BREAKING NEWS Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Pan-Somali projects like the Dervishes and the Somali Republic were always short lived (20-30 years) and ended in corruption and infamy.

That’s the most common political cycle around the world. Not unique to us.

Somalilanders were very excited to join the union with Somalia but quickly realized their mistake and have been trying to reverse the decision ever since. There was a coup involving junior officers in 1961 including ones from Boroma and Las Anod.

Why do you leave out the fact that the 1961 insurrection by a group of junior Northern officers was squashed by a group of senior officers also with Northern origins? Not a single town supported them in the North, they had no manifesto, no major politician or party from the North backed them, and they weren’t even a secessionist group nor did they want to ‘restore Somaliland’. That is all Wikipedia historical revisionism as these junior officers believed they were acting with the full support of General Daud to put more power in the North in the hands of Northerners, not leave the Union.

Somaliland officers were part of Western Somali Liberation Front until it was used to suppress Somaliland population. Somaliland Officers from WSLF formed the core of the SNM.

Again the 1982 border war was aimed at the South to remove Barre from power and by this stage the SNM had formed with the same objective.

Hargeisa might have faced some attacks as part of the Ogaden war but they were eclipsed by the destruction of 1988-1989 that the Somali governement inflicted.

Pan Somali projects are anomaly in Somali history and always end badly. Right now it only exists in a legal form. Maybe another will come along in the future but we will see.

You are shifting the goal posts, we are discussing the North’s long history of warfare, political mobilisation, and being a Somali cultural bulwark against Ethiopia. You pretended that the Northerners didn’t share this heritage with the rest of Somalia, when the North was actually one of the important staging grounds for the Futuh al-Habash and the centuries of warfare prior to that. The monarchs, the generals, the cities, the armies were all raised from that landmass to make sure Ethiopia would not succeed in annexing even an inch.

Plane originating from Djibouti denied it’s landing after refusing to disclose their cargo. 🇩🇯 Not sure if they’re our allies or not, I heard rumours that they want to split awdal with Ethiopia

would be crazy to see a coup happen right now and take control of everything.. wouldnt make sense looking at how somalia is divided into million parts
1705860552331.png

Da f*ck, no we don't share shit with those mother fuckers.. They belong under my shoe :pacspit:
It's facts. You seem misinformed or being blindly nationalistic. Ask any somali ethiopian that live close to the borders. Some of the border clans feel closer to these ethnics than they do with some other somalis for example.

It's facts. You seem misinformed or being blindly nationalistic. Ask any somali ethiopian that live close to the borders. Some of the border clans feel closer to these ethnics than they do with some other somalis for example.
I'm not misinformed, in fact I'm more awakened than ever, also I don't consider any somali who feels closer to Ethiopia than his people and homeland as brother, most probably a bastard or a traitor, as for the Ogaden region, that piece of land belongs to Somaliweyn and it's our ultimate ambition to free it from the Ethiopian occupation..

Trending

Latest posts