My 23andme result Rahanweyn luwaay from ufrow,

The SE African component in 23&me is Bantu ancestry. Yes Raxanweyn mixed with Bantus, they even carry Bantu paternal lineages like E-M2 and there’s a decent percentage in Southern Somalia that have Bantu maternal lineages as well
They didn't, they were seen as inferior, you can't name any raxanweyn qabiil that mixed with any bantus in gosha or dhoobey , name what clans those people with E-M2 are from

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Evidence? I do agree to an extent some rahanweyns look distinct from other ethnic Somalis in phenotype which maybe due to admixture.
The average rahanweyn looks undetectable from the average Hawiye/Daarood/Isaaq. What you are referring to is most likely Bantu sheegads that were incorporated into D&M post abolishing of slavery.

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
Have you seen results from Bantus on 23&me?
Kikuyu results (Kikuyu are 1/3 Cushitic):
View attachment 320434

Tanzanian Muslim Results:

View attachment 320436

Tutsi from Congo:
View attachment 320437

Let’s be real most of you Somalians are tainted with Bantu ancestry. It makes sense historically, and the modern Bantus of Somalia are living proof. There’s nothing wrong with Niger-Congo ancestry, my own son is probably 3% West African due to his Saharan Moroccan ancestry so it’s not like I’m tryna instigate anything here
3% West African that's pretty low, most arab maghrebis especially in the plains are at least 10 west african due to the trans saharan slave trade. Plus the fact that, ANA itself can be modeled as 33% west african related. It's likely much higher

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
They didn't, they were seen as inferior, you can't name any raxanweyn qabiil that mixed with any bantus in gosha or dhoobey , name what clans those people with E-M2 are from
Too many Raxanweyn and cadcads carry Bantu ancestry. The Raxanweyn who had E-M2 but was autosomally 98% Somali 2% SE African deleted his post lol, probably got embarassed of having a Bantu paternal haplogroup.He even posted his pic and looks like a generic Horner.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
3% West African that's pretty low,
For a half Maghrebi, it's pretty standard.

Target: Son
Distance: 1.3862% / 0.01386235
46.8Cushitic
34.2Berber
8.0Arabian
8.0Moroccan_Jew
3.0Yoruba

Target: Wife_scaled
Distance: 1.7195% / 0.01719497
62.2Berber
18.0Moroccan_Jew
12.6Arabian
7.2Yoruba
most arab maghrebis especially in the plains are at least 10 west african due to the trans saharan slave trade.
atleast 5% seems more accurate but yes the Arabs have more medieval West African ancestry due to their practice of having relations with their West African concubines. The Berbers were less likely to admix with West Africans.
Plus the fact that, ANA itself can be modeled as 33% west african related. It's likely much higher
Nobody here is talking about ancient Mesolithic ancestry and ANA is not 33% West African...but this is not the thread to discuss this.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
4-5 West African is the average for kabyles you said yourself, i'm assuming that "berber" hides some of that. I would have thought your son had higher due to having a saharan background my bad.
The Berber component is based on the ancient Guanches & Berber sample from Tunisia during the Carthaginian period. The Ancient Berbers have minor West African ancestry but it seems to be pretty ancient and has nothing to do with the Islamic slave trade.

Back on topic with the Rx, they definitely have lots of members with minor Bantu ancestry & outliers with substantial Bantu ancestry also thanks to the Islamic slave trade. This Bantu ancestry isn’t restricted to Raxanweyn but also to ethnic Somalis of Southern Somalia but it is non-existent among the Northern Somalians (Puntland). I seen a few ethnic Somalis from that region with maternal Bantu lineages which means it was mostly female-mediated unlike among the Raxanweyn which was likely evenly male & females mediated.

The Berber component is based on the ancient Guanches & Berber sample from Tunisia during the Carthaginian period. The Ancient Berbers have minor West African ancestry but it seems to be pretty ancient and has nothing to do with the Islamic slave trade.

Back on topic with the Rx, they definitely have lots of members with minor Bantu ancestry & outliers with substantial Bantu ancestry also thanks to the Islamic slave trade. This Bantu ancestry isn’t restricted to Raxanweyn but also to ethnic Somalis of Southern Somalia but it is non-existent among the Northern Somalians (Puntland). I seen a few ethnic Somalis from that region with maternal Bantu lineages which means it was mostly female-mediated unlike among the Raxanweyn which was likely evenly male & females mediated.
Galguduud Somalis get 100% unlike the rest of Somalia.

Too many Raxanweyn and cadcads carry Bantu ancestry. The Raxanweyn who had E-M2 but was autosomally 98% Somali 2% SE African deleted his post lol, probably got embarassed of having a Bantu paternal haplogroup.He even posted his pic and looks like a generic Horner.

Yes I know that one, he got E-M154 , we'd need to know his sub sub sub sub of Eelay to come to any conclusion.

Galguduud Somalis get 100% unlike the rest of Somalia.
I'd say they are the purest cushites at least from what i've seen, in general somalis as Shimbiris said are very homogeneous with the exception of the kenyan somalis having a bit more SSA but even then they still cluster tightly with other somalis generally speaking.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
His name is Ahmed Dahir, he has his grandparents birthplaces as Ethiopia and family location as Jigjiga Faafaan
Why are you doxxing some random Somali dude with his full government name?
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Taboos in society can be broken. The revolutionary Sufi Jamats like the Baardheere fraternity attracted a lot of runaway slaves. This could have been one way tsocietal taboos around marriages could have been broken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_174637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_174637_Chrome.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240312_174647_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_174647_Chrome.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20240312_174656_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_174656_Chrome.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20240312_174802_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_174802_Chrome.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20240312_174930_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_174930_Chrome.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 43
The average rahanweyn looks undetectable from the average Hawiye/Daarood/Isaaq. What you are referring to is most likely Bantu sheegads that were incorporated into D&M post abolishing of slavery.
I read that somewhere, I think it was IM Lewis, he even says some ex slave oromos were incorporated. And say rahanweyn is more hospitable and tolerant. Also how do rahanweyns themselves distinguish what lineages are incorporated non ethnics and what lineages are fully ethnic apart from phenotype ofcourse?

I read that somewhere, I think it was IM Lewis, he even says some ex slave oromos were incorporated. And say rahanweyn is more hospitable and tolerant. Also how do rahanweyns themselves distinguish what lineages are incorporated non ethnics and what lineages are fully ethnic apart from phenotype ofcourse?
I believe they have a concept based on what order sub-groups inhabited a piece of land-

Trending

Latest posts