Mogadishu Can't Be The Capital. Debate

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The gains of the capital is

1. Being the city that manages the whole nation politics/economic/foreign/security/immigration duties. That's if we adopt a 'strong capital' unlike what @Bari🐍 was saying that it should have only ceremonial duties like brussels is to the EU or a split capital as @The Midlands suggested so it's not concentrated to 1 area and counters the risk of state collapse or corruption by being federally spread out not concentrated.

The negativities

1. Lose political/tribal/regional character of the location. Disempowered totally federally to ensure it's neutral to those dynamics

Any location selected must accept the 'trade' off not try to eat your cake both ways as Bari was saying.

Never gonna happen, but IF it happens then it'll be Hargeisa in whatever heshiis is ever agreed on. Only other candidate would be somewhere in Koofur Galbeed. inta kale iska sheeko xariir.

Never gonna happen, but IF it happens then it'll be Hargeisa in whatever heshiis is ever agreed on. Only other candidate would be somewhere in Koofur Galbeed. inta kale iska sheeko xariir.
i dont want the capital to ever change. too much blood has spilt for the place and now when there is 10 years of peace and reconstruction they want to change it?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
i dont want the capital to ever change. too much blood has spilt for the place and now when there is 10 years of peace and reconstruction they want to change it?

To be quite honest, untill multi-party elections and parliament sharing is settled on district lines and we move away from this horrific 4.5. Mogadishu clans should allocate 'isaaq' president/pm position under 'irir tribal' quota which won't disturb the fragile 4.5 process, on the grounds HAGS have the capital plus 'presidency/pm' is way to much. Again 'irir' is the problem always not 'darod' as many assume in the nation. Infact their ceromonial union in the 60s was done by abdillahi issa and egal, not darod yet we get the blame. Always blame darod. When in-fact the evidence shows whatever darod touches turns to GOLD.

We created ethio-eritrea by hosting meles in hamar. We created Djibouti who enjoyed colonialism till 77. We left behind the infrastructure-human capital for all clans. Post 2004 we reesurrected the federal govt in hamar which ur just bragging about NOW. But no no no darod is evil is just garbage. What the hell is your irir resume? I argue if we look at FACT N DATA, we will see darod is the best for somalia and geniuses and leave behind positivity nation wide. It's time to put darod into power and let the hordes play a hotu role

To be quite honest, untill multi-party elections and parliament sharing is settled on district lines and we move away from this horrific 4.5. Mogadishu clans should allocate 'isaaq' president/pm position under 'irir tribal' quota which won't disturb the fragile 4.5 process, on the grounds HAGS have the capital plus 'presidency/pm' is way to much. Again 'irir' is the problem always not 'darod' as many assume in the nation. Infact their ceromonial union in the 60s was done by abdillahi issa and egal, not darod yet we get the blame. Always blame darod. When in-fact the evidence shows whatever darod touches turns to GOLD.

We created ethio-eritrea by hosting meles in hamar. We created Djibouti who enjoyed colonialism till 77. We left behind the infrastructure-human capital for all clans. But no no no darod is evil is just garbage. What the hell is your irir resume?
i accept investment in Mogadihsu by all Somali clans. We ultimately benefit from all the money being poured into the city but what i don't accept is things like MOD where certain clans take advantage of the patience of the natives. But i doubt we will ever see that again. Badbaado qaran is a example of that

bidenkulaha

GalYare
This is a topic every other week. Eventually Mogadishu will move to 1m1v so even if you’re against ‘clan politics’ this is no excuse. It will have representation in FGS and it will get control of its own finances and be treated like a state in the long run.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
Bardheere, if the flooding is fixed, it is inland, located near a strategic waterway which can be navigable downstream and upstream. It can be used for a multitude of projects for example invest in Mogadishu Port can be rerouted to Bardheere dam and irrigation could turn it into agricultural powerhouse.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Galkacyo or hargeisa will actually still be somali cities in 100 yrs versus anything south of hoobyo

The gains of the capital is

1. Being the city that manages the whole nation politics/economic/foreign/security/immigration duties. That's if we adopt a 'strong capital' unlike what @Bari🐍 was saying that it should have only ceremonial duties like brussels is to the EU or a split capital as @The Midlands suggested so it's not concentrated to 1 area and counters the risk of state collapse or corruption by being federally spread out not concentrated.

The negativities

1. Lose political/tribal/regional character of the location. Disempowered totally federally to ensure it's neutral to those dynamics

Any location selected must accept the 'trade' off not try to eat your cake both ways as Bari was saying.
War niyahow, your capital is in Garowe. Xamar is the seat of the federal government and that is all. By the mercy of the almighty we will only meet once in three months to drink shaax in the NCC meetings.

Horta @DR OSMAN you have never visited Garowe but you have spent months in Xamar. Im starting to feel there are other reasons for your constant advocacy for change in the status quo.

By dastuur, xamar its not capital.
you think a provisional dastuur means shit? moagdishu is treated like its the capital and that's all that matter. I could bet a leg that even in the final constitution the capital will change. Intaa aa isku imaheena when it does:mjlaugh:

Last edited:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
We need to move to confederalism. I don't care about moving the capital as long as we move to confederalism.My capital is Garowe anyways.

We need the states to govern 95% of their affairs. Only foreign affairs, justice and defense should be between us and we can all fund those two-three federal posts. The states keep their taxes and any future resources whether sea or inland they keep it outside chipping in on the 3 federal ministries. Abolish, both houses, outdated positions like police chief, Aslubta and all other unnecessary positions. We need a ceremonial federal government.