My DNA ancestry results (23andme)

Apollo

VIP
Lol why do you have a Central African Maternal Haplogroup?

There is a version of L1b1a specific to the Sudanese, Egyptians, Israeli Bedouins, Ethiopians, and Cushites. It is called L1b1a2a.

He probably has that subclade. It is over 11,000 years old. It is not from modern-day Bantus.

kxMLykq.png

And he probably has this specific version of T1a:

PejsQrB.png

There is a version of L1b1a specific to the Sudanese, Egyptian, Israeli Bedouins, Ethiopians, and Cushites. It is called L1b1a2a.

He probably has that subclade. It is over 15,000 years old. It is not from modern-day Bantus.

kxMLykq.png

And he probably has this specific version of T1a:

PejsQrB.png
Why do Egyptians & Israeli Bedouins have this?

Apollo

VIP
I am not related to Harti Darood that is why. A lot of my second/3 23andme cousins are people from Mudug :lol: .

It is a bit random how people are related on 23andMe. I have some distant cousins all the way from Djibouti and Harar, but none from NFD.

The closest ones (3rd to 4th) are scarily specific to where my ancestors lived.

Bohol

VIP
It is a bit random how people are related on 23andMe. I have some distant cousins all the way from Djibouti and Harar, but none from NFD.

All of my 23andme relatives are within Somalia borders aside from the weird 1.1% Ethiopian&Eritrean :lol: .

Apollo

VIP
All of my 23andme relatives are within Somalia borders aside from the weird 1.1% Ethiopian&Eritrean :lol: .

They often give out noise levels of 'Sudanese' or 'Ethiopian & Eritrean'. Those two clusters are too close to the Somali one, so anything under 5% of that may not be legit but statistical errors.

You are pretty much pure Somali.

How can you tell, do you ask? Mine seem to be all over the place just going off of the ones who’ve actually shared that info on their profile.

Apollo

VIP
How can you tell, do you ask? Mine seem to be all over the place just going off of the ones who’ve actually shared that info on their profile.

You can message them. Often they respond weeks later as people don't log in frequently.

I got some creepily too close cousins on there. :ftw9nwa:

Apollo

VIP
I have many on there... is that weird? Nearly half a page of second... awks.

Are you sure they are true seconds? That can't be. 4ths and above are common. 2nd and 3rds are rather rare.

Especially with more than 1% shared and more than 5 segments (you can see the percentages). I have several of those. Quite odd. :hmm: