My dad suggested moving back to Somalia

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What somali part is that?

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

There’s no good looking men or women back home because barely any of them take of themselves.

Nearly everyone in Galkacyo has ilko cas to the point that it’s vomit inducing.

None of the guys get proper haircuts. I remember that every haircut was basically a buzz cut.
Hmm :hmm:

Is it only Galkacyo or is that also in other cities in Puntland? Like Garowe for example or Bosaso?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Hmm :hmm:

Is it only Galkacyo or is that also in other cities in Puntland? Like Garowe for example or Bosaso?

Everywhere in 1960-border Somalia is like that.

Primarily because residents drank poor quality drinking water during the civil war. You will see people with this teeth in Hargeisa, Xamar, Kismaayo etc.

Gaalkacyo was the place I have spent most time in.

My dad casually suggested that our family should just move back to Somalia because America is too much trouble and headache, I thought he was joking at first but I think he's serious.

I'm not sure how to react, on the one hand it might be good for us, on the other I'm not done with my education and I want to finish high school and go into college(yes I'm in high school).

I think we should stay, it's not like we actually have plans to move it was more a suggestion from him than anything.
Where in Somalia?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Primarily because residents drank poor quality drinking water during the civil war. You will see people with this teeth in Hargeisa, Xamar, Kismaayo etc.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My friend from Puntland told me that Siad Barre poisoned their water, i’m pretty sure they did that in Somaliland too.

Also I finally learned what it is and what causes this, it’s called dental flourosis.

Dental fluorosis is caused by taking in too much fluoride over a long period when the teeth are forming under the gums. Only children aged 8 years and younger are at risk because this is when permanent teeth are developing; children older than 8 years, adolescents, and adults cannot develop dental fluorosis.

Btw I learned about dental flourosis on TikTok

:obama:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
My friend from Puntland told me that Siad Barre poisoned their water, i’m pretty sure they did that in Somaliland too.

Also I finally learned what it is and what causes this, it’s called dental flourosis.

Dental fluorosis is caused by taking in too much fluoride over a long period when the teeth are forming under the gums. Only children aged 8 years and younger are at risk because this is when permanent teeth are developing; children older than 8 years, adolescents, and adults cannot develop dental fluorosis.

Btw I learned about dental flourosis on TikTok

:obama:

I did not know about dental flourosis. You learn something new everyday.

That is exactly what I saw on people's teeth back home. We need to make dental cheaper to allow people to fix their teeth.

As for the water quality, the water supply in Gaalkacyo is borderline undrinkable. People order a treated water service that comes around and fills up tanks on a subscription basis. Buying bags of treated water for 1000 Somali Shillings is very popular at dukaans in GLK.

I am not sure why the water is like that, as it looks and smells drinkable but the taste is horrible.

My dad casually suggested that our family should just move back to Somalia because America is too much trouble and headache, I thought he was joking at first but I think he's serious.

I'm not sure how to react, on the one hand it might be good for us, on the other I'm not done with my education and I want to finish high school and go into college(yes I'm in high school).

I think we should stay, it's not like we actually have plans to move it was more a suggestion from him than anything.
Same. I kind of dont mind though.

I did not know about dental flourosis. You learn something new everyday.

That is exactly what I saw on people's teeth back home. We need to make dental cheaper to allow people to fix their teeth.

As for the water quality, the water supply in Gaalkacyo is borderline undrinkable. People order a treated water service that comes around and fills up tanks on a subscription basis. Buying bags of treated water for 1000 Somali Shillings is very popular at dukaans in GLK.

I am not sure why the water is like that, as it looks and smells drinkable but the taste is horrible.

Yeah apparently it’s because it is too much flour in the water, a certain amount of flour is supposed to be taken in especially when the teeth are forming under the gums.

Lack of good dentists and experts on water is the problem, and as soon as these are fixed then the dental flourosis thing will rapidly decrease and totally go away.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
My family went back to Somalia and were considering relocating there.

We were in Galkacyo as a family for several months before my mum and dad decided that it wasn’t gonna work out.

I have too many stories of Gaalkacyo, I’m practically a native there. I got kicked out of two of the largest secondary schools in Nth Galkacyo loool.
Omar samatar school?

Trending