Most liberal and secular Somali diaspora community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Why not be yourself tho, bruh there's no need to fit into all this 'liberal', 'secular' bullshit.

7DN624B.gif

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
UK Somalis hate each other and discriminate each other due to skin tone
Tas waa xayawaanimo, no wonder they have so much isnacayb and arab bootyclappery. They about us being SJW at the very least we have dhiig and wadanimo, xaarkeena Twitter mana soo dhigin for everyone too see like our North American counterparts either, put some respek on our name.
:pacspit::ufdup:

Tas waa xayawaanimo, no wonder they have so much isnacayb and arab bootyclappery. They about us being SJW at the very least we have dhiig and wadanimo, xaarkeena Twitter mana soo dhigin for everyone too see like our North American counterparts either, put some respek on our name.
:pacspit::ufdup:

They're a shameless people

I'll be in their environment in a few weeks. They are very Salafi. Strangers grab you from the street to go to the mosque. It's like Raqqah

Canadian Somalis are nothing like AJ. In fact, very few Somalis are. I am obviously liberal because why would a dark skinned Muslim be conservative in a white majority country? However, you need to sit down with this secular nonsense. Somalis go to the Taraweeh prayers more than any other ethnic group. It's like Little Somalia every night.

If you want to be gaal, AJ, be gaal. But please keep this gaalnimo to yourself. I don't know why you want to convert people to your gaalnimo so much. Are you expecting the gaal god to reward you or something?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Secularism doesn't mean you're dropping your religion, though. It literally just means keeping religious aspirations outside of government. Making sure your national decisions are being done from multiple perspectives. Yeah, you can't completely eliminate your religion from your views (because they subconsciously affect you to some degree), but when you decide to champion secular views, you're just saying "hey, i realize i'm not the only person in this country, and other people shouldn't have to bow down to my ideological makeup. we share this place, let's make decisions together and try not to use our inherent beliefs to bully others into following us".

So in that sense, nah. AJ's gotta keep talking, because a shit ton of minority groups haven't quite gotten that message. Secularism shouldn't be viewed as gaalinimo. At least not in this day and age. It's the best way to go about doing things when you're not a hegemonic society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending