Mogadishu Can't Be The Capital. Debate

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's true we fought over clan n power. That was the dynamics of our war. Any system not addressing that must be thrown out.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
A capital must not have the following traits.

1. Political
2. Tribal
3. Regional

If it's a region with same regional characteristics, this means all regions can be capital, plus somalis dont live in 1 region so it won't represent them.

If it's tribal, well Somalis are not 1 tribe, so it won't represesnt them as a whole.

If it's political, it won't be seen as neutral territory for parties or politicians as it will be apart of the 'political' competition.

If Mogadishu can find a neutral status that doesn't violate those principles, I am willing to listen. If it can't, then mogadishu cannot be a capital of somalia as far as I am concerned.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The best thing for Mogadishu is to get no representation either district parliament or regional house. This will address the neutral factor it must play on regionalism and district politics.

It can have it's own local government though. The 'tribal' make up must be addressed tho.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Garowe-Baydhabo-Dhusomareeb-Buale-Hargeisa-Las anod are out of the question for capital as their regional capitals and can't be regional/federal capitals at the same time. Plus the coastal trade capitals of different region are out of the question as their important to regions.

The federal capital rules apply to all or else it's not a rule and loses legitimacy. Im not arguing for 1 rule for hamar another rule for others. The federal capital rule applies to any location selected, they will not be allowed to have regional/tribal/political character and must serve as a neutral location where it cannot be corrupted along those lines.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I believe Sanaag has the best qualities for capital. It's a mixed region ensuring their is check n balance. It's a 'borderland' region of PL/SL and not enjoying as much development as it could. It's got not real role in PL/SL.

Galkacyo is to important for PL in terms of in-land trade and with Garacad port to DDS, it will be more important to sacrifice for federal capital. Same with Kismayo is critical to JL so they won't relinguish it for federal capital and Buale is already regional capital so it's disqualified from federal capital.

Burco is to important to SL also. So Reer Sanaag is the best location for Capital. We also need an in-land federal capital following PL/JL spirt. Why? coastal capitals can be levelled from the sea and easy access.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Ideally split the capital duties and select different state organs for different areas.

1. Federal police goes to 1 region
2. Federal army 1 region
3. Parliament lower house goes to 1 region
4. Parliament upper house to another region
5. The Courts another region
6. The executive remains in the capital.
7. The Central Bank another region

The benefit to this is 'spreading' out the risk of state collapse centrally located in 1 area. Limiting the corruption, becuz it's spread out. @The Midlands prefers to this model

Ideally split the capital duties and select different state organs for different areas.

1. Federal police goes to 1 region
2. Federal army 1 region
3. Parliament lower house goes to 1 region
4. Parliament upper house to another region
5. The Courts another region
6. The executive remains in the capital.
7. The Central Bank another region

The benefit to this is 'spreading' out the risk of state collapse centrally located in 1 area. Limiting the corruption, becuz it's spread out. @The Midlands prefers to this model
The upper and lower house plus the executive branch should all be in one city.

I don't even care if Xamar is capital, in a loosely confederated federal system like the one we should be building for the federal capital shouldn't even matter. The presidency should be like a mayorship. Once Al-S is done the army should be dissolved into the state forces. Power needs to be removed from Xamar instead of moving the capital.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I don't even care if Xamar is capital, in a loosely confederated federal system like the one we should be building for the federal capital shouldn't even matter. The presidency should be like a mayorship. Once Al-S is done the army should be dissolved into the state forces. Power needs to be removed from Xamar instead of moving the capital.

So you suggesting it plays a ceremonial role like brussels is to the EU with no real power vs tribal/political/regional role?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Bari🐍 I would suggest u do care about hamar status becuz it's USING YOUR Somali NAME and trying to turn it into political/tribal/regional business of HAG. I don't get involved in GM/HS affairs as it's not claiming my name.

@Bari🐍 I would suggest u do care about hamar status becuz it's USING YOUR Somali NAME and trying to turn it into political/tribal/regional shirkad of HAG. I don't get involved in GM/HS affairs as it's not claiming my name.
That's the problem with the unukah leh people. They want to eat their cake and have it too. There's a reason why Siad shipped geeljire from all over the country into the city. If it's to be a capital the demographics should represent all Somalis. If it can't be moved, then migration to it can be promoted. Or we can have multiple capitals.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yes exactly. I don't think Somalia is ready to function as a unified country yet. Stability is most important right now.

Let hamar surrender our name Somali and join HS, I would care less then. But if it's claiming my name and saying it's the GOVT of Somalis as a WHOLE and capital, im an equal stakeholder about it's future.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Bari🐍 Im aware what HAG means, that it's their land, but what they need to know is the land is claiming to 'represent' all somalis politically and eats under our NAME. All that govt investment put into hamar was done under Somali name not HAG. If their so interested in HAG, all they need to say is 'we r the capital of HS', now they relinquished our Somali name bro and no-one will bother them again.

Arey Eebow magaceena noo daa orod hirshabelle ku biira hadad tolka rabtan. Wixi hamar magac somaliyeed lagu maal geliyey waxanu ka rabna sanad walbo inaad 'lacagtasi' soo celisan oo somali sovereign fund la geliyo. Plus we demand all private properties returned to owner plus compensation for 30 year inflation adjusted 'rental incomes' missing from them.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Bari🐍 hamar waxaa saran masuliyad qaran not masuliyad beel-gobol-ama siyasad. The capital city shoulders great national responsibility, it can't and will not be corrupted by tribe-regionalism or politics should be the PL position of Mogadishu status.

@Bari🐍 hamar waxaa saran masuliyad qaran not masuliyad beel-gobol-ama siyasad. The capital city shoulders great national responsibility, it can't and will not be corrupted by tribe-regionalism or politics should be the PL position of Mogadishu status.
Agreed, if you claim to represent the country then there is a greater level of responsibility.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Agreed, if you claim to represent the country then there is a greater level of responsibility.

I try to reason with HAGS but most are unreasonable. I tell them u represent all Somalis across clan-region-political line, they must know their responsibility is far different to regional areas.

Imagine the capital started supporting politicians and arresting others or parties in the future? or it started saying we represent a tribe not all tribes? or god forbid a 'region' and not 'all regions'. It would lose national confidence and lead to another state collapse.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Maybe Gedo/Sanaag can take the capital also. The reason I say this is their both borderland for PL/JL and not much loss but great 'gains' for @Tropical Breeze @TekNiKo folks. It's also in-land and not on a coastal location which has it's risk. Sanaag has an 'edge' on diversity to ensure clan-balance tho.

SW won't surrender baydhabo or it's future coastal trade capital. Same with HS/GM it can't surrender it's political capital and coastal trade capitals.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Maybe Las anod can serve as a Federal capital also, this would settle PL/SL issues and allow Sool to be deemed federal capital territory.

Trending

Latest posts