Muslim women face fine up to 8000 wearing burkas in Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Freedom of Expression doesn't apply where public safety is concerned. Just like it's not allowed for you to yell, "Fire!" or for you to wear ski masks into banks, niqabs shouldn't be allowed. Religious symbol or not.

Talking out of your arse? How you linking normal people wearing niqaab to public safety?

You're aware niqab is a piece of clothing? And can not be compared to actual provocative yelling fire you implied?

:draketf:

Talking out of your arse? How you linking normal people wearing niqaab to public safety?

You're aware niqab is a piece of clothing? And can not be compared to actual provocative yelling fire you implied?

:draketf:
You ignored the part where I mentioned ski masks. Ski masks are also a piece of clothing that only shows the eyes. I can link normal people wearing niqab to normal people wearing ski masks.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
You ignored the part where I mentioned ski masks. Ski masks are also a piece of clothing that only shows the eyes. I can link normal people wearing niqab to normal people wearing ski masks.

Well ski masks aren't getting banned. I was expecting better rebuttal. Let people wear what they want long as they don't break any laws. Isn't that the whole concept of democracy?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Well ski masks aren't getting banned. I was expecting better rebuttal. Let people wear what they want long as they don't break any laws. Is that the whole concept of democracy?

balaclava mask Are banned. What's the difference between that and the niqab?

I think questions surrounding public safety are valid and a huge concern.

Well ski masks aren't getting banned. I was expecting better rebuttal. Let people wear what they want long as they don't break any laws. Isn't that the whole concept of democracy?

Except for the fact Switzerland and France banned ski masks. Same goes for states in the US. Also, if banks don't allow you to wear ski masks, makes sense for them to ban niqabs as well.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
balaclava mask Are banned. What's the difference between that and the niqab?

I think questions surrounding public safety are valid and a huge concern.

Niqab is a symbol associated with religion, balaclava mask not so much. Besides in the states is not banned, hey I don't even like niqab but is rallies behind freedom of expression.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Niqab is a symbol associated with religion, balaclava mask not so much. Besides in the states is not banned, hey I don't even like niqab but is rallies behind freedom of expression.

We can discuss if it's a symbol of a religion or extremism? Niqab wasn't worn by Somali women pre war neither does it say in the Quran that we should wear it.

Except the laws shouldn't care about religious symbols or accommodate a certain religion. Doing that is just another step to giving Sharia laws some legitimacy.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Except for the fact Switzerland and France banned ski masks. Same goes for states in the US. Also, if banks don't allow you to wear ski masks, makes sense for them to ban niqabs as well.

Ski masks are protected under the laws of the states. Besides I see no correlation between ski masks and religious associated symbol, my friend you really make no sense.

Ski masks are protected under the laws of the states. Besides I see no correlation between ski masks and religious associated symbol, my friend you really make no sense.

"North Carolina has a statewide ban on anyone wearing face masks in public property (North Caroline General Statutes, Chapter 14: Criminal Law, Article 4A (Prohibited Secret Societies and Activities), section 14-12.14"

That's not a good excuse. Laws should not care about religion or any of its symbols. Secular state over a religious state.
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-12.14.html

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
We can discuss if it's a symbol of a religion or extremism? Niqab wasn't worn by Somali women pre war neither does it say in the Quran that we should wear it.

Right wearing niqab is religious pillar but religious symbol, learn the difference. Besides look at the bigger picture, individual freedom, if Somali women wear niqab on their own choices so? Be it.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Right wearing niqab is religious pillar but religious symbol, learn the difference. Besides look at the bigger picture, individual freedom, if Somali women wear niqab on their own choices so? Be it.

Niqab is a security concern. Terrorist have worn it to escape being captured.

It's misgony sexist and abusive.

It hinders women from integrating and working

and most of all has nothing to do with Islam.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
"North Carolina has a statewide ban on anyone wearing face masks in public property (North Caroline General Statutes, Chapter 14: Criminal Law, Article 4A (Prohibited Secret Societies and Activities), section 14-12.14"

That's not a good excuse. Laws should not care about religion or any of its symbols. Secular state over a religious state.

But secular laws do actually care about religion. Hence freedom of religion. You're mixing the concept of separating church and state, government level with individual
freedom. LOL

Plus first amendment guarantee the free to wear ski masks, does that mean North Carolina is breaking constitutional right?

But secular laws do actually care about religion. Hence freedom of religion. You're mixing the concept of separatingredients church and state, government level with individual freedom. LOL

Except banning niqabs don't restrict your right to practice religion. Nowhere in Islam is the niqab required. I think you're finally catching up and understanding it now.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Niqab is a security concern. Terrorist have worn it to escape being captured.

It's misgony sexist and abusive.

It hinders women from integrating and working

and most of all has nothing to do with Islam.

Still you're confusing the term religious symbol and religious obligation. LOL

Lmaoo terrorist have worn jeans and tea shirt. Does that mean we should ban jeans and tea shirt? What a weak argument. :ftw9nwa:

Still you're confusing the term religious symbol and religious obligation. LOL

Lmaoo terrorist have worn jeans and tea shirt. Does that mean we should ban jeans and tea shirt? What weak argument. :ftw9nwa:

No, but terrorists have worn niqabs since they are effective in helping them carry out attacks, and prevent law enforcements from doing their job effectively. That's a strong argument to ban niqabs.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Except banning niqabs don't restrict your right to practice religion. Nowhere in Islam is the niqab required. I think you're finally catching up and understanding it now.

LOL No You're tossing the freedom of expression that comes with niqab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending