Screenshot_20230109-210914_WhatsApp.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG-20230109-WA0005(1).jpg
    IMG-20230109-WA0005(1).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 937

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Your friend's results indicate that she is recently mixed. Judging by the introgression of Niger-Congo, MENA and South Asian mixture. I guess she's part cad cad or from one of those southern-dwelling multi-ethnic groups.

Good eye @Sophisticate MaashaAllaah

@killerxsmoke ..

Her Mother: Barawani (Specifically Tunni clan)
Maternal Grandma: Barawani (Reer Biida)

Her father: Barawani (Reer mashaanga)
Paternal Grandma: Majeerteen.

Her paternal Grandad is also Half Shiikhaal, which makes her dad only 1/4 barawani tbh. He is more Majeerteen than he is Barawani but obviously everyone takes their father's lineage or qabiil.

He looks FULL somali and very dark skin. Her and her siblings look very somali with typical somali features except their nose is very straight pointy with a bone like Arabs/asians.

@killerxsmoke ..

Her paternal Grandad is also Half Shiikhaal, which makes her dad only 1/4 barawani tbh. He is more Majeerteen than he is Barawani but obviously everyone takes their father's lineage or qabiil.

He looks FULL somali and very dark skin. Her and her siblings look very somali with typical somali features except their nose is very straight pointy with a bone like Arabs/asians.

Somalis have smaller and straighter noses than Arabs. Unless you mean, that they have a prominent and humpy nose like Arabs and other Asians.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 21.50.38.png
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 21.50.46.png

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.

@killerxsmoke ..

Barawani and tunni are 2 different groups, tuuni are somali whilst barawani are ethnically swahili.

Do you mean to say that the hooyo is tunni from baraawe or that she's ethnically swahili ?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Again, I find it so funny how these CadCad mixed groups seem to have noticeable Hindi DNA or Hindi DNA at the same level as Arab DNA, but never mention it.
I doubt Banu Pashtun would catch on. It's more glamorous for some to be related to those guys that street race in lime green Maseratis than some humble farmers from Punjab.

@killerxsmoke ..

That's interesting. They are heavily Northeast African mixed but the other admixtures were a dead giveaway. It's less common than someone who is just straight-up part Yemeni/Arab (that would probably not have South-Central Asian).

Somalis have smaller and straighter noses than Arabs. Unless you mean, that they have a prominent and humpy nose like Arabs and other Asians.

View attachment 248452View attachment 248453

Yeahh, they all seem to have a hump on their nose and it is quite prominent especially from the top of the nose whee it starts bulky and is long and pointy at the end - that's from their mothers side.

Her dad looks somali through and through.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›

@killerxsmoke ..

You're karanle if i'm not mistaken from babile right? I wonder did you do 23&me and if so what were your results?

Barawani and tunni are 2 different groups, tuuni are somali whilst barawani are ethnically swahili.

Do you mean to say that the hooyo is tunni from baraawe or that she's ethnically swahili ?

No. So Baraawa was originally a Tunni clan city. These clans amongst them arrived on boat. It would be disingenuous to say Tunnis aren't the original people of the land. But I assume you mean the 'non tunni' barawanis are different from Tunni - Yes.

Her mother is Full tunni Paternally, however her mother is from the other cad cad barawanis. Her mum looks very south east Asian, shes not light skin shes more maariin.

Before taking the results I told her I GUARANTEE you'll have more south east Asian in you than arab - as their fellow barawanis claim Yemeni, I knew they weren't going to get a high amount of arab. They just look more asian tbh.

I doubt Banu Pashtun would catch on. It's more glamorous for some to be related to those guys that street race in lime green Maseratis than some humble farmers from Punjab.

That's interesting. They are heavily Northeast African mixed but the other admixtures were a dead giveaway. It's less common than someone who is just straight-up part Yemeni/Arab (that would probably not have South-Central Asian).

I straight up said, if ya'll I mixed it something, it will defo be south east Asian and some West African with more Somali (Tunni side). They look more asian than arab.

I straight up said, if ya'll I mixed it something, it will defo be south east Asian and some West African with more Somali (Tunni side). They look more asian than arab.

That's because they probably are. Look at this couple, who has on average 8% more Hindi than Arab! Look at the man, he looks straight from India.

I refuse to believe that these communities don't know they have Hindi DNA, come on now, look in the mirror, that's not an Arab face baby.

:gucciwhat:
Some Arabs are mixed with various groups of people though, especially the coastal Yemenis. It's not unusual for them to be mixed with Hindi, African and Indonesian due to trade but that doesn't make them any less Arab. Many or most of the Barawe clans trace their lineage back to Yemen.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts