My problem is that Muslim Twitter do nothing but cause trouble.

He is looking in one direction but not other .
apparently the scholars who agree a women can travel without mahrem but he decided to tweet that to cause a huge argument. It’s giving Islam a bad rep .

Just let the scholars handle these type of stuff not some random Twitter sheikh

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
That twitter comment sections are so dumb

Most of the comment are like:

• How dare you have this opinion i don't like in {current year}
  • You are a “Salafi/Wahabi” they don't know what either of those mean.

Not a big deal. An honest Muslima who might even have traveled with female friends would know that such travel (traveling for more than a day and night and other Hadiths mention three day distance) isn’t allowed by the vast majority of scholars. This is a fact and it’s futile fighting it. Throughout my 20s I’ve been on holiday with friends, my sisters and my mother and sisters, but even I can admit that isn’t seen as permissible, hence I don’t understand the controversy. I think the invention of planes and trains is fueling people’s outrage as many now argue that traveling is now mostly less than 24hrs and traveling in the 21st century is safer as we don’t have bandits and slavers roaming travel routes, but nonetheless the Hadiths and scholarly consensus is clear.

Nonetheless, the tweet isn’t an issue, what I see as problematic is the comments writing Hadiths about women being the majority in hell, despite the initial tweet having nothing to do with that. There are a lot of young men in the Muslim community who are hell bent in using the deen to tear down the iman and confidence of young women and it might be fun and games now using religion as a gender war, but weaponizing the deen against people and making them feel as though they’re destined to hell simply for being women is beyond evil and harmful. As of late, a lot of women are struggling with iman. They can scream feminism and ‘westernization’ as much as they can, but little do they understand they are unknown foot soldiers of feminists, who push women into the arms of these orgs.

Amazingly enough, the Prophet s.a.w predicted that there would be a time in the future in which women would be able to travel safely without any fear:

CE789064-33BA-449F-B81D-5F7D031DDEE4.jpeg

The Prophet s.a.w also predicted that people would have devices like phones:

E4150230-B829-4809-B22C-AF0F84521492.jpeg

Men tend to put their phones on their jeans pockets and the Prophet s.a.w, that what’s in their thighs will inform him of what’s going on without physically being there.

I can’t believe anyone can doubt our religion from looking at various Hadiths like this.

Not a big deal. An honest Muslima who might even have traveled with female friends would know that such travel (traveling for more than a day and night and other Hadiths mention three day distance) isn’t allowed by the vast majority of scholars. This is a fact and it’s futile fighting it. Throughout my 20s I’ve been on holiday with friends, my sisters and my mother and sisters, but even I can admit that isn’t seen as permissible, hence I don’t understand the controversy. I think the invention of planes and trains is fueling people’s outrage as many now argue that traveling is now mostly less than 24hrs and traveling in the 21st century is safer as we don’t have bandits and slavers roaming travel routes, but nonetheless the Hadiths and scholarly consensus is clear.

Nonetheless, the tweet isn’t an issue, what I see as problematic is the comments writing Hadiths about women being the majority in hell, despite the initial tweet having nothing to do with that. There are a lot of young men in the Muslim community who are hell bent in using the deen to tear down the iman and confidence of young women and it might be fun and games now using religion as a gender war, but weaponizing the deen against people and making them feel as though they’re destined to hell simply for being women is beyond evil and harmful. As of late, a lot of women are struggling with iman. They can scream feminism and ‘westernization’ as much as they can, but little do they understand they are unknown foot soldiers of feminists, who push women into the arms of these orgs.
“isn’t allowed by the vast majority of scholars.” But apparently under Shafi school scholars agreed that women can travel without mahrem but with a group of friend for an example but that’s only if you follow Shafi school .

allah will catch them in the day of judgement but what’s the opinion of the Hadith women being majority of hell from scholars ? I’ve heard the opinion of Abu hurayah about Hadith that implies that women being majority of jannah

He is looking in one direction but not other .
apparently the scholars who agree a women can travel without mahrem but he decided to tweet that to cause a huge argument. It’s giving Islam a bad rep .

Just let the scholars handle these type of stuff not some random Twitter sheikh

Cause trouble by posting standard Islamic rulings? Trouble to who Kafirs? You are worried non-Muslims have a problem with Islam? That is a given.

Stop pandering.

What are you talking about?

What happens if you follow all schools. I take whatever I like in each school. Is that allowed? :dead:
A lot of people follow one school but others just take what’s the best for them from different schools.
Cause trouble by posting standard Islamic rulings? Trouble to who Kafirs? You are worried non-Muslims have a problem with Islam? That is a given.

Stop pandering.

What are you talking about?
saxib yes indeed it’s giving Islam bad rep when multiple people are fighting each other with no source or back up from scholars .

“standard Islamic rulings “
Once again scholars had different opinions on women travelling without Mahram. Other say yes while other say no

A lot of people follow one school but others just take what’s the best for them from different schools.

saxib yes indeed it’s giving Islam bad rep when multiple people are fighting each other with no source or back up from scholars .

“standard Islamic rulings “
Once again scholars had different opinions on women travelling without Mahram. Other say yes while other say no

You just admitted in your statement that it is a normative Islamic ruling. So you know it is part of Islam yet you are calling it bad? Bad for who? Again, Kafirs?

You need to focus on Islam and what Allah swt thinks and stop pandering to what gaals who obviously hate Islam think.

Your statements are absurd.

You just admitted in your statement that it is a normative Islamic ruling. So you know it is part of Islam yet you are calling it bad? Bad for who? Again, Kafirs?

You need to focus on Islam and what Allah swt thinks and stop pandering to what gaals who obviously hate Islam think.

Your statements are absurd.
No I’m not calling Islam bad but bad behaviour that makes Islam of the eye sight of the kaffirs look worse .
Kaffirs don’t look at Quran or the history of the prophet rather they look at you to see if Islam is truthful religion . What did Allah swt say about name calling ? Or what did the prophet saw say about arguments or Fitna ?

He said a statement that he might or might not know that there Is both side of the argument (some says yes for women while other says no ) but one thing he knew is that it’s going to cause Huge problems which led people slandering each other and what did Allah swt say about that ? Kuffars are seeing the Muslim argue while slandering each other with no back up source from scholars yes indeed it’s making Islam look bad.

No I’m not calling Islam bad but bad behaviour that makes Islam of the eye sight of the kaffirs look worse .
Kaffirs don’t look at Quran or the history of the prophet rather they look at you to see if Islam is truthful religion . What did Allah swt say about name calling ? Or what did the prophet saw say about arguments or Fitna ?

He said a statement that he might or might not know that there Is both side of the argument (some says yes for women while other says no ) but one thing he knew is that it’s going to cause Huge problems which led people slandering each other and what did Allah swt say about that ? Kuffars are seeing the Muslim argue while slandering each other with no back up source from scholars yes indeed it’s making Islam look bad.

You did not post people slandering each other. You posted someone voicing a standard Islamic opinion in the tweet and said you have a "problem" with it because it gives a "bad rep" to non-Muslims.

So you would change Islam and have a problem with anything in Islam that Kafirs hate? Your posts on this topic are genuinely absurd. Your concerns should be about what Islam and Allah swt supports not gaals. This should go without saying.

Gaals will always have a problem with Islam and its teachings that is a fact from Allah swt directly in the Quran. Stop pandering.

Then is it the judgement of [the time of] ignorance they desire? But who is better than Allāh in judgement for a people who are certain [in faith].

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allāh guides not the wrongdoing people.

So you see those in whose hearts is disease [i.e., hypocrisy] hastening into [association with] them, saying, "We are afraid a misfortune may strike us." But perhaps Allāh will bring conquest or a decision from Him, and they will become, over what they have been concealing within themselves, regretful.

And those who believe will say, "Are these the ones who swore by Allāh their strongest oaths that indeed they were with you?" Their deeds have become worthless, and they have become losers.

O you who have believed, whoever of you should revert from his religion - Allāh will bring forth [in place of them] a people He will love and who will love Him [who are] humble toward the believers, strong against the disbelievers; they strive in the cause of Allāh and do not fear the blame of a critic. That is the favor of Allāh; He bestows it upon whom He wills. And Allāh is all-Encompassing and Knowing.

Your ally is none but Allāh and [therefore] His Messenger and those who have believed - those who establish prayer and give zakāh, and they bow [in worship].

And whoever is an ally of Allāh and His Messenger and those who have believed - indeed, the party of Allāh - they will be the predominant.

O you who have believed, take not those who have taken your religion in ridicule and amusement among the ones who were given the Scripture before you nor the disbelievers as allies. And fear Allāh, if you should [truly] be believers.

Surah Al-Ma'idah 50-57

“isn’t allowed by the vast majority of scholars.” But apparently under Shafi school scholars agreed that women can travel without mahrem but with a group of friend for an example but that’s only if you follow Shafi school .
Supposedly same with Hanafis, but there is a catch. Many of those scholars believed that the group of women should be over 45 and it was mostly for the purpose of Umrah/hajj. Hence, It isn’t as clear cut.
allah will catch them in the day of judgement but what’s the opinion of the Hadith women being majority of hell from scholars ? I’ve heard the opinion of Abu hurayah about Hadith that implies that women being majority of jannah
Either way, they use it out of context and In the most random of situations to simply bully believing women.

You did not post people slandering each other. You posted someone voicing a standard Islamic opinion in the tweet and said you have a "problem" with it because it gives a "bad rep" to non-Muslims.
Saxib you got hands mate I’ve send you the tweet and now scroll the Quotes I’m sure you will find it. it’s not that hard
So you would change Islam and have a problem with anything in Islam that Kafirs hate? Your posts on this topic are genuinely absurd. Your concerns should be about what Islam and Allah swt supports not gaals. This should go without saying.

Gaals will always have a problem with Islam and its teachings that is a fact from Allah swt directly in the Quran. Stop pandering.
What did I mentioned about changing Islam ? Now you’re putting words into my mouth. Why would he post it if he knew
1)it would cause huge arguments
2)if there is difference opinions on that statement
3)If he isn’t knowledgeable about it
05F461A9-4C21-43B7-A203-C58440E783D4.jpeg

Allah swt said this about the Jews who was given the Torah and excepted to act upon it but didn’t it’s like donkey carrying books. The same logic applies to that person saying things but don’t have knowledge behind the Hadith or the knowledge of the difference opinion about that Hadith.

“gaal will always have a problem “
Now you’re just saying random things cuz at the end of the days those gaals you’re calling might end up converting to Islam under Allah will so these gaal might not have opinion or understanding about Islam but they look at you .

Also you’re quoting verse on Quran that doesn’t even proof your point .
Walalo please just keep quiet

The standard Sunni opinion is that women can not travel without a mahram. That is why women are required to even do Hajj with a mahram. You are calling standard Islamic rulings "problematic and bad" without knowledge.

Praise be to Allah.

Can women travel without a mahram?​

The basic principle that we have stated in numerous fatwas is that it is not permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram, whether the trip is for an act of worship such as Hajj, or to visit her parents , or it is a permissible kind of journey for other purposes .

Evidence for not allowing women to travel without a mahram​

This is indicated by the texts and common sense. For example:

1- The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram and no man should enter upon her unless she has a mahram with her.” A man said: O Messenger of Allah, I want to go out with such-and-such an army, but my wife wants to go for Hajj. He said: “Go with her.” Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1862

Muslim (1339) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to travel the distance of one day, except with a mahram.”

And there are many hadiths which speak of the prohibition on a woman travelling without a mahram; they are general in meaning and include all kinds of travel.

2- Because travel usually causes exhaustion and hardship, and because women are weak and need someone to look after them and stay with them, and things may happen in the absence of her mahram that she is not able to deal with. These are things that are well known and are frequently seen nowadays because of the large number of accidents involving cars and other means of transportation.

Moreover, if a woman travels alone she may be approached and tempted to do evil, especially when there is a great deal of corruption. Someone may sit next to her who does not fear Allah and he may make doing haram actions seem appealing to her. It is perfectly wise that the woman should be accompanied by her mahram when she travels, because the purpose of having her mahram present is to protect her and look after her. Travelling is a situation in which emergencies may arise, no matter what the length of the journey is.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “To sum up, everything that may be called travel is forbidden to women without a husband or mahram.”

More than one of the scholars have narrated that there is consensus among the fuqaha that women are not allowed to travel without a mahram, except in exceptional cases.

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“Al-Baghawi said: They did not differ concerning the fact that women are not allowed to travel for purposes other than the obligation (the obligatory Hajj) except with a husband or mahram, apart from a kafir woman who becomes Muslim in dar al-harb (non-Muslim territory) or a female prisoner who is released. Others added: or a woman who becomes separated from her travelling companions and is found by a trustworthy man; in that case it is permissible for him to accompany her until he brings her back to the group.” (Fath al-Bari, 4/76)

Can women travel to Hajj without a mahram?​

With regard to a woman travelling for the obligatory Hajj without a mahram , the scholars differed as to whether this is permissible. The correct scholarly view is that it is not permissible. This has been discussed previously in the answer to question no. 34380 .

This is the basic principle concerning this matter: a woman does not have the right to travel without a mahram and she must be accompanied by a mahram throughout the journey; it is not sufficient for her husband to bring her to the airport and for her father to meet her in the other country. But when there is a case of necessity, there is nothing wrong with it, because necessity makes permissible things which are ordinarily not allowed.

Based on that, if obtaining French nationality will relieve your friend’s wife of considerable hardship, and it is not possible for her mahram to accompany her on her journey, then there is nothing wrong with her travelling on her own in the manner you describe, just as there is nothing wrong with her obtaining this nationality.

Can a woman travel on her own by plane for a reason?​

Shaykh Ibn Jibrin (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on a woman travelling on her own by plane for a reason, with her mahram taking her to the airport and another mahram meeting her at the other airport?

Answer:

“There is nothing wrong with that if it is too difficult for the mahram, such as her husband or father, if the woman has to travel and the mahram cannot accompany her. In that case there is nothing to prevent that on condition that the first mahram takes her to the airport and does not leave her until she boards the plane, and he contacts the country to which she is headed and makes sure that her mahrams there will meet her in the airport, and he tells them the time of arrival and the flight number. That is because cases of necessity have their own rulings. And Allah knows best. May Allah send blessings and peace upon Muhammad and his family and Companions.” (Fatawa Ibn Jibrin)

And Allah knows best.

The standard Sunni opinion is that women can not travel without a mahram. That is why women are required to even do Hajj with a mahram. You are calling standard Islamic rulings "problematic and bad" without knowledge.

Praise be to Allah.

Can women travel without a mahram?​

The basic principle that we have stated in numerous fatwas is that it is not permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram, whether the trip is for an act of worship such as Hajj, or to visit her parents , or it is a permissible kind of journey for other purposes .

Evidence for not allowing women to travel without a mahram​

This is indicated by the texts and common sense. For example:

1- The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram and no man should enter upon her unless she has a mahram with her.” A man said: O Messenger of Allah, I want to go out with such-and-such an army, but my wife wants to go for Hajj. He said: “Go with her.” Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1862

Muslim (1339) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to travel the distance of one day, except with a mahram.”

And there are many hadiths which speak of the prohibition on a woman travelling without a mahram; they are general in meaning and include all kinds of travel.

2- Because travel usually causes exhaustion and hardship, and because women are weak and need someone to look after them and stay with them, and things may happen in the absence of her mahram that she is not able to deal with. These are things that are well known and are frequently seen nowadays because of the large number of accidents involving cars and other means of transportation.

Moreover, if a woman travels alone she may be approached and tempted to do evil, especially when there is a great deal of corruption. Someone may sit next to her who does not fear Allah and he may make doing haram actions seem appealing to her. It is perfectly wise that the woman should be accompanied by her mahram when she travels, because the purpose of having her mahram present is to protect her and look after her. Travelling is a situation in which emergencies may arise, no matter what the length of the journey is.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “To sum up, everything that may be called travel is forbidden to women without a husband or mahram.”

More than one of the scholars have narrated that there is consensus among the fuqaha that women are not allowed to travel without a mahram, except in exceptional cases.

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“Al-Baghawi said: They did not differ concerning the fact that women are not allowed to travel for purposes other than the obligation (the obligatory Hajj) except with a husband or mahram, apart from a kafir woman who becomes Muslim in dar al-harb (non-Muslim territory) or a female prisoner who is released. Others added: or a woman who becomes separated from her travelling companions and is found by a trustworthy man; in that case it is permissible for him to accompany her until he brings her back to the group.” (Fath al-Bari, 4/76)

Can women travel to Hajj without a mahram?​

With regard to a woman travelling for the obligatory Hajj without a mahram , the scholars differed as to whether this is permissible. The correct scholarly view is that it is not permissible. This has been discussed previously in the answer to question no. 34380 .

This is the basic principle concerning this matter: a woman does not have the right to travel without a mahram and she must be accompanied by a mahram throughout the journey; it is not sufficient for her husband to bring her to the airport and for her father to meet her in the other country. But when there is a case of necessity, there is nothing wrong with it, because necessity makes permissible things which are ordinarily not allowed.

Based on that, if obtaining French nationality will relieve your friend’s wife of considerable hardship, and it is not possible for her mahram to accompany her on her journey, then there is nothing wrong with her travelling on her own in the manner you describe, just as there is nothing wrong with her obtaining this nationality.

Can a woman travel on her own by plane for a reason?​

Shaykh Ibn Jibrin (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on a woman travelling on her own by plane for a reason, with her mahram taking her to the airport and another mahram meeting her at the other airport?

Answer:

“There is nothing wrong with that if it is too difficult for the mahram, such as her husband or father, if the woman has to travel and the mahram cannot accompany her. In that case there is nothing to prevent that on condition that the first mahram takes her to the airport and does not leave her until she boards the plane, and he contacts the country to which she is headed and makes sure that her mahrams there will meet her in the airport, and he tells them the time of arrival and the flight number. That is because cases of necessity have their own rulings. And Allah knows best. May Allah send blessings and peace upon Muhammad and his family and Companions.” (Fatawa Ibn Jibrin)

And Allah knows best.

Again for the love of god
When did I say or claim that Islamic ruling is problematic or bad ?

You’ve posted a whole paragraph from the other side . Did NiggaibnH or I said every scholars said women can travel without mahrem ?

Like I said before there is difference opinions
You’re wasting your time mate

Trending