My DNA and lineage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The constitution states ethnicity is a non-factor to becoming Somali. In addition, it states a Somali has to speak fluently the language, must have lived at least half of his/her lifetime in Somalia, and mustn't have Western dhaqan. That would exclude many here from being a Somali.
everything you wrote is bullshit, but if it was true it would only exclude them from being a national of the country, not from being a somali, as ethnic somalis live in neighboring countries.

everything you wrote is bullshit, but if it was true it would only exclude them from being a national of the country, not from being a somali, as ethnic somalis live in neighboring countries.
Those ethnic Somalis living in neighboring countries are Kenyan, Ethiopian or Djiboutian nationals, along with hundreds of non-ethnic Somalis. Again, being of a specific ethnicity is a non-factor, as it doesn't give one any priorities over other ethnicities.

Those ethnic Somalis living in neighboring countries are Kenyan, Ethiopian or Djiboutian nationals, along with hundreds of non-ethnic Somalis. Again, being of a specific ethnicity is a non-factor, as it doesn't give one any priorities over other ethnicities.
you can be somali nationally, or ethnically, or both. the person you originally quoted was talking about what makes a somali ethnically.

And I'm not bragging, I'm clarifying.
There is isaaq clan that are tested and found they have T-M 184 like me which is common in isaaq clan but no trace in south somalia. The origin of T is in East Saudi Arabia and you can cross check and do some research. We dont claim arabs but i believe there was a time where the isaaq clan were outcasted by south somalia and that created tension since Ancient time. There is a lost history of north somalia and dont forget we count back our fore fathers without making mistakes. Now some people mistaken isaaq with say samaroon who dont claim to be Binu Hashim. You know what the myth says it says one of the sons of Binu Hashim traveled from Iraq and reached somaliland to spread Islam there he settled and married. The origin of Haplogroup T is said to be in Iraq or Saudi Arabia. 50% of east Saudi Arabia has haplogroup T. "Haplogroup T is a fairly rare lineage in Europe, high in the middle and eastern sides of the Arabian peninsula and Arab States of the Persian Gulf, Out of (867 reported in FTDNA haplogroup T-(former K2)project - 284 (32%) are from this area, almost 50% of those from east of Saudi Arabia". "Haplogroup T is unusual in that it is both relatively rare and geographically widespread. While it probably originated, about 20,000 years ago, on the Arabian Peninsula, T-M184 is most common in males native to West Asia (especially Iraq)".

There are no published study showing such frequencies like 50% of T in east Saudi Arabia. This is only known throught private studies, some high frequencies in a few Arab tribes from Saudi Arabia. Mostly of T in east Arabia could be of Persian origin.

The 50% should be out of the total Arab members in the T project.

Today is known that Haplogroup T originated around 40.000-45.000ybp accordint to YFULL findings: http://www.yfull.com/tree/T/ probably around the Black sea (Anatolia or futher north). The most basally splitted branches are found in Germania, Southeast Caucasus, Flandres and Bhutan. This match the most basally splitted branch of the L haplogroup that is found only in Europe.

There are no published study showing such frequencies like 50% of T in east Saudi Arabia. This is only known throught private studies, some high frequencies in a few Arab tribes from Saudi Arabia. Mostly of T in east Arabia could be of Persian origin.

The 50% should be out of the total Arab members in the T project.

Today is known that Haplogroup T originated around 40.000-45.000ybp accordint to YFULL findings: http://www.yfull.com/tree/T/ probably around the Black sea (Anatolia or futher north). The most basally splitted branches are found in Germania, Southeast Caucasus, Flandres and Bhutan. This match the most basally splitted branch of the L haplogroup that is found only in Europe.

You could be right that the haplogroup T is of a Persian origin but it could also be of a Saudi Arabia origin that migrated towards Iraq. some study do suggest the haplogroup T were a travailing group of people that went from east to west remember how the ashabas us to vist iraq back and forth and set an islamic state in Iraq (Hassan and Hussein as an example). Now what i was addressing is that this haplogroup T are found in Isaaq and some Essa clans at a high frequency. Since the myth says isaaq Binu Hashim came from Iraq well could he have been Haplogroup T ? I mean be a little open minded because people use to deny the pharaohs and Babylonians as a fiction story of the bibal and quran until their ruins were found.

You could be right that the haplogroup T is of a Persian origin but it could also be of a Saudi Arabia origin that migrated towards Iraq. some study do suggest the haplogroup T were a travailing group of people that went from east to west remember how the ashabas us to vist iraq back and forth and set an islamic state in Iraq (Hassan and Hussein as an example). Now what i was addressing is that this haplogroup T are found in Isaaq and some Essa clans at a high frequency. Since the myth says isaaq Binu Hashim came from Iraq well could he have been Haplogroup T ? I mean be a little open minded because people use to deny the pharaohs and Babylonians as a fiction story of the bibal and quran until their ruins were found.
wouldn't banu hashim be j1? unless sheikh isaaq was a sheegato

wouldn't banu hashim be j1? unless sheikh isaaq was a sheegato
There is a huge chance that the Prophet Muhammad was J1. However, Arab tribes usually include other Arab families during it's formation, so they are not 100% homogeneous. The TMRCA for L859 reinforces the subclade's Arabian origins, and it fits right around the time Islam began. So I think it is the best candidate of his family's descendants (the Prophet himself never had a son that survived past infancy).The Quraish were Not actuall arabs but Arabized arabs So it makes sense that middle and south iraq in qadisiya carry this Haplo T group.
While we may never know for sure (unless we dig up the graves of the prophet and his family, which is never happening), the odds still favor J1

All reer xamar peeps I have seen on 23andme where of haplogroup R mainly, and that is what the link you posted showed. They also tend to have south Asian, East African (cushitic) and Bantu ancestry, with a small percentage of North African and middle Eastern in some.

There are probably some Arabian reer Xamars out there, I would not be surprised. But the funny thing is that south Arabians themselves appear to look similar to Somalis, and have a Cushitic element in their language. The whole region has a complex history, and cannot be summed up by palm reading like DNA tests (they are a joke in my opinion) and skin colour, which varies a lot even among ethnic Somalis and Arabians.

Last edited:

angrycat

not so sad after all
everyone wants to be bani hashim (refering to darod/isaq myths) lol comeon peeples theres no islamic significance to being relate to the Nabi sallallahu caleyhi wasallam

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
@giire12 The haplogroup T which is find in high frequency among Isaaq,Samarone,and Cisse is ancient and probably arrived into Africa Via Egypt(where it joined up with E1b1b) moved south into the Horn thousands of years ago before historical time.So your idea of this Haplogroup T being recent "Arabian" is bogus and has no scientific backing.Secondly Haplogroup T can even be found among other Somali tribes,Oromos and even South Cushites who left the Horn by 1000 BC and now are as far south as Tanzania.This Isaaq myth is BS since many different sub clans are holding different Y-dna Haplogroups(E1b1b,T,few J1).Btw those of you who think J is an Arab haplogroup is a false assumption since the Omotics in Southern Ethiopia have Basal J in high frequencies,the Horn is more diverse then most of you think.

@giire12 The haplogroup T which is find in high frequency among Isaaq,Samarone,and Cisse is ancient and probably arrived into Africa Via Egypt(where it joined up with E1b1b) moved south into the Horn thousands of years ago before historical time.So your idea of this Haplogroup T being recent "Arabian" is bogus and has no scientific backing.Secondly Haplogroup T can even be found among other Somali tribes,Oromos and even South Cushites who left the Horn by 1000 BC and now are as far south as Tanzania.This Isaaq myth is BS since many different sub clans are holding different Y-dna Haplogroups(E1b1b,T,few J1).Btw those of you who think J is an Arab haplogroup is a false assumption since the Omotics in Southern Ethiopia have Basal J in high frequencies,the Horn is more diverse then most of you think.
Have they ever cross-referenced DNA results with clan/subclan lineages?
Figure out how true the oral tradition is, and who are the sheegtos :mjpls:

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
Have they ever cross-referenced DNA results with clan/subclan lineages?
Figure out how true the oral tradition is, and who are the sheegtos :mjpls:
Tribes aren't real.The whole system is bs.The tribes at the top level(Isaaq,Darood) are just confederations.So basically we are all sheegaato.But if you cross reference with your sub sub clan,every male should have the same str values..For example me and some other fellow Sacad Muuse guys have the exact same str values,not even one number is different(proof of recent common descent)

Tribes aren't real.The whole system is bs.The tribes at the top level(Isaaq,Darood) are just confederations.So basically we are all sheegaato.But if you cross reference with your sub sub clan,every male should have the same str values..For example me and some other fellow Sacad Muuse guys have the exact same str values,not even one number is different(proof of recent common descent)

New
I figured as such. BUt how high can you go before discrepencies are reached. So you can pinpoint where the sheegto happens.10 generations? 5,15,20, 25? I find that interesting and it can tell us alot about the accuracy of oral tradition. And about Somali history and its migration patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.