My 23andme result Rahanweyn luwaay from ufrow,

IMG_7660.jpeg
IMG_7661.jpeg
IMG_7662.jpeg
IMG_7663.jpeg

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
South Cushitic paternal haplogroup which is very rare among Somalis & other East Cushitic groups. He also has minor Bantu ancestry which isn’t surprising as there are hundreds of thousands of Bantu Maay speakers

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
South Cushitic paternal haplogroup which is very rare among Somalis & other East Cushitic groups. He also has minor Bantu ancestry which isn’t surprising as there are hundreds of thousands of Bantu Maay speakers
Which region is this south Cushitic haplogroup prevelant in?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
He got a southern cushitic paternal HG?

In central Somalia and the interriverine regions, there is a myth that it was previously inhabited by giants. Madanle in the south, Tiirri in central regions. Used to think this was a fairy tale but there could be more to the story.

We know southern cushitics were relatively tall and now a their signature HG surfaces this far north. A Degoodia girls brother here got E-M293 but was chalked up to recent assimilation.

This guy should reveal his abtirsi and do YFull. We need more information.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement

In central Somalia and the interriverine regions, there is a myth that it was previously inhabited by giants. Madanle in the south, Tiirri in central regions. Used to think this was a fairy tale but there could be more to the story.

We know southern cushitics were relatively tall and now a their signature HG surfaces this far north. A Degoodia girls brother here got E-M293 but was chalked up to recent assimilation.

Madinle are still around. Wonder if we’ll ever get a Y sample from one of them.

The Madanle in Northern Kenya burials showed men who were roughly 6ft2. The Harlas )were also also said to have been taller in stature. The focus on their height is interesting considering Somali men aren’t that short in comparison to say Habashis on average.

I don’t think they were South Cushitics. There is little evidence for that and their name is found in Somali lineages as well as being linked to Ajuuraan.

Last edited:

mohamedismail

Makes sense since, after being defeated the remaining Maadinle most likely got assimilated into the local Reewin clans. This is common when a tribe is defeated, the rest usually get assimilated.

That Bantu and South Asian might have been mediated through Benadiris as they were known to travel very far in land. Could also of course be from the many Reewin-speaking Bantus who live with us. E-M293 is very rare among Somalis I’ve seen a few Isaaqs who carry it. Could be wrong but I think L3f1a is either the most common or the second most common mtdna among Somalis so that result is bog-standard.

Would love to know this guys subclan of Luwaay and when his family moved from Bakool to Ufurow.

mohamedismail

That Bantu and South Asian might have been mediated through Benadiris as they were known to travel very far in land. Could also of course be from the many Reewin-speaking Bantus who live with us. E-M293 is very rare among Somalis I’ve seen a few Isaaqs who carry it. Could be wrong but I think L3f1a is either the most common or the second most common mtdna among Somalis so that result is bog-standard.

Would love to know this guys subclan of Luwaay and when his family moved from Bakool to Ufurow.
According to my knowledge his sub of Luwaay is Obow Iidow.

But Bantu and Asian DNA is very common amongst all southern somalis, regardless of tribe. Usually due to the close proximity we live to the Bantu and banaadiri clans.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
According to my knowledge his sub of Luwaay is Obow Iidow.

But Bantu and Asian DNA is very common amongst all southern somalis, regardless of tribe. Usually due to the close proximity we live to the Bantu and banaadiri clans.
In correct. There are plenty 100% Somalis samples in the South. Though this clan does tend to have more outliers.

Seems standard Somali. Other than haplogroup and nominal admixture 1.2%. I have seen more people with recent MENA admixture that had more elevated Niger-Congo. So I don't know what people are on about. Considering the South Asian is together with the Bantu it's probably distant Cad Cad by proxy. Albeit the Bantus in Somalia sometimes have R1a lineages and or South Asian admixture. In contrast in the North you can find low levels of South Asian admixture without Bantu in outlier samples.

mohamedismail

In correct. There are plenty 100% Somalis samples in the South. Though this clan does tend to have more outliers.

Seems standard Somali. Other than haplogroup and nominal admixture 1.2%. I have seen more people with recent MENA admixture that had more elevated Niger-Congo. So I don't know what people are on about. Considering the South Asian is together with the Bantu it's probably distant Cad Cad by proxy. Albeit the Bantus in Somalia sometimes have R1a lineages and or South Asian admixture. In contrast in the North you can find low levels of South Asian admixture without Bantu in outlier samples.
When I say south I'm generally speaking about the inter riverine region. So basically starting beledweyne to Kismaayo. And statistically people from this region tend to have more admixture of Bantu south Asian or middle eastern DNA.

Trending

Latest posts