My Somali female friend's 23&me results

Most tunni outside baraawe are not tunni torre and they can be found everywhere from the jubba river in gobweyn to merca. Tunni torre are the freedman of the tunni and they have theri own clans system with subclans known as Gameele, Kumma, Gacandheer, Miyir, Magentoola.

Also the tunni took in many shegats like the elay who are now part of the clan but they were once one related tribe who speak their own language, af tunni.
That's true. I just wanted to emphasize aspects of it. The majority of Tunni, after all, lived outside the city, 2k and 13k respectively (early 20th century estimates), the Tunni Torre might have been 1/4 in addition to that. The Sab have a bit of a different tribal system as it does not correlate with geographic distribution. It likely has something to do with their higher-than-normal sedentary lifestyles, to emphasize again, it is a confederacy.

Even noble clans break down after a while so what we have today is consistent, or semi-consistent as you come close to the current time, with the earliest periods being perhaps a long-gone clan tradition that we don't practice anymore or times of re-alignment of ties that broke those earlier structures. A mix of several things I think. That's why applying modern assumptions to why it lacks consistency with the reality of Y-DNA is somewhat foolish. Assuming one mutation based on frequency alone is an assumption in itself. It's not very scientific if I'm going to be real. It's just people thinking on a probabilistic scale which carries an intrinsic error, not even knowing the statistical landscape to measure that. All we do is go off from assumptions, and some seem stronger than others the closer in time we get.

Last edited:
They
i think that explains it, in baraawe is it af tunni or swahili the main language spoken there ?
Speak chimini which is a a mix of broken swahili, somali and arabic. The rural Tunnis speak af tunni though. Also, the cad cad barawanis actually look down upon the Tunnis lol its mad. There is a hierarchy!

Last edited:
Its alright if y'all have lost your Somali language, as a pure hawiye, I and my qabil will cleanse the unclean galla dna from your blood and make Karanle once again speak af somaali. You will be pure and many again in sha Allah.
Edeb Yeelo warya! Waad edeb darantahay. Don't @ me again. I guarantee I'm more Somali than your black ass.

Loool Babile? Why would they speak maxaa tiri in Baabile? No.
That is so sad. Let me first clarify why I even asked, I genuinely asked to do me being concerned for my fellow Somalis. You ask, why should they be speaking Somali, of course they should be speaking Somali to protect your identity, your lineage. Karanle who can only speak af oromo needs to be somalirized again and this happens if they speak Somali, secondly intermarry with Somalis.

My point is, if you know you are mixed with Arab, how come you don't know you are mixed with Hindi, especially when the DNA results show that your Hindi DNA is more than your Arab DNA. I don't believe these people, nope.
That is very common for cadcads I’ve noticed. There is this YouTuber who did a DNA test and she had significant North Indian/current day Pakistani blood.

it’s fascinating as Cadcads and Barwanis Arab origins makes complete sense in the context of our history and link with Yemen and Oman, but clearly we used to have a lot of Hindi traders living and marrying Somalis and Arabs.

Whenever we see mixed-race Somali results, I notice Hindi DNA. It is so funny how these CadCad mixed groups seem to have noticeable Hindi DNA at the same level as Arab DNA, but never mention it. I am convinced that CadCads have exaggerated their Arab DNA and downplayed their Hindi roots, to get more respect from Somalis.
You just reminded me. This is precisely it. My mum talks about whole families being of Indian origins but fully embracing Somali
Dhaqan and everyone just thinking they’re Cadcad. Also, they’d marry Arab origin Cadcads and that is how they’re predominant Asian origin is erased.

Garaad diinle

 
I’m from there basically in harar :hmm: Please tell me u are from there too ?
Karanle is a very large clan, they live in sitti, east and west hararghe ,fiq, godey, afdeheer, bali and somalia. I think they even live the guji zone. When you say you were born in harar you mean the city not hararghe right? If so are you bilingual in af somali and afan oromo?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Some Arabs are mixed with various groups of people though, especially the coastal Yemenis. It's not unusual for them to be mixed with Hindi, African and Indonesian due to trade but that doesn't make them any less Arab. Many or most of the Barawe clans trace their lineage back to Yemen.

Not really, walaashay. I've been in this game for over a decade now and you don't usually see Yemenis with any Desi. Especially not in the amounts you'd need to make sense of Cadcads' Desi ancestry. They mostly just show madow ancestry and the rest looks almost identical to the usual Bedouin samples out there. Very different from what Cadcads show.

We also have censes for magaalo like Xamar and Marko from the 19th century that show there were about as many minority Indians as there were Arabs. Groups like Banyans were pretty dominant across the Indian Ocean trade and were found everywhere along the Somali and Arabian coasts, often edging out both Somalis and Arabs as sailors and traders. This is probably legit Hindi ancestry.

Karanle is a very large clan, they live in sitti, east and west hararghe ,fiq, godey, afdeheer, bali and somalia. I think they even live the guji zone. When you say you were born in harar you mean the city not hararghe right? If so are you bilingual in af somali and afan oromo?
I wasn’t born in Africa but that’s where my parents and my forefathers from.
Ain’t harar in haraghe tho ?

[
That is so sad. Let me first clarify why I even asked, I genuinely asked to do me being concerned for my fellow Somalis. You ask, why should they be speaking Somali, of course they should be speaking Somali to protect your identity, your lineage. Karanle who can only speak af oromo needs to be somalirized again and this happens if they speak Somali, secondly intermarry with Somalis.

You come across very patronising and demeaning about the Karanle clan, your comments about needing to be married and whether we speak maxaa tiri was very Cajeeb.

There is a small minority of Karanle who assimilated into the Oromo due to their expansion Yes. But vast Majority haven't!

We speak Somali, have our culture and unfortunately have been at war with the oromos alone with no support from our brethren.

The reason they have been so quiet not heard much off is because dagaal iyo difaac ayee ku jiraan, they have been trying to survive.

I just came back from hamar a few months ago and many of them moved there over the past 20 years especially the sexawle sub clan, the Gidir sub clan had even reached the jubba areas way before the civil war 1991.

You're approach was very offensive. We inter marry with fellow gugundhabe, gari and ogadens if anything. I'm sure they have am Oromo grandma here and there too. But don't try assume we've been ethnically cleansed.

The ones in the south marry the murusade sub clan quite often

Yeahh people tend to forget also thay murusade is Karanle too. So they also live in Galgaduud, xamar and some down south too

[

You come across very patronising and demeaning about the Karanle clan, your comments about needing to be married and whether we speak maxaa tiri was very Cajeeb.

There is a small minority of Karanle who assimilated into the Oromo due to their expansion Yes. But vast Majority haven't!

We speak Somali, have our culture and unfortunately have been at war with the oromos alone with no support from our brethren.

The reason they have been so quiet not heard much off is because dagaal iyo difaac ayee ku jiraan, they have been trying to survive.

I just came back from hamar a few months ago and many of them moved there over the past 20 years especially the sexawle sub clan, the Gidir sub clan had even reached the jubba areas way before the civil war 1991.

You're approach was very offensive. We inter marry with fellow gugundhabe, gari and ogadens if anything. I'm sure they have am Oromo grandma here and there too. But don't try assume we've been ethnically cleansed.

The ones in the south marry the murusade sub clan quite often
Iga raali noqo if It came across that way. I didnt mean to offend you. I am not a tribalist and I dont do fadhi ku dirir. I was just being concerned for my fellow Somalis. I am also a hawiye so no need to feel offended.

1673027473312.png

Attachments

• 1673027473312.png
    1673027473312.png
    510.7 KB · Views: 68
Iga raali noqo if It came across that way. I didnt mean to offend you. I am not a tribalist and I dont do fadhi ku dirir. I was just being concerned for my fellow Somalis. I am also a hawiye so no need to feel offended.

View attachment 248490

Jazaakallaahu khayr for clarifying and apologies if I was hasty in my judgement.

I see you have been advocating for our Somalis in and around Hararghe.

I remember my father telling that his brothers and cousins had to move my grandma and eedos out of the city whilst this looting and killings were happening. Once the women were moved, they came back to fight the Oromo and one of my cousins died - he had 8 kids.

Its very sad. I've never been there I was born in the UK but it still hurts.

Trending