ur tight wife's vagina

I don't think such insightful enriching commentary like this should be given away for free. How generous of the OP to share such wisdom with us. Why is a gifted mind like this on Somalispot instead of helping scientists find the vaccine for COVID-19?

I have always struggled with the concept of marriage and the meaning behind it whether is through the lenses of secular or religious angle.

The concept is marriage is mostly glorified by the poor and the middle class in most cases.. the upper class (my class) and the well off don’t actually see the concept of marriage that much of an important issue, But for the poor and the middle class marriage is a way of finding love , children and sexual pleasure.

The upper class or a well off person doesn’t not have to marry to find love, sexual pleasure and even get children as the options are way too many outside marriage for example well off guy can get any woman without even marriage involved. Marriage from religious angle promotes leeching culture that makes the women lazy and depend on men.

ANY WOMAN? Lol I bet your bulimic with no money! Most woman (excluding your family)
:mjkkk:
have standards and respect what Islams teaching is on the importance of marriage and waiting.

I don't think such insightful enriching commentary like this should be given away for free. How generous of the OP to share such wisdom with us. Why is a gifted mind like this on Somalispot instead of helping scientists find the vaccine for COVID-19?
I like how you edited your comment from divorce to this coz you would have looked a fool knowing i dont believe in marriage and you asking me about my opinion on divorce.

That is like asking asking an atheist about dooms day lol
ANY WOMAN? Lol I bet your bulimic with no money! Most woman (excluding your family)
:mjkkk:
have standards and respect what Islams teaching is on the importance of marriage and waiting.
Sounds like you want to know about my bank statements so that you make your meher calculations lol

any way jokes aside it’s an open secret that money can buy out a woman’s loyalty, standards and even faith when this get serious

I like how you edited your comment from divorce to this coz you would have looked a fool knowing i dont believe in marriage and you asking me about my opinion on divorce.

That is like asking asking an atheist about dooms day lol

Sounds like you want to know about my bank statements so that you make your meher calculations lol

any way jokes aside it’s an open secret that money can buy out a woman’s loyalty, standards and even faith when this get serious

I dont care about your wealth tbh coz ur a complete stranger. Whether you have lots of money or not makes no difference to me. My family have their own wealth which I plan to build on. As for the meher it is in our tradition that the groom provides and proves he can via the money. But why are you stating that ALL women can be corrupting and going as far as including faith! Thats BS and you know it. Its one thing that you dont have morals but why pretend that it applies to all women.

I dont care about your wealth tbh coz ur a complete stranger. Whether you have lots of money or not makes no difference to me. My family have their own wealth which I plan to build on. As for the meher it is in our tradition that the groom provides and proves he can via the money. But why are you stating that ALL women can be corrupting and going as far as including faith! Thats BS and you know it. Its one thing that you dont have morals but why pretend that it applies to all women.
Ok I know there are exceptions of some women who won’t do it regardless of amount but it is also equally true substantial number of them will give in for the money

1586188923218.png

1586188904781.png

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
i dreamt of me and @sophisticate union last night:ahh:
twas beautiful :lawd:
i cried when i woke up das how beautiful it was:wow1:
:comeon: It was a dream.

Yes; marriage is linked with socioeconomic mobility. While being a single parent is associated with poverty. Marriage does give one certain financial incentives and legal benefits. And favours the mental and physical well-being of mostly men.

Interestingly older adults (50 +) that are cohabitating are often of higher SES.

Also, never married and child-free women are better off and generally of higher SES relative to their single with child(ren) counterparts.

I suppose the only cost to marriage comes from social connectedness. The singletons are more connected and more willing to offer assistance to family, friends, neighbours during times of need and contribute more to their communities in this providing informal and social support.

If given a choice its better to either be in a healthy marriage or remain single and never married without kids.

Trending