Moryaanimo on full display. Senior advisor to hamze barre, Sera Gaid, gets FIRED for owning minister of petroleum

@MaakhirMayor whether it’s a slap on the wrist or a death sentence, getting punished for exercising a fundamental human right is dictatorial in practice.
Civil servants have been fired regularly for expressing their political opinions. In US civil servants have limited free speech, although more than most countries. Where were you during early Trump years? Thousands got sacked.

In some US states, civil servants aren't even allowed to boycott Israel.

In india civil servants can't express any political opinions publicly. Nor work in any editorial position.

If you work for the country, keep your political opinions to yourself.
Do you see anything malicious in what she said. What this just shows is that FGS is deeply affected by IC commending the government but placing importance on PL. They jump at the opportunity to punish and submit when they can’t. Pathetic. If they can’t even take honest criticism from one of our best civil servants (this woman is more useful than Abdirizak Mohamed), then how do you expect them to come to terms with 1m1v public opinion if they don’t like the result. These emotional babies in suits will bomb the whole country.

50 or so people can’t silence Somalis, even going in line of that thought speaks to delusion. MSB found out the hard way

Hassan needs a cabinet reshuffle. These guys make him look bad and he’s just rewarding most of them for their service during badbado qaran, they’ve collected their check, now they can leave. Hassan has a deep tol he can put in these positions, I’m sure there is qualified men and women in there. Right now it’s “duunida la heeshis ah marka laga Reebo Somali”

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
@MaakhirMayor whether it’s a slap on the wrist or a death sentence, getting punished for exercising a fundamental human right is dictatorial in practice.

Do you see anything malicious in what she said. What this just shows is that FGS is deeply affected by IC commending the government but placing importance on PL. They jump at the opportunity to punish and submit when they can’t. Pathetic. If they can’t even take honest criticism from one of our best civil servants (this woman is more useful than Abdirizak Mohamed), then how do you expect them to come to terms with 1m1v public opinion if they don’t like the result. These emotional babies in suits will bomb the whole country.

50 or so people can’t silence Somalis, even going in line of that thought speaks to delusion. MSB found out the hard way
I'm not familiar with her work, if she was a valuable asset a suspension would have sufficed. But there should be consequences for reckless actions. I firmly believe that a law similar to India should be passed, one that leaves no room for grey areas.

Civil servants are our permanent government and shouldn't be partisan. Personal integrity plays major part in sensitive position like security. I don't support sacking her, suspension would've been the right approach.

It doesn’t matter, she’s an employee and her job is to do what her employer tells her to do. If she doesn’t like what her boss is doing she should quit. Expecting to keep your job after publicly criticizing your employer in such an unprofessional manner is foolish

Also her human rights weren’t violated lol, getting fired isn’t against the Genova Convention or anything like that

:mjlol:

Reborn
What she said is hardly any worse than what UN said regarding the constitution. What she said is even more tame. If ilhan tomorrow criticizes Biden, Biden can’t do shit about it except support a New Democrat for Minnesota. US isn’t a dictatorship like Somalia currently is.

If there is freedom of speech that’s final. There’s no such thing as freedom of speech but not against the government unless it’s NK or any other countries of that ilk.

This really shows how weak and insecure this government is. They will NOT be doing a credible 1m1v if they think like this.

Ilhan is a politician elected by people and not a Civil Servant those are two different things.

Civil Servants are supposed to be impartial at all times irrespective of government policies.

She's entitled to her speech but it doesn't mean she can keep her job for breaking code of conduct which is clear.

Ilhan is a politician elected by people and not a Civil Servant those are two different things.

Civil Servants are supposed to be impartial at all times irrespective of government policies.

She's entitled to her speech but it doesn't mean she can keep her job for breaking code of conduct which is clear.

if she was voted in she’d have some immunity. So I see your point, but It’s irritating when someone who is of little value to the government can get someone else fired who’s qualified in making reforms to the country by the EU. It’s not just “a loss for opposition” it sucks for all of Somalia.

@Gemstone This woman’s job was “To strengthen security and justice institutions as well as civilian oversight bodies to meet the expectations of, and address concrete problems experienced by, citizens”, and she was fired before the SJAGP (social and justice governance and accountability) end date of 2026. If we had 1m1v she’d play a big part, she’s also made many SNA improvements as senior advisor to current PM and the one before her. An indispensable asset!!!!!!

I was talking about universal declaration of human rights made by UN. Xalane would feel some way about this, but they’d keep it moving, not their first rodeo. @MaakhirMayor

Last edited:
People should stop trying to politize every issue to get a jab at the govermnt.

This woman was a civil servant and thus not elected. She could have dealt with it privately or resigned but instead went publicly with it and violated the code of conduct .

She was not jailed nor arrested simply relieved of her duty. Which is expected if you publicly critize your employer.

Stop the hysteria and fake outrage.

People should stop trying to politize every issue to get a jab at the govermnt.

This woman was a civil servant and thus not elected. She could have dealt with it privately or resigned but instead went publicly with it and violated the code of conduct .

She was not jailed nor arrested simply relieved of her duty. Which is expected if you publicly critize your employer.

Stop the hysteria and fake outrage.
Call it virtue signaling if you’d like. This is the 10th+ capable person Somalia has fired, the auditor, navy commander, this woman, central bank workers, Yusuf Odawa of SNA, FA minister with no one to replace him. All these capable men and women with more I haven’t mentioned lost their post for little to no reason just for doing the government didn’t like, and replaced with trash who don’t know their job. Current minister of petroleum and navy commander don’t know shit about their post.

Everyone here is trying to put a blanket over the issue. If you and the others don’t seen an issue here, I don’t know what to tell you.

Last edited:
you know what I noticed .

These officials are always tweeting in English it’s kind of embarrassing :stressed:
Nope u dont understand wah in twiter its in english facebook its in somali.
Pple herenin aomaloa rarely use twiter its mainly for international audiance.
Also facebook is in somali .
If u use facebook its all somali no english there wah.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Tbf criticizing the administration you literally work for will get you fired anywhere in the world.

There's a lot I disagree with, but this isn't it.

if she was voted in she’d have some immunity. So I see your point, but It’s irritating when someone who is of little value to the government can get someone else fired who’s qualified in making reforms to the country by the EU. It’s not just “a loss for opposition” it sucks for all of Somalia.

@Gemstone This woman’s job was “To strengthen security and justice institutions as well as civilian oversight bodies to meet the expectations of, and address concrete problems experienced by, citizens”, and she was fired before the SJAGP (social and justice governance and accountability) end date of 2026. If we had 1m1v she’d play a big part, she’s also made many SNA improvements as senior advisor to current PM and the one before her. An indispensable asset!!!!!!

I was talking about universal declaration of human rights made by UN. Xalane would feel some way about this, but they’d keep it moving, not their first rodeo. @MaakhirMayor
Sxb she should’ve resigned from her position before she criticized the government. Expecting to keep your job after publicly criticizing the government is naive

Btw I agree with the statement she made that got her fired, but an unelected government employee would get fired in every government around the world for publicly criticizing the government. This even happens here in the US

Trending