My aabo want me to have an "Entanglement"

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I just had to use the word entanglement:lolbron:

Jokes aside, my parents have instilled in us to not date while in school, at least not until we get our bachelors. So I've been faithfully curving abdis/men to heed their advice.

Earlier this year, I decided a career in the health field is not for me and switch to Environmental Biology. My aabo doesn't approve of my decision. He says it is dangerous for a girl do a job that requires travelling away from home for weeks/months and working in remote areas (I want to specialize in wildlife conservation inshAllah). I understand his concern but this is my passion and I am willing to take that risk. I am also positive he'll come around once he sees I am doing a great job.

Anyway, the other day he tells me he gave his friend's son my phone number and wants me to get to know him. I reminded him I have two years to finish my undergrad but he insists I "just talk to the guy and 2years is nothing." Personally, I think he is panicking because he sees my career decision as a reflection of me losing my somali dhaqan.

What should I do?

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Environmental Biology is a joke degree with very little monetary returns.

Our parents didn't leave a war torn country for you to collect water and play in the dirt. You should either stop slacking and do a real STEM degree or call it quits and get married.

Environmental Biology is a joke degree with very little monetary returns.

Our parents didn't leave a war torn country for you to collect water and play in the dirt. You should either stop slacking and do a real STEM degree or call it quits and get married.

The average salary for environmental scientists is $63,000. Those working for the federal government or in the oil/gas industry can earn up to almost 100k a year. Not bad, at all. What's the point of landing a high-paying job that you're unhappy in?

Your choice of career cannot make you "lose your dhaqan". Reassure him that you will not. Tell him that you're not interested in marriage rn and that you want to focus on your education and career.

You must go to Guelph. :lolbron:

Anyways your dad is right. Two years isn’t long and maybe you and the guy could be friends. Just take a chance. It doesn’t have to be romantic.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I just had to use the word entanglement:lolbron:

Jokes aside, my parents have instilled in us to not date while in school, at least not until we get our bachelors. So I've been faithfully curving abdis/men to heed their advice.

Earlier this year, I decided a career in the health field is not for me and switch to Environmental Biology. My aabo doesn't approve of my decision. He says it is dangerous for a girl do a job that requires travelling away from home for weeks/months and working in remote areas (I want to specialize in wildlife conservation inshAllah). I understand his concern but this is my passion and I am willing to take that risk. I am also positive he'll come around once he sees I am doing a great job.

Anyway, the other day he tells me he gave his friend's son my phone number and wants me to get to know him. I reminded him I have two years to finish my undergrad but he insists I "just talk to the guy and 2years is nothing." Personally, I think he is panicking because he sees my career decision as a reflection of me losing my somali dhaqan.

What should I do?

Go back to Health degree. Be practical. Or Logical? Actually, i think the environment Biology degree is a good idea, it will lead u to no where, and then u will be forced to be a house wife for the man your aabo pick! Brilliant Aabo

dr.leorio

death\emitter
The average salary for environmental scientists is $63,000. Those working for the federal government or in the oil/gas industry can earn up to almost 100k a year. Not bad, at all. What's the point of landing a high-paying job that you're unhappy in?

Your choice of career cannot make you "lose your dhaqan". Reassure him that you will not. Tell him that you're not interested in marriage rn and that you want to focus on your education and career.

Everybody knows you take the average wage posted online for a job and then subtract $20,000 and that will be your beginning salary. So nature girl over here will be making roughly around $40k not $60k after she graduates. Which btw is considered the working poor - lower class in my world.

So essentially this chick is going to school, taking out student loan debt, going against her fathers wishes only to be a part of the working poor? This is beyond doqonimo.

You're not supposed to choose your "career" based on what you like. We don't have that luxury. You must work to make money so you can survive and benefit yourself and society. Fullstop.

I honestly think your only refuge at this point is marriage. You're 20 years old so now would be a wise time to trade in your youth and beauty for a high quality man.

So, if you listen to your Aabo and get married you'll happily recieve his blessings, have a provider and a man that will lead you. It's a no brainer. Listen to your dad.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Everybody knows you take the average wage posted online for a job and then subtract $20,000 and that will be your beginning salary. So nature girl over here will be making roughly around $40k not $60k after she graduates. Which btw is considered the working poor - lower class in my world.

So essentially this chick is going to school, taking out student loan debt, going against her fathers wishes only to be a part of the working poor? This is beyond doqonimo.

You're not supposed to choose your "career" based on what you like. We don't have that luxury. You must work to make money so you can survive and benefit yourself and society. Fullstop.

I honestly think your only refuge at this point is marriage. You're 20 years old so now would be a wise time to trade in your youth and beauty for a high quality man.

So, if you listen to your Aabo and get married you'll happily receive his blessings, have a provider and a man that will lead you. It's a no brainer. Listen to your dad.

Bruh, you forget to mention that is the starting wage. Money is important to some people I guess but it has not been a motivating factor for me. Also most scientists/ecologists with 7+yrs of experience and with masters/pHD automatically earn 6figures. Luckily for me, I plan to go for higher studies out of interest and I am willing to put in the work.

I was in my third year microbiology planning to get into dentistry but since I switched to env. bio, i will graduate a year late. I don't see the difference to be honest. Those 9years of study to work as a dentist is same amount of time if I go for master and phD in a field I am interested in.

I turned 22 this month and I have no intention of trading my youth for some man's money. You really had to spew that misogyny bs..
giphy (2).gif

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Listen to ur Aabe hes only protecting your chastity get married to the boy he wants and you shall succeed

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Go to male cousins with that ish. Can't believe you went to your hoyo :farmajoyaab:
If I wanted ajnabi ting I'd go to my male cousins or handle dat myself but when it comes to xalimos my hooyo has all the connects but doesn't want to hook me up talking about you have to marry her kulaha smh it really be ya own:snoop:

Trending

Latest posts