My opinion on the idea of marrying from home country:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Such were her thoughts, though she lacked the words to express them.
- George Orwell, Animal Farm

I wanted to have it said as I have seen many write about the subject. I wanted to describe from my point of view :gaasdrink:
why should you have a point of view that has nothing to do with you and doesn't affect you? Mind your own business nayaa.

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
First of all you don’t know me so for you to make assumptions about my educational background is bizzare. FYI I have a degree in Cognitive Psychology.

You’ve just shown right there your intellectual immaturity. You’ve lashed out at me and made assumptions without hearing me out. In other words you’ve proven my point :mjdontkno:
(I can also cook I was taught at a young age as it’s Sunnah)
King!!:z1banet::z1banet:

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Immaturity is a common thing among Somali girls raised in the diaspora. So, I really can't relate with them. They probably never went through any major hardship in their life. So, the moment the marriage becomes difficult, they dip. They're not like our mother's generation. A lot don't know how to cook and don't make proper housewives.

Plus, they wear sureel. :holeup:

Last edited:

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Women who are family oriented>>>>>> career oriented women.

I'm not saying that women shouldn't have a career. I'm just saying that marrying a woman like that isn't good when you want to have a long lasting relationship. That is, if she lets her career get in the way of of her duties to her husband and kids.

Ade

Heart on the left side ⚔☤
Forget and dream about it that I will not be take as nothing other than an independent woman. I will inshallah never be dependent on a man. :nahgirl::ulyin::trumpsmirk:That me haha:francis:

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Forget and dream about it that I will not be take as nothing other than an independent woman. I will inshallah never be dependent on a man. :nahgirl::ulyin::trumpsmirk:That me haha:francis:
Then face the fact that you won't make a good partner.

There is a Somali saying that goes like:
Be a mountain or be the person leaning on it.

It's in human nature to want to be depended on and use your strength to serve others. A wife depends on her Husband and vice versa. That's how a good relationship is made.

I read an article that was talking about military boot camps and the thing that sparked my interest was that the boot camps were designed for trainees to ask others for help. They realized that the more they asked each other for help, the more the trainees bonded. The ones that decided to be stuck up and act like they didn't need any help were shunned by the rest of the group.

Love is cultivated by giving sincerely. The more you give a person sincerely. The more you love them and not the other way around. When you give, it's like you're taking a part of yourself and offering it to another person. You're essentially tricking your brain into thinking that a part of you is with them. Thus, making you love them.

You can be an independent all you like but keep in mind that men will always flock to women that are dependent on them. It's just in our nature:manny:

Trending

Latest posts