My brothers in humanity who happen to be atheists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kafir

I don’t mind that cop-out of “Allah is All Knowing” because religion is based on blind faith. What makes me chuckle is the absurdity that all things are predestined and they have “free will”. Maybe a case of Stockholm syndrome. You bind yourself and your freedoms to an ideology that enslaves your sovereignty, then, you are bound to accept everything they utter. Look at the followers of Jim Jones!!! They say they will die for Allah’s sake, really? What happened to his power?
What makes the cop out so great is how universally it can be applied. The contradiction you pointed out between predestination and free will. You see it's only absurd from our limited human perspective. From Allah's perspective it makes total sense.

A good Muslim is someone you describe. Someone who is bound to everything uttered in Islamic holy texts. I honestly imagine that during Muhammad's lifetime his followers were very similar to Jim Jones'. Since it's been a long time since Muhammad died we have a lot of Muslims today who cherry-pick the parts they are willing to follow and do mental gymnastics about the parts they aren't. Rasoolullah isn't around anymore to correct their interpretations.

I'm left wondering what motivates a Muslim to be a Muslim. How does someone who honestly believes what the scripture tells them to do actively reinterpret it so it means something else? Do they not think they're cherry-picking or is their faith insincere? I don't think most Muslims are deeply bound to agree with everything the Quran says. I think there are certain things that they aren't willing to believe an all-powerful all-knowing and loving god would say or ask them to do. If they come across these sorts of things in the Quran or hadiths they won't accept them as is. Instead they'll do some Zakir Naik/Hamza Tzortzis style analyzing so it doesn't mean what it says. They also seem to like calling certain things out of context.

Its so sad
its like describing photosynthesis to a race of people who are blind. So they do not even acknowledge the existence of the sun.

their responses
"what is a sun"
"a thing that is bigger than the earth yet fits inside of it"
"a thing that is so hot and yet disappears"...

May Allah guide you guys

Suave

Bonnie & Clyde <3
Its so sad
its like describing photosynthesis to a race of people who are blind. So they do not even acknowledge the existence of the sun.

their responses
"what is a sun"
"a thing that is bigger than the earth yet fits inside of it"
"a thing that is so hot and yet disappears"...

May Allah guide you guys

What is your race/ ethnicity? You converts have a lot to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.