More and more japanese women refuse marriage and kids

This is a very long article and Im just posting a snippet of it

The percentage of women who work in Japan is higher than ever, yet cultural norms have not caught up. More and more, women are rejecting the double standard.

The percentage of women who work in Japan is higher than ever, yet cultural norms have not caught up: Japanese wives and mothers are still typically expected to bear the brunt of the housework, child care and help for their aging relatives, a factor that stymies many of their careers.

Fed up with the double standard, Japanese women are increasingly opting out of marriage altogether, focusing on their work and newfound freedoms, but also alarming politicians preoccupied with trying to reverse Japan’s declining population.

As recently as the mid-1990s, only one in 20 women in Japan had never been married by the time they turned 50, according to government census figures. But by 2015, the most recent year for which statistics are available, that had changed drastically, with one in seven women remaining unmarried by that age.

And for women ages 35 to 39, the percentage was even higher: Nearly a quarter had never been married, compared with only about 10 percent two decades earlier.

The change is so striking that a growing number of businesses now cater to singles, and to single women in particular.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/world/asia/japan-single-women-marriage.html

--------------------------

I find it really sad more and more people are choosing their job over family. Its all good when you in your 20s and feel untouchable. But what happens when you in 50s and all alone? My mum has 6 kids and her friend has no kids and never married. I feel she lices a very lonely kife where she has to do everything by heself. While my mums 6 kids all adults now we all give her money while she has her own shop. If she needs anything there is always one of us there. Children are the greatest resources imo.

The_Kong Dong

Somalia First!
Who needs them :nahgirl:

Japanese men are living the dream

Real women are garbage compared to waifus :fittytousand:

waifu pillow.jpg

:rejoice:

My personal waifu is Hinata

ec5cd7b81ae7625fda8b10462b4eb4af.jpg

:ahh::banderas::diddyass::lawd::patrice::whew::wowsweat:

A job can’t fulfill you like family does smh thier gonna learn the hard way
Tell me about it. Specially when corporates has zero loyalty. A man killed himself in uk after losing his job in a supermarket where he worked for 25 years. He chased a thief and broke the protocol. Man gave 25 years to the shop and zero loyalty. Replaced just like that

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Working women have been deluded into replacing their biological fulfillment/need with their "career" which will ultimately end in their ruin.

The husband is replaced by the boss
The children are replaced by coworkers
The family is replaced by the company

The worst part is once it's all over and they've reached retirement, then and only then will they understand how much they've been tricked by the system. But by then it's already too late.

Feminism is a cruel joke

VixR

Veritas
Good for Japanese women.

This is the bottom line:
The percentage of women who work in Japan is higher than ever, yet cultural norms have not caught up. More and more, women are rejecting the double standard.

They (men) say they want family, but they don’t want to be apart of the hard work that goes into it, so the woman is left to toil alone as if she’s a single mother. The only difference being the extra resources. It’s such that rich/well-to-do divorced/single mothers with children are in the same position as a married woman with a husband. It’s a trap. Not having an involved husband is its own nightmare, and when the last heavy straw of how much she does without you hits the ground, it’s the end of the marriage.

Working women have been deluded into replacing their biological fulfillment/need with their "career" which will ultimately end in their ruin.

The husband is replaced by the boss
The children are replaced by coworkers
The family is replaced by the company

The worst part is once it's all over and they've reached retirement, then and only then will they understand how much they've been tricked by the system. But by then it's already too late.

Feminism is a cruel joke
Feminism gives women the choice to embark on a life of their own doing. Not all women want to spend their 30s wiping the shit off little children and feeding them.

Feminism is the freedom to choose your life without being forced otherwise. It's an ideal all of us should support.

Most of elderly regret alot, that doesn't mean we need to plan their life for them.

Japanese men rarely acknowledge their wives.

Japanese kids are cold and spend most of their time studying ( society's expectations) or with friends playing games.

The mum does all the work and is left alone.

If I was a Japanese woman I would be living my best life with just a BF and drop his ass when he's annoying.

Tukraq

VIP
Such a shame. Great culture and history. They just went wrong somewhere along the way, it's a dying population.
Obviously it’s not a great culture if it’s dying out in this fashion, probably the worst culture in the world socially
Japanese men rarely acknowledge their wives.

Japanese kids are cold and spend most of their time studying ( society's expectations) or with friends playing games.

The mum does all the work and is left alone.

If I was a Japanese woman I would be living my best life with just a BF and drop his ass when he's annoying.
Exactly these People come out the womb like robots lol literally no emotion, just come and do mindless unimportant hard work for no reason, almost the exact opposite of Somalis lol, pretty much worker bees like that bee movie where both men and women work all day(at the bottom of the totem pole) listen to bosses orders, go to sleep, and eventually die with no trace left on this earth or having no enjoyment

Tukraq

VIP
Feminism gives women the choice to embark on a life of their own doing. Not all women want to spend their 30s wiping the shit off little children and feeding them.

Feminism is the freedom to choose your life without being forced otherwise. It's an ideal all of us should support.

Most of elderly regret alot, that doesn't mean we need to plan their life for them.
Why would married life not be of their own doing? In most cases it’s the women who seek out the marriage, and why would the want to instead waste there thirties doing paperwork for a boss that won’t amount to anything of significance anyways? It’s not like women are particularly good in moving up the work field, by there low number of ceos there just working for another mans dream, toiling away her prime relationship years for little cash compensation that will go back to the gov when she dies anyways due to not having progeny

Obviously it’s not a great culture if it’s dying out in this fashion, probably the worst culture in the world socially
Trash ass comment.

The post-modern incel culture that's destroying them isn't Japanese culture and they didn't have this issue before.

Using ur logic Somalia's culture is being shit in everything and blowing up innocent children.

:francis:

Exactly these People come out the womb like robots lol literally no emotion, just come and do mindless unimportant hard work for no reason, almost the exact opposite of Somalis lol, pretty much worker bees like that bee movie where both men and women work all day(at the bottom of the totem pole) listen to bosses orders, go to sleep, and eventually die with no trace left on this earth or having no enjoyment

This is how they built their country. Work force. Not questionning authority. Sacrificing their lives for the nation.

When they go on strike they still work but wear an armband showing their displeasure.

I salute them. Miskin. They need to be saved. Maybe move to Somalia and help us build the country in exchange we will teach them how to enjoy life.

Why would married life not be of their own doing? In most cases it’s the women who seek out the marriage, and why would the want to instead waste there thirties doing paperwork for a boss that won’t amount to anything of significance anyways? It’s not like women are particularly good in moving up the work field, by there low number of ceos there just working for another mans dream, toiling away her prime relationship years for little cash compensation that will go back to the gov when she dies anyways due to not having progeny
Who cares why?

She doesn't care, why should you?

Maybe it's a coping mechanism to life, or she likes the feel of the environment O anything.

I don't care if anyone does anything,all I care about is that they have the right to relative freedom.You , nor I, have the authority to restrict it.