Muslimman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chat with my neighbour who is well into her 70’s, what admires me most about her is that her kids and many others whom she opened her house to (all middle aged now) as foster parents visit her all the time. Every Sunday, she puts on her best dress and heads to the cemetery to clean, put fresh flowers to the grave of her husband. One afternoon, she invited me for afternoon tea, I asked her, tell me about Alexander (her deceased husband). Her eyes light up, she became animated and all kinds of positive vibes descended on her “soul”, then she told me that she met him in a school dance when they were both 14 and got married at 18. She added, ‘he was kind who never uttered a bad word to me and nor raised his voice and was my rock’. She continued, ‘he was a fantastic dad towards his 5 children whom he supported till they finished university. He opened his home to foster children and became positive role model to many of them. He never cheated me with any other woman and showed me affection’.

Now?

How many 70 year old Somali Muslim women could remember their husbands in glowing terms?

Will these kind, peace loving and lovely couple go to “hell” and Mama Malyuun to “heaven” because she does the daily five aerobics and fasts Ramadan? If your answer is the affirmative, is it based on logic or on blind faith?

I had a chat with my neighbour who is well into her 70’s, what admires me most about her is that her kids and many others whom she opened her house to (all middle aged now) as foster parents visit her all the time. Every Sunday, she puts on her best dress and heads to the cemetery to clean, put fresh flowers to the grave of her husband. One afternoon, she invited me for afternoon tea, I asked her, tell me about Alexander (her deceased husband). Her eyes light up, she became animated and all kinds of positive vibes descended on her “soul”, then she told me that she met him in a school dance when they were both 14 and got married at 18. She added, ‘he was kind who never uttered a bad word to me and nor raised his voice and was my rock’. She continued, ‘he was a fantastic dad towards his 5 children whom he supported till they finished university. He opened his home to foster children and became positive role model to many of them. He never cheated me with any other woman and showed me affection’.

Now?

How many 70 year old Somali Muslim women could remember their husbands in glowing terms?

Will these kind, peace loving and lovely couple go to “hell” and Mama Malyuun to “heaven” because she does the daily five aerobics and fasts Ramadan? If your answer is the affirmative, is it based on logic or on blind faith?

(Sahih International)
Whoever should desire the immediate - We hasten for him from it what We will to whom We intend. Then We have made for him Hell, which he will [enter to] burn, censured and banished.

-Sura Al-Isra', Ayah 18
(Sahih International)
But whoever desires the Hereafter and exerts the effort due to it while he is a believer - it is those whose effort is ever appreciated [by Allah ].

-Sura Al-Isra', Ayah 19

(Sahih International)
To each [category] We extend - to these and to those - from the gift of your Lord. And never has the gift of your Lord been restricted.

-Sura Al-Isra', Ayah 20

(Sahih International)
Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.

-Sura Aal-E-Imran, Ayah 14

Status
Not open for further replies.