VIP
Being built by Turkish construction firm;
Mimar/Architect İnşaat/Construction- Doğu Afrika /East Africa

Ega5EJUWAAE0ELY

Ega5EJzX0AEhU3L

Ega5EJxWAAANKGv

EPTV_9yWkAAdkfB

Last edited:
Instead of fancy stadiums and buildings for photo opps that the average Xamar native won’t have access to I’d prefer for a federalized education system so the next generation may develop the country it worked for Singapore :nvjpqts:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Wonder what their cost per sq ft was. Anything more than $100/sq ft would make it unaffordable for most people in Xamar... Especially with the lack of decent financing.

That construction style is called column beam and slab. Its fucking simple as f*ck. The only thing hard about it is the plumbing and electricals. Why are turkish companies getting the contract? Many somali companies have done this over and over again building hotels and shit. They should be awarded the contract.

maxresdefault.jpg

Big thing in the middle with holes is an elevator shaft.
The column(vertical) is a poured concrete with rebar(steel) in it. The beam(horizontal) is the same thing but with temporary plywood underneath it until the concrete becomes hard. The slab(floor) has steel running across everywhere like in the picture below. They'll put big plywoods underneath them and a metal to hold them in place pour the concrete and leave it there until it hardens. There you have a floor you could even make your roof a walkable floor. for the rest they use glass windows like a skyscraper or concrete blocks to fill them in done. They did that in the first photo of this thread.

EPTV_91WAAEYlnC

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Instead of fancy stadiums and buildings for photo opps that the average Xamar native won’t have access to I’d prefer for a federalized education system so the next generation may develop the country it worked for Singapore :nvjpqts:

What does a private Somali Diaspora real estate investor have to do with National Education? :damedamn:

Its right next to my cousins house, might encourage him to sell his plot and buy few apartments in these new buildings but not sure if its smart decision.
:kanyehmm:

That construction style is called column beam and slab. Its fucking simple as f*ck. The only thing hard about it is the plumbing and electricals. Why are turkish companies getting the contract? Many somali companies have done this over and over again building hotels and shit. They should be awarded the contract.

maxresdefault.jpg

Big thing in the middle with holes is an elevator shaft.
The column(vertical) is a poured concrete with rebar(steel) in it. The beam(horizontal) is the same thing but with temporary plywood underneath it until the concrete becomes hard. The slab(floor) has steel running across everywhere like in the picture below. They'll put big plywoods underneath them and a metal to hold them in place pour the concrete and leave it there until it hardens. There you have a floor you could even make your roof a walkable floor. for the rest they use glass windows like a skyscraper or concrete blocks to fill them in done. They did that in the first photo of this thread.

EPTV_91WAAEYlnC

It honestly doesn't look any different to the other apartments built in the city, or across other cities.

If you look closely you can see they used concrete blocks for the walls not in situ concrete. They only have beams across the windows and doors (window lintels?). It really does look like every other multi storey building in Somalia.

It honestly doesn't look any different to the other apartments built in the city, or across other cities.

If you look closely you can see they used concrete blocks for the walls not in situ concrete. They only have beams across the windows and doors (window lintels?). It really does look like every other multi storey building in Somalia.
Exactly my point. Somalis obsessed over anything foreign pisses me off. Our own people have done this shit multiple times but somehow a foreign person doing it makes it stronger and more durable LOL.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Its comin together :wow:

EhJPKsnXkAIiXLd

EPTV_9yWkAAdkfB

Talk is cheap, post all the other Apartment towers that look like this in Somalia.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
@kickz you claim to hail from Puntland and I've never seen you posting development threads about Puntland. It's odd.

Trending