My hooyo's Ancestry DNA test are in and the results is shocking

My Hooyo always says that her ancestors are from Yemen. I disagreed with her and mentioned that some Somali tribes claim the same thing. BTW she's Arab Salah/ Arab Mohamoud Salah. Long story short, I suggested her to do the Ancestry DNA Test. To my surprise she agreed to that. So when the results came in I was really surprised by the fact that she was only 16% East African.
Screenshot_20190828-003514.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190828-003514.png
    477.1 KB · Views: 1,562
Ancestry DNA tests dont usually detect East African especially Somali DNA properly so usually it come out as Middle Eastern. you should have tried 23andme thats a little more accurate for Somali people

Apollo

VIP
Ancestry.com is a waste. They don't have Somali reference samples. You should have used 23andme.com where they have a Somali component.

However, your Middle Eastern percentage is on the high-end, even for Ancestry.com Somali users. Probably a sign of true recent Middle Eastern compared to other Somalis.

One more remark, ancestry.com is an anticushitic company. They refuse to give Horners their own component(s), yet give components to anciently mixed groups like Indians, Berbers, Ashkenazi Jews etc.

Ancestry.com is a waste. They don't have Somali reference samples. You should have used 23andme.com where they have a Somali component.

However, your Middle Eastern percentage is on the high-end, even for Ancestry.com Somali users. Probably a sign of true recent Middle Eastern compared to other Somalis.

One more remark, ancestry.com is an anticushitic company. They refuse to give Horners their own component(s), yet give components to mixed groups like Indians, Berbers, Ashkenazi Jews etc.
Someone should call them out for 'anti-Cushiticism'. If jews can have a race card so can we. We need to make it official lol

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Ordered a kit from ancestry because I would get great Middle Eastern component alhamdullilah . Will show that to everyone. :gnzbryw:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
:mjlol:
Since when is Middle Eastern *Neolithic the same thing as medieval Arab?! Ilaahow hana waalin.
Doesn't matter people will acknowledge my Arabness alhamdullilah. They do already regardless and I do have Arab admixture from my ayeyo, but this is an extra plus. They will look at my dark brown skin, a true noble Dark Arab they will perceive. with proof from ancestry dot com. They see DNA company they must think it's true they don't know better waa doqomo. I will be unstoppable. Alhamdullilah. Can I get a amen?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter people will acknowledge my Arabness alhamdullilah. They do already regardless and I do have Arab admixture from my ayeyo, but this is an extra plus. They will look at my dark brown skin, a true noble Dark Arab they will perceive. with proof from ancestry I will be unstoppable. Alhamdullilah. Can I get a amen?

source[1].gif

How accurate are these dna tests. Are they just for fun or should you actually believe them? Which one is the best for us Somalis, I may do one myself (though there is probably no point, i look 100% Somali ).

My Hooyo always says that her ancestors are from Yemen. I disagreed with her and mentioned that some Somali tribes claim the same thing. BTW she's Arab Salah/ Arab Mohamoud Salah. Long story short, I suggested her to do the Ancestry DNA Test. To my surprise she agreed to that. So when the results came in I was really surprised by the fact that she was only 16% East African.

Arab Salah are Meheri Arabs from Yemen and they also live in Socotra so that's not surprising.

What is your father's background?

Apollo

VIP
Arab Salah are Meheri Arabs from Yemen and they also live in Socotra so that's not surprising.

To be honest, it is kind of surprising.. the other handful of Carab Saalaxs I saw on 23andme were autosomally identical to regular Somalis while the OP's samples seem to be +20% Arabian relative to other Somalis.

I know but 60% don't you think that's little bit to high?

You only get that number if you have recent Arab parents. I know for fact that my hooyo does not have Arab awoowe ama ayeeyo.

My father is hawiye - Wacdaan Cismaan but this has nothing to do with her results.

To be honest, it is kind of surprising.. the other handful of Carab Saalaxs I saw on 23andme were autosomally identical to regular Somalis while the OP's samples seem to be +20% Arabian relative to other Somalis.

Your absolutely right. Is either the dna results isn't right or there must be a recent Arab grandfather. But according to my hooyo there is not recent Arab grandparents in her family tree

I know but 60% don't you think that's little bit to high?

You only get that number if you have recent Arab parents. I know for fact that my hooyo does not have Arab awoowe ama ayeeyo.

My father is hawiye - Wacdaan Cismaan but this has nothing to do with her results.

Its very odd.

I just know that Arab Salahs are Arabs that married MJs and other Daarood for maybe 2/3 centuries max.

Maybe your mothers family only married other Arab Salahs and has minimal Somali grandparents as odd as that sounds.

Check who her maternal grandmothers are.

Is autosomally maternal dna?

What about Arab Salah paternal background? Are they Meheri Arabs or confused Somalis?

Trending

Latest posts