Misconceptions about Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans went and purchased slaves. Thats haram. Americans tortured them and raped them, also haram. Americans treated them like dogs. I don't condone any of that shit. We're talking about alternatives. Do you know any that I havent mentioned?
Nonsense. How you got to that situation might be different, but the justification is exactly the same. You killed all the men in that society, and as a result ended up with owning slaves. They bought slaves. Now if they said 'oh they're so far away from home they're gonna die if don't enslave them', would you buy that justification? Yours is exactly the same because you're saying 'oh they're gonna die if we don't enslave them because we killed all their husbands/fathers'.

Nonsense. How you got to that situation might be different, but the justification is exactly the same. You killed all the men in that society, and as a result ended up with owning slaves. They bought slaves. Now if they said 'oh they're so far away from home they're gonna die if don't enslave them', would you buy that justification? Yours is exactly the same because you're saying 'oh they're gonna die if we don't enslave them because we killed all their husbands/fathers'.

The Africans were prisoners of war, but then sold by their African captors to whites.

You don't understand. They're not opposed to or concerned with slavery...at all, rather "treatment...of slaves" :icon lol:
:icon lol: I thought they might be emotionally blinded in defence of their religion, so that's why I used that analogy.

I didn't expect them to be nonchalant about slavery in general! Wow! I don't even know what to think now. :icon lol::icon lol:

:icon lol: I thought they might be emotionally blinded in defence of their religion, so that's why I used that analogy.

I didn't expect them to be nonchalant about slavery in general! Wow! I don't even know what to think now. :icon lol::icon lol:
Y'll need to be pragmatic and look at things objectively:

* In a war there's bloodshed on either side.

* If prisoners of war are captured by the victorious side due to the threat they pose, then that's a reasonable justification. These things naturally happen during a war.

The problem with the word "slavery" is, it has some sort of negative connotation to it: it instantly reminds you of the way Europeans treated their slaves.

Unlike slaves in Muslim societies who were treated well, contributors to the economy, held authoritative positions, etc., Europeans ostracized their slaves, mistreated them and so on.

Also, the gradual emancipation of slaves is actually something that is institutionalized in Islam (I've given the example of expiation for sins, virtues of freeing slaves, etc), this was something unheard of prior to Islam.
:manny:

Edit: I think we should agree to disagree. You can reject that these things happen during a war, you'll only be deluding yourself. They have, and will always happen.

Last edited:

That's why i stopped right in my tracks, i thought you caught on lol savages gonn savage :ivers:

Y'll need to be pragmatic and look at things objectively:
If you were going to be objective about this, you would call spade a spade and see slavery as slavery. Now you're saying that Europeans gave slavery a bad name. I mean, really come on! Slavery is by definition an abhorrent act! There are no exceptions. For you guys to come here and try to say it that it's 'necessary' or words amounting to that is just mind-boggling.

If you were going to be objective about this, you would call spade a spade and see slavery as slavery. Now you're saying that Europeans gave slavery a bad name. I mean, really come on! Slavery is by definition an abhorrent act! There are no exceptions. For you guys to come here and try to say it that it's 'necessary' or words amounting to that is just mind boggling.
Child labour (with harsh working conditions) is not the same as being the CEO of Apple, both are employment.

Let me rephrase that. Think of the shittiest possible job. Being the CEO of Apple > that job, though both are employment nonetheless.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Shit now you triggered my memory your the same guy that was arguing saying would you rather be gently raped or forcefully raped saying that the gentle rape is better something along that line, your that guy ! :susp:

Shit now you triggered my memory your the same guy that was arguing saying would you rather be gently raped or forcefully raped saying that the gentle rape is better something along that line, your that guy ! :susp:
That was me trolling btw

Good to know you're not new are you're just another nigis.

Perhaps dhegdheer is another nigis too. Maybe she's @sinister? Hmmm...

Maybe vixr is 12345? hmmm...

Now I'm suspicious :cool:

Bullshit you were trolling you were adamant about it arguing time for it, arguing for gentle rape is trolling :umwhat:savage wildebeest I'll see my self out.
Wallahi iyo billahi, magaci illahay I was trolling. The reactions were priceless. Don't you remember? :yloezpe::4uzpnkt:

Let me rephrase that. Think of the shittiest possible job. Being the CEO of Apple > that job, though both are employment nonetheless.
As I said, slavery is by definition an abhorrent immoral act. It doesn't matter whether you view slavery as some sort of a spectrum where some slaves have it better than others (since anything in life works like that). Any act that falls within this spectrum is by definition morally abhorrent.

As I said, slavery is by definition an abhorrent immoral act. It doesn't matter whether you view slavery as some sort of a spectrum where some slaves have it better than others (since anything in life works like that). Any act that falls within this spectrum is by definition morally abhorrent.
But it's necessary if it's a result of war (PoW, slavery, whatever name you want to give it). It has been happening since the dawn of man. Like I said, welcome to the real world.
:kodaksmiley:

Also Islam is the ONLY religion that institutionalizes the gradual emancipation of slaves. Only religion.

:fittytousand:

But it's necessary if it's a result of war. It has been happening since the dawn of man. Like I said, welcome to the real world. Also Islam is the ONLY religion that institutionalizes the gradual emancipation of slaves. Only religion.
Your religion incorporated an abhorrent immoral act into its ethics and that's fine by you.

This is surreal to me! It's hard for me to believe that someone could be that indoctrinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts