My depression story: Had it for 5 years.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I dont think depression exists, if you read qur'an it all goes away

She talks about how Somalis are not supportive.
How they basically make excuses and dismiss a person's depression.
She was afraid to share her story with Somalis.
Thinks Somali parents are savages and uncaring.
She wanted to kill herself everyday.
She had to put on a fake smile

Her white husband should go with her to therapy.

Where is her white husband in the video?

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Somalis don’t think before they speak and don’t care or realize how their words impact others.

I remember when my brother passed away. My mom wasn’t herself for a long time. She was broken. People would come around and tell her she is showing low imaan, she should be grateful he was sick as she will get good deeds caring for him and she could still have another child. I had to get rid off them tactfully even though they showed zero tact when dealing with my mom.

They don’t understand the process of grief and impose their unsolicited advice on others.

Somalis don’t think before they speak and don’t care or realize how their words impact others.

I remember when my brother passed away. My mom wasn’t herself for a long time. She was broken. People would come around and tell her she is showing low imaan, she should be grateful he was sick as she will get good deeds caring for him and she could still have another child. I had to get rid off them tactfully even though they showed zero tact when dealing with my mom.

They don’t understand the process of grief and impose their unsolicited advice on others.

I'm so sorry :it0tdo8:. I hope you and your mum are doing better even though we can never get over the death of a child/loved one. You just learn to live with it.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit

I'm sorry about your brother... AUN.
A mother's pain is unmeasurable after losing a child, I pray for your mom's heart to be full of joy. May Allah swt always shower her and you with his blessings.

You should have fought them, how can they say such thing, I would have fought them, and then called the police on them for trespassing.

Sorry to her that sis. We never been good with choice of worfs as somalis. They just dont realize how much words can hurt and assume you know whats in their heart and not be upset. Aun to your brother

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I'm sorry about your brother... AUN.
A mother's pain is unmeasurable after losing a child, I pray for your mom's heart to be full of joy. May Allah swt always shower her and you with his blessings.

You should have fought them, how can they say such thing, I would have fought them, and then called the police on them for trespassing.

That would’ve been disrespectful as they are elders. Waa ceeb. I also know that’s not how my mom would have handled the situation. The less commotion, the better. Also there were others who were very supportive and considerate. Ameen sis. That’s kind of you.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I was so excited when I saw this thread, I thought the OP was the one who is depressed.
Alxamdullillah. I don't live a miserable life where I wish anyone to have depression. I would have prayed for you but you're a lost cause.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I hate the fact that Somalis bring religion into mental health, how is Quran saar going to balance the chemicals in my brain :farmajoyaab:

By the power of belief! Belief ! huuno huuno!
cryinglaughsmiley.jpg

Trending

Latest posts