Midhisho valley, Sanaag

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Burco to Ceerigaabo it is 5 hours due to the some parts of the road built (before it use to be 9 hours). Those settlements are not
far from Ceerigaabo so yh it is easy to reach it with 4x4. Maydh is around 79km north of Ceerigaabo since you will go through tunnels
(like the one in the picture - Tabca). In a normal paved road it would have been 1 hour 25 mins however it will take you 2 hours and 30 mins.

Just like how Berbera to Hargeisa gradually goes from 0ft above sea level to 4000ft in a smooth/newish road, how safe can I expect to be when driving back from 0ft Maydh to 6000ft Ceerigabo even in a 4x4?

Also, what's the best place to stay in Ceerigabo?

Bohol

VIP
Just like how Berbera to Hargeisa gradually goes from 0ft above sea level to 4000ft in a smooth/newish road, how safe can I expect to be when driving back from 0ft Maydh to 6000ft Ceerigabo even in a 4x4?

Also, what's the best place to stay in Ceerigabo?

Maydh district (south and western Maydh) itself is mountainous Lol. However
the most mountainous area is the Daalo/Surad area (between Maydh and Ceerigaabo)
that is when you will go through the tunnel. It is pretty safe, I have never heard
of car crashes there. The best place to stay in Ceerigaabo is usually shacabka (
where beerta xooriyaada is located). It is very green and you will have some
real Ceerigaabo experience.

pUzKWg4.jpg

Maydh district (south and western Maydh) itself is mountainous Lol. However
the most mountainous area is the Daalo area (between Maydh and Ceerigaab)
that is when you will go through the tunnel. It is pretty safe, I have never heard
of car crashes there. The best place to stay in Ceerigaabo is usually shacabka (
where beerta xooriyaada is located). It is very green and you will have some
real Ceerigaabo experience.

pUzKWg4.jpg

I meant Maydh the port not the whole Maydh area but thanks.

It doesn't get more Maydh than this :lol: . You see that white tomb in the background below the mountains that is where the Sheikh
Isaaq tomb is located at.

11392884_10207140608857848_6326630671388587405_n.jpg

I'd love to visit this tomb one day but not to pay respects (as that is haram/shirk) but to be up close to a very old, beautiful building that is a part of our heritage.

Sheikh%20Isahaaq.JPG

2679443456_9dd1ea9b8a.jpg

Sheikhisaaqmaydh.jpg

The whole of beesha Isaaq has to thank reer hy for protecting this gem and keeping it intact (no tacky/ugly paint and other modifications).:salute:

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
So now I have covered some of the famous valleys, farming areas, forests and mountains in the area. I will post pictures of the magnificent coastal areas of Sanaag soon.

Bohol

VIP
Need to go and see sanaag some time in the future what's the Logistics's like. How long from Hargeisa by road to ceerigaabo and are the roads safe. Also what are the people like

Don't you Cidagale venture out of south Hargeisa horta? :lol: it is like most of you have never seen Burco never-mind Ceerigaabo (which is
farther east). The roads are fine. First you will have to get to Burco via Sheikh or Oodweyne then from Burco to Ceerigaabo it is 5 hours now
(thanks to the new road). From Ceerigaabo you can take a car to Maydh it will be around 2 hours - 1.5 hours.

Apollo

VIP
I wished I had an online company and could engage in geographic arbitrage by living somewhere up the mountains in Somalia, but on a Western income level. :banderas::lawd:

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
Don't you Cidagale venture out of south Hargeisa horta? :lol: it is like most of you have never seen Burco never-mind Ceerigaabo (which is
farther east). The roads are fine. First you will have to get to Burco via Sheikh or Oodweyne then from Burco to Ceerigaabo it is 5 hours now
(thanks to the new road). From Ceerigaabo you can take a car to Maydh it will be around 2 hours - 1.5 hours.
Only been to berbera and to the south toon and salaxley need to explore the land and it's beauty

Bohol

VIP
Only been to berbera and to the south toon and salaxley need to explore the land and it's beauty

I was thinking about a plan to settle the Cidagale in one of the Sanaag coasts to give them a coastal access but after seeing lots of anti
WADANI sentiments and other disturbing things in Somalispot I have changed my mind.

:manny::lolbron:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts