microdisses towards somalia

Whenever Somali representatives are along side politicians/leaders from other countries, they get disrespected. Not in major ways, but in subtle ways...like that time the president of a nation got a HAT as a present from trump, a cheap hat with a ripoff american slogan and was asked to take a picture with it like a kid opening his christmas presents?
images

2.) the darting eyes, that say ok lets get this over with
1591414761567.jpeg

images

3.) the patronizing smile

4.) being treated like a child (see this pic down below where the Prime minister is getting a motherly pat)
EHP64bjW4AUrXFk.jpg

i cringe any time I read an article praising somalia even because they treat somalis like brainless children

maybe I'm looking into it too much, does anyone know what I'm talking about??

This is the most powerful nation on earth meeting with the weakest. They're not on equal footing. Even the meeting itself is good enough.

Somalia should develop if it wants to be respected.

That's why I can't stand watching or looking at the pictures of state visits or any other diplomatic mission these Somali politicians conduct. I can SMELL the patronizing. The looks as if they are looking at children. It's pathetic. I cringe.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I don't blame them fully, some things are sub conscious, but I expect the somali politicians to carry themselves with dignity... I know farmajo is a us citizen but did he have to accept that cheap hat?? yikes
Take a picture with the hat too? What’s even worse is that they rarely ever meet with the big dog but instead their lackeys. the ones who have no say in what goes on in their country is put on the same level as the leader of a nation.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
and why are they all so short? wtf?! Literally in all those pictures they look 5-6 inches shorter except for the one with the woman.

I don't blame them fully, some things are sub conscious, but I expect the somali politicians to carry themselves with dignity... I know farmajo is a us citizen but did he have to accept that cheap hat?? yikes
All countries cede to the US. Have you not seen how the japanese leaders behave around American leaders.

You're overthinking this. He can't refuse the hat.

It really shows the priority of people on this forum. Focussing on optics.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
jfk showed Abdirashid Sharmarke all respects, held a state dinner in his and the Republic of Somalia’s honor, took him to the Islamic Museum of DC, and flew him to Puerto Rico (he was the first foreign official to ride the new government planes at the time). Boss shit. :wow:

Reagan met with MSB even in the Oval Office, one on one. He probably had plenty of contact with Jimmy Carter as well. I’m sure of it. He was treated better by foreign leaders than any presidents now.

Very sad to see current leaders don’t receive a molecule of the respect western leaders showed leaders of Somalia long ago.

:childplease:

That's why I can't stand watching or looking at the pictures of state visits or any other diplomatic mission these Somali politicians conduct. I can SMELL the patronizing. The looks as if they are looking at children. It's pathetic. I cringe.
EXACTLY my sentiments!

and why are they all so short? wtf?! Literally in all those pictures they look 5-6 inches shorter except for the one with the woman.
I noticed that too. and on the rare occasion they're taller, they look awkward tall not commanding/towering

All countries cede to the US. Have you not seen how the japanese leaders behave around American leaders.

if anything the somali politicians focus on optics and try their hardest to appear as a western nation in terms of structure but it falls flat in its face because it only makes people lose respect for them more, like children getting pats for wearing dad's suit and saying "look daddy, I'm going to work just like you!"

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

I'm 99% sure this man asked for the picture with the hat lmao

if anything the somali politicians focus on optics and try their hardest to appear as a western nation in terms of structure but it falls flat in its face because it only makes people lose respect for them more, like children getting pats for wearing dad's suit and saying "look daddy, I'm going to work just like you!"
The politician in Somalia are mostly western educated, obviously they'll act more western.

Seems like you're projecting latent feelings onto these men.

The politician in Somalia are mostly western educated, obviously they'll act more western. Seems like you're projecting latent feelings onto these men.

they don't act western that's my point, they only want to give the illusion. They have the mentality of tribal warlords and then go on twitter talking about bilateral agreements with such and such a nation to act like they carry some weight. Somali government is a UN backed farce that's only used to further tribal agendas and as a cashcow/charity project/garbage can for western nations

they don't act western that's my point, they only want to give the illusion. They have the mentality of tribal warlords and then go on twitter talking about bilateral agreements with such and such a nation to act like they carry some weight. Somali government is a UN backed farce that's only used to further tribal agendas and as a cashcow/charity project/garbage can for western nations
I see your position clearly now

Trending