My friend has shown no sadness that his father died and he didn't tell me

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Me and my friend were walking outside the masjid and someone came up to him (I think he was part of his qabiil) saying AUN to his father who passed away last month in Somalia. I was in a state of shock. He didn't tell me. When he left I asked him why did he hide this information from me? He replied he hasn't seen his father since he was 12 or 13 years old and that he is not sad or happy about his death because he never visited the family or spoke to them which I am always suspicious of if a family alleges this. He changed the topic to football.

How can you not care about your father? I need to be careful who I befriend wallahi imagine my son treated me this way

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Would you feel sad for the passing of a stranger?

If you aren't in your kid's lives then they don't own you shit.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Why do you think he has an obligation to tell you? Death is personal and people grieve in different ways. I don’t see why you’re making this about yourself. He hasn’t seen his father since he was 12 so the man is practically a stranger to him. He is probably going thru different emotions and doesn’t even know how to feel.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
People grieve differently, you don’t know what he’s like when he’s a lone. Also maybe it’s a sensitive topic if the man wasn’t in his life?

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
Don’t bring it up to him again, this will only cause annoyance to him. He’s probably dealing with this loss in a different way.

I remember when my dads mum passed away he was completely unphased (in public) when the whole community found out (mind you it has been over 20 years since he saw her) but that week for him was completely depressing and he couldn’t eat or do anything.

Seeing a family member like that who you always regarded as one of the strongest people in your life hurts more than anything.

In Sha Allah, your friend is coping well now.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Me and my friend were walking outside the masjid and someone came up to him (I think he was part of his qabiil) saying AUN to his father who passed away last month in Somalia. I was in a state of shock. He didn't tell me. When he left I asked him why did he hide this information from me? He replied he hasn't seen his father since he was 12 or 13 years old and that he is not sad or happy about his death because he never visited the family or spoke to them which I am always suspicious of if a family alleges this. He changed the topic to football.

How can you not care about your father? I need to be careful who I befriend wallahi imagine my son treated me this way

You are a girl right? Why are u going to the Masjid & more importantly WHY are talking about football???????????????

You can't judge him, everyone does not have good/great fathers alot of fathers are absent too...think about it...this guy and his mum/family might have had gone through lot of difficulties, life circumstances, health issues etc on their own! Or he may have not come to terms with reality yet or maybe his father hadn't done anything for him or shown him fatherhood so he might be numb due to disappointment from his dad, we don't know only Allah SWT knows, like he said he is not happy or sad! Let people grieve in their own way and do your job by helping your friend in grieve in their hour of need!

Don’t bring it up to him again, this will only cause annoyance to him. He’s probably dealing with this loss in a different way.

I remember when my dads mum passed away he was completely unphased (in public) when the whole community found out (mind you it has been over 20 years since he saw her) but that week for him was completely depressing and he couldn’t eat or do anything.

Seeing a family member like that who you always regarded as one of the strongest people in your life hurts more than anything.

In Sha Allah, your friend is coping well now.

AUN your grandparent...I can relate doesn't matter if you haven't seen your parent in a long time or weren't raised by them it still affects you in someway good or bad AUN to all muslims ameen

Rather than shunning him. Try to understand or figure out why he’s reacting like this.
Your friend grew up, transformed, transitioned, made decision, had bad days , good days without his father. maybe they haven’t had a relationship.
like plants, we need to tend to our relationships to flourish. Otherwise it will whither away.

Ahhh, look here we have another holier than thou immortally blind loving your parent's moron. Why do people expect other people to love their father or mother after they've been wronged for so long?

Why should he mourn after his father left him and his mother, and he has no relationship with his father's side which isn't his fault at all.

His father was never in his life so he is entitled to react in any manner he wants. How about you try and be a better friend and mind your own business.

Stop with this ''oh, but regardless of what they did, they're still your father or mother at the end of the day BS'' if my father walked out on me and I wasn't in contact with him for so long and I heard about his passing, I wouldn't even attend his funeral let alone cry or mourn his death.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts