My Article on why Siad Barre fell

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
I'm not sure Siad Barre wanted Ogaden for natural resources what natural resources was known to be there at the time? I think he wanted to be a conqueror this was ego.

Enjoy!

Interesting perspective. I agree with you completely. I have family members that left Somalia in the 80s because of the economic downturn in Somali. Which explains the lack of revenue in the country at the time.

Many basic infrastructures did not exist at the time and still do not such as transportation. Somalia never had an effective train/railway system. Technology or bank systems on par with modern times either.

I think Siad Barre was more obsessed with remaining in power and prioritised that instead. Which ironically led to his downfall

Som

VIP
Interesting perspective. I agree with you completely. I have family members that left Somalia in the 80s because of the economic downturn in Somali. Which explains the lack of revenue in the country at the time.

Many basic infrastructures did not exist at the time and still do not such as transportation. Somalia never had an effective train/railway system. Technology or bank systems on par with modern times either.

I think Siad Barre was more obsessed with remaining in power and prioritised that instead. Which ironically led to his downfall
You have to compare Somalia with neighboring countries. Pre 1991 somalia was poor but probably still better than Ethiopia

Trending