Mixed Somali DNA testing

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Hospitable, kulaha. I'm not a guest. I am the Somali model man, put a statue of me in a museum for a cultural and anthropology lesson.

That music resonates with Shimbiris, not me.:damn:
Gravestone: Here lies Homosomalensis Alchemistis.

Imma bring raw meat to your funeral and gift your ilmo a shotel.

Well the Northerners can sit down. Saudi Arabia's economy is dominated by Southern Yemenis just look up Mohammed bin Laden.
The Southern Yemenis are more entrepreneurial considering their trading history. Another Hadhrami Khalid Bin Mahfouz was the personal banker of the Al Saud and his family are worth billions. Came across the Mahfouz clan as his Yemeni/Saudi clan cousins tested on FTDNA belong to the same T-Y16897 lineage.

Off topic, where did the myth that you guys are of South Asian origin come from?

I was about to say? So you warsengali?:ufdup:
Nope, we are a stand alone clan. We are aligned with daarood and had a policy of marrying harti women only for centuries. We also pay blood money when $hit gets real and chip in times of drought. Therefore, we are 100% daarood autosomal wise.

A lot of us favor Somaliland over Xamar because we might endup as 0.5 there while we had the ministry of defense for ourselves for years in SL.:silanyosmile:

:stressed: @The alchemist if this was 77 who would you side with?

I'm questioning @Shimbiris works with Ops. His bleeding heart for that Rasta flag betrays him.
A serious answer. I will never risk my life in a replayed fight in a disastrous war destined to lose. It is my side, but it is foolhardy to make a play against the inevitable staking life.

This question is crazy. Now I'm convinced you hate me or something placing me in that dilemma of a test.:patrice:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
:stressed: @The alchemist if this was 77 who would you side with?

I'm questioning @Shimbiris works with Ops. His bleeding heart for that Rasta flag betrays him.

Yes, I'm currently working on 3 new posts (2,500 words+) on Somali seafaring over in my Sewn boats thread because I am a Xabashi plant. Wallahi, if I was I'd recommend I be interned. This level of obsession, for a non-Somali, with Somali history, linguistics, culture and genetics borders on insanity even for someone belonging to a closely related people.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
Nope, we are a stand alone clan. We are aligned with daarood and had a policy of marrying harti women only for centuries. We also pay blood money when $hit gets real and chip in times of drought. Therefore, we are 100% daarood autosomal wise.

A lot of us favor Somaliland over Xamar because we might endup as 0.5 there while we had the ministry of defense for ourselves for years in SL.:silanyosmile:
Oh you dhulbahante?

Yes, there is older T-L208 in the Horn. It's found in pretty much every Cushitic and Ethiosemitic Horner group (check page 1) which is why we used to assume in the anthro community like 10-15 years ago that Somalis' T-L208 was very ancient and probably owed to our older pulse of MENA ancestry in the Horn. But yeah, the stuff in the north seems to be ancient Arabian and may have something to do with the spread of camel domestication and asiatic admixture in local livestock like zebu cattle admixture. The Somali word for camel is an OSA loanword by the looks of it so pre-Islamic Yemenis had a strong cultural impact on us the same way Islamic period ones did in spreading Islam, architectural influences, the Arabic script and so on.

But I'm still very much of the opinion that this is intra-Horn admixture. The models showing how it looks identical to what's in Xabashis AND how it immediately disappears the moment you introduce any highland Ethiopian group more admixed than us along with the utter lack of uniparental Arabian influences save for T-L208 should speak for itself.

That is something i don't particularly understand though. Some argue there was a seperate camel domestication in the Horn, from translocated wild camels from Arabia into the Horn

Whats your thoughts on this? Do you think it's plausible?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes, I'm currently working on 3 new posts (2,500 words+) on Somali seafaring over in my Sewn boats thread because I am a Xabashi plant. Wallahi, if I was I'd recommend I be interned. This level of obsession, for a non-Somali, with Somali history, linguistics, culture and genetics borders on insanity even for someone belonging to a closely related people.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
I think you're on a reconnaissance mission like that Israeli spy in Iran who did her homework posing as a revert. :lol:

A serious answer. I will never risk my life in a replayed fight in a disastrous war destined to lose. It is my side, but it is foolhardy to make a play against the inevitable staking life.

This question is crazy. Now I'm convinced you hate me or something placing me in that dilemma of a test.:patrice:
:sass2:Lightweight. Even in make-believe, my loyalties are real to kith, to kin, to country. You could have just acted like 77 was a choose your own adventure game with alternate endings/trajectories. Have you not played Assassin's Creed? :mjlol:

:sass2:Lightweight. Even in make-believe, my loyalties are real to kith, to kin, to country. You could have just acted like 77 was a choose your own adventure game with alternate endings/trajectories. Have you not played Assassin's Creed? :mjlol:
Now that would be too juvenile. Historical "what ifs" is my pet peeve. Let's size this up to political differences/POV and not loyalty framing and leave it at that.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I think you're on a reconnaissance mission like that Israeli spy in Iran who did her homework posing as a revert. :lol:

You got me. I am ethnic Somali, though. You see, my aabo and hooyo abandoned me in the back streets of Xamar many years ago where I was encountered by an Ethiopian intelligence agent working under Meles Zenawi back when he was chilling in Xamar and they took me in, taught me Af-Axmaar and renamed me Tesfaye Hailemariam. They taught me all kinds of cool 007 shit and tasked me with thoroughly studying my people's ways so that I might rise within their ranks and into public office or their own intelligence agencies someday and be a useful asset for the Zenawi regime. Flash forward many years later and adeer Zenawi has passed, I am not a fan of this Ahmed character and I... I couldn't quit the mission, abaayo. I'm soldiering on and writing daily reports on our people to basically no one. It all just goes into a drawer in my personal office. A man needs a purpose.

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You got me. I am ethnic Somali, though. You see, my aabo and hooyo abandoned me in the back streets of Xamar many years ago where I was encountered by an Ethiopian intelligence agent working under Meles Zenawi back when he was chilling in Xamar and they took me in, taught me Af-Axmaar and renamed me Tesfaye Hailemariam. They taught me all kinds of cool 007 shit and tasked me with thoroughly studying my people's ways so that I might rise within their ranks and into public office or their own intelligence agencies someday and be a useful asset for the Zenawi regime. Flash forward many years later and adeer Zenawi has passed, I am not a fan of this Ahmed character and I... I couldn't quit the mission, abaayo. I'm soldiering on and writing daily reports on our people to basically no one. It all just goes into a drawer in my personal office. A man needs a purpose.

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I appreciate the colourful narrative but what 007 tricks? They lack the infrastructure for cool gadgets. You lost me there. Consider a career pivot into creative writing. Riveting tale. Harness your gifts waryaa!

Off topic but, I ordered 23andMe a month ago but I’m thinking of getting a refund, this shit is awful, I sent my kit back on February 11th and they still haven’t received it, is it supposed to take months for those from the UK?

I only went with 23andMe because of you guys but I feel like I should’ve gone with Ancestry, they at least don’t take forever 🙄

Off topic but, I ordered 23andMe a month ago but I’m thinking of getting a refund, this shit is awful, I sent my kit back on February 11th and they still haven’t received it, is it supposed to take months for those from the UK?

I only went with 23andMe because of you guys but I feel like I should’ve gone with Ancestry, they at least don’t take forever 🙄
23andme is much better than ancestry. Just be patient. It normally takes months. 23andme should give you your maternal and paternal haplogroups, also your ancestry break downs.

Trending