My friend has shown no sadness that his father died and he didn't tell me

Discussion in 'General' started by SOMALIKNIGHT, Nov 8, 2019.

1. SOMALIKNIGHT

SOMALIKNIGHT

Ratings:
    +1,327
    Me and my friend were walking outside the masjid and someone came up to him (I think he was part of his qabiil) saying AUN to his father who passed away last month in Somalia. I was in a state of shock. He didn't tell me. When he left I asked him why did he hide this information from me? He replied he hasn't seen his father since he was 12 or 13 years old and that he is not sad or happy about his death because he never visited the family or spoke to them which I am always suspicious of if a family alleges this. He changed the topic to football.

How can you not care about your father? I need to be careful who I befriend wallahi imagine my son treated me this way

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Jaydaan

Jaydaan

Ratings:
    +4,284
    Some people are just damaged. Stay away from him

• Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Siddhartha

Siddhartha

Ratings:
    +1,241
    He hasn't seen his father since he was a child. He's a stranger to him.

• Like Like x 8
  4. kickz

kickz Engineer of Qandala

Ratings:
    +11,260
    I would leave it alone, people deal with things differently.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  5. RasCanjero

RasCanjero

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Would you feel sad for the passing of a stranger?

If you aren't in your kid's lives then they don't own you shit.

6. IstarZ

IstarZ Be a mountain or lean on one

Ratings:
    +1,037
    Why do you think he has an obligation to tell you? Death is personal and people grieve in different ways. I don’t see why you’re making this about yourself. He hasn’t seen his father since he was 12 so the man is practically a stranger to him. He is probably going thru different emotions and doesn’t even know how to feel.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. NotMyL

NotMyL "You are your best thing"

Ratings:
    +7,865
    People grieve differently, you don’t know what he’s like when he’s a lone. Also maybe it’s a sensitive topic if the man wasn’t in his life?

8. Knowles

Knowles Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +14,441
    I think your post tells us exactly why he never told you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SOMALIKNIGHT

SOMALIKNIGHT

Ratings:
    +1,327
    Are you still unmarried with no children?

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Dharbash

Dharbash

Ratings:
    +340
    Don’t bring it up to him again, this will only cause annoyance to him. He’s probably dealing with this loss in a different way.

I remember when my dads mum passed away he was completely unphased (in public) when the whole community found out (mind you it has been over 20 years since he saw her) but that week for him was completely depressing and he couldn’t eat or do anything.

Seeing a family member like that who you always regarded as one of the strongest people in your life hurts more than anything.

In Sha Allah, your friend is coping well now.

11. SilverL

SilverL Unprofessional Therapist

Ratings:
    +7,038
    @SOULSEARCHING this is your male counterpart I was telling you about. You guys have the exact same kind of stories down to the writing styles and angry tone :browtf:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +20,392

You are a girl right? Why are u going to the Masjid & more importantly WHY are talking about football???????????????

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Somalihustler

Somalihustler

Ratings:
    +78
    You can't judge him, everyone does not have good/great fathers alot of fathers are absent too...think about it...this guy and his mum/family might have had gone through lot of difficulties, life circumstances, health issues etc on their own! Or he may have not come to terms with reality yet or maybe his father hadn't done anything for him or shown him fatherhood so he might be numb due to disappointment from his dad, we don't know only Allah SWT knows, like he said he is not happy or sad! Let people grieve in their own way and do your job by helping your friend in grieve in their hour of need!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Somalihustler

Somalihustler

Ratings:
    +78
    AUN your grandparent...I can relate doesn't matter if you haven't seen your parent in a long time or weren't raised by them it still affects you in someway good or bad AUN to all muslims ameen

15. laila

laila

Ratings:
    +360
    Rather than shunning him. Try to understand or figure out why he’s reacting like this.
    Your friend grew up, transformed, transitioned, made decision, had bad days , good days without his father. maybe they haven’t had a relationship.
    like plants, we need to tend to our relationships to flourish. Otherwise it will whither away.

16. Crow

Crow Make Hobyo Great Again

Ratings:
    +20,387
    :ooh:
    No naxariis. He just went straight for the throat.
    :damn:

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Nomoregames2019

Nomoregames2019

Ratings:
    +395
    Ahhh, look here we have another holier than thou immortally blind loving your parent's moron. Why do people expect other people to love their father or mother after they've been wronged for so long?

Why should he mourn after his father left him and his mother, and he has no relationship with his father's side which isn't his fault at all.

His father was never in his life so he is entitled to react in any manner he wants. How about you try and be a better friend and mind your own business.

Stop with this ''oh, but regardless of what they did, they're still your father or mother at the end of the day BS'' if my father walked out on me and I wasn't in contact with him for so long and I heard about his passing, I wouldn't even attend his funeral let alone cry or mourn his death.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  18. Halimo-2018

Halimo-2018

Ratings:
    +1,969
    How do you know he doesnt cry in his sleep at night? You dont seem like a good friend. You're victim blaming.

19. SOULSEARCHING

SOULSEARCHING

Ratings:
    +1,019
    There's so many like me in here, it's crazy :ftw9nwa:

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Mehmet

Mehmet

Ratings:
    +3,357
    Lmfao yes they are and even worse too

• Funny Funny x 1