My 23andme result Rahanweyn luwaay from ufrow,

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
I read that somewhere, I think it was IM Lewis, he even says some ex slave oromos were incorporated. And say rahanweyn is more hospitable and tolerant. Also how do rahanweyns themselves distinguish what lineages are incorporated non ethnics and what lineages are fully ethnic apart from phenotype ofcourse?
It's well known within the clan which sub sub clans originate from where. It's possible that some sub clans may have been assimilated so long ago that there origins are forgotten. But with Reewin clans system most sub clans know their origins and it's not hidden.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
South Cushitic paternal haplogroup which is very rare among Somalis & other East Cushitic groups. He also has minor Bantu ancestry which isn’t surprising as there are hundreds of thousands of Bantu Maay speakers
Majerteen have Iranian and Indian mixture it’s good to be Majerteeen wallahi 😍
IMG_6854.jpeg

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
South Asian isn’t a flex walaal 😂😂
These dna companies especially when it comes to maghrebis use mixed samples. I saw a guy on 23andme who was 6 arabian but on illusativedna he was around 21. Same with his minor west african being from 3 to like 16.

Then again, nearly all maghrebis have west african/arabian ancestry if you go far back enough even if it's not detectable. With european ancestry i'm not as sure though, the riffans can have a lot of iberian ancestry for example.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
With european ancestry i'm not as sure though, the riffans can have a lot of iberian ancestry for example.
The North of Morocco experienced migrations from Al-Andalus but I don’t think Riffians are heavily Iberian. They seem very similar to the Guanches who also originated in Northern Morocco.

The Moriscos from the Northern urban centres like Tangier,Tetouan,Chefchouen, Fes and in Algeria (Tlemcen & Wahran). They are arabophones and heavily Iberian with Berber admixture due to living in North Africa.

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
The North of Morocco experienced migrations from Al-Andalus but I don’t think Riffians are heavily Iberian. They seem very similar to the Guanches who also originated in Northern Morocco.

The Moriscos from the Northern urban centres like Tangier,Tetouan,Chefchouen, Fes and in Algeria (Tlemcen & Wahran). They are arabophones and heavily Iberian with Berber admixture due to living in North Africa.
Intriguing, i've seen many eastern algerian/tunisian results getting minor sudanese, i already know about the increased west african due to slavery. Do you know why that is, i've heard the banu hilal migrating through egypt/sudan possibly mixing with the natives but i'm not too sure.

The Madanle in Northern Kenya burials showed men who were roughly 6ft2. The Harlas )were also also said to have been taller in stature. The focus on their height is interesting considering Somali men aren’t that short in comparison to say Habashis on average.

I don’t think they were South Cushitics. There is little evidence for that and their name is found in Somali lineages as well as being linked to Ajuuraan.
Some of my relatives have E-M293.

Actual proper Eurasian ancestry is about 38-40% whereas actual proper SSA ancestry is about 60-62% depending on the person. But then our MENA ancestors were not purely Eurasian themselves so if you try to model Somalis as something like "Dinka + Mota + Natufian + Jawf-Yemeni" you'll get the SSA score at about 54-56% and the MENA score at about 44-46%.
Dinka and Mota themselves are not pure, they can be modelled as having Palaeolithic Eurasian ancestry on qpadm. On a PCA, treemix, admixture analysis etc.. they consistently show Eurasian affinities not found in most Sub Saharan Africans. When you take this into account aswell as the SSA-related ancestry present in our MENA ancestors, Somalis are about 45% Eurasian, 55% SSA
@Doctorabdi

Trending

Latest posts