Mental illness and marriage

Discussion in 'General' started by Mercury, Sep 1, 2018.

1. MSGA

MSGA Puntland Independence Movement

Ratings:
    +6,673
    That girl deserves that because she choose to marry an outsider that no one knows about and not a local abdi while your families know eachother.

• Like Like x 3
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. AussieHustler

AussieHustler Incels need help not derision Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +16,120
    Mercury

I know of a mother who was strongly advised by her imam and local elders not to seek professional help for her mentally sick son and instead, they sent him to Kenya for Quran reading prognosis and a new wife. Months later, reeling from a psychotic episode, he didn’t not only kill his pregnant wife, but cut her stomach and ....(Sorry, don’t want to be graphic to what he did to the foetus.) He believed the foetus was evil ought to kill him and should be stopped. It was a gruesome murder and since he was an Australian citizen, the family approached the Australian embassy & sought help. Since there was no medical record of his mental health diagnosis in Australia, there was little they could do for them. Long story short. He was sentenced to life in prison in a dirty and overcrowded prison. I met people who dismissed it as qadar Allah. Even that terrible incident didn’t make them to re-evaluate this practice and they still continue to send these mentally sick people back home/Kenya to marry unsuspecting desperate. poor girls.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +21,469
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  4. SOMALIKNIGHT

SOMALIKNIGHT

Ratings:
    +1,363
    If faggots can get married to each other than mentally ill men can get a wife 100 fold!

5. AussieHustler

Ratings:
    +16,120

Somali

You took this hypothetical question literally personal.

Will you marry your daughter to a mentally sick person without a disclosure from him or his family? No one is discussing or denying them their rights to a blissful life.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vanguard

Vanguard Fino alla morte

Ratings:
    +2,149
    This happens more often than we'd like to think. I know of two mentally ill faaraxs who got shipped back home to get married and to 'calm down'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gooney112

Gooney112

Ratings:
    +4,285
    Mercury

Even mentally ill people deserve some love. Dont be a hater. Also most if us has little bit oc mental illnes. Sh1t is normal

8. Vanguard

Vanguard Fino alla morte

Ratings:
    +2,149
    This new practice needs to be discussed and dealt with. I'm sure you wouldn't be saying this nonsense if it was your daughter that was being married off to an unstable guy from the west. :camby:

9. Gooney112

Gooney112

Ratings:
    +4,285
    Mental illness is a broad area. It really depends on the persons illness. A lot of people have light abd manageable mental issues

10. Vanguard

Vanguard Fino alla morte

Ratings:
    +2,149
    The severity of the mental illnesses is beside the point.

11. AussieHustler

Ratings:
    +16,120
    Gooney

Sxb, the problem is not hat they’ve a mental illness, the overwhelming majority of people with mental illnesses function “normal” if given help and intervened by professionals. The thread is about parents sending their mentally ill children (mainly sons) back home to marry an unsuspecting person of their illness because they believe the marriage will cure their children. How ignorant and selfish they are!!!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gooney112

Gooney112

Ratings:
    +4,285
    I agree. Its beyond ignorant. I really want us to have campaign in somalia about mental illness. This is something the government has to start doing and we need to be able to talk about this issue. Families hide their mentally ill members in somalia due to stigma. If others know you have it you will not be treated well.

13. Mckenzie

Mckenzie

Ratings:
    +5,809
    If the girl was mentally ill, yall would run 100 miles away from her. You cannot put the welfare of a person into the hands of a mentally challenged person.

Somalis must think marriage is some kind of daawo. :mjlol:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +21,469

How can i get 3 qashin and 2 thumbs up on the same comment??? R somalis high as a kite?

• Qashin Qashin x 2
  15. Gooney112

Gooney112

Ratings:
    +4,285
    lets even it up and make it fair

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Luna

Luna

Ratings:
    +3,679
    I've seen this. They also do it with their criminal sons. The ones with a criminal record get hooked up with an unsuspecting xalimo back home :noneck:

17. Apollo

Apollo Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +36,158
    Depends on the mental illness. There are over a hundred.

If it is something like ADHD, anxiety, or depression and the guy is somewhat functional it may be permissible.

But if it something like mental retardation (clinically), down-syndrome, bi-polar, mania, schizophrenia or anything severe. That person should not marry and pass on genes.

18. MSGA

MSGA Puntland Independence Movement

Ratings:
    +6,673
    We are talking about mental illness and down syndrome is not a mental illness, it's a genetic disorder. It's not even hard to see if a person has down syndrome i can see if someone has it even if i'm 500m from that person

19. Apollo

Apollo Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +36,158
    down syndrome people are usually mentally retarded, you get my idea.

Basically anything severe.

Not all mental illnesses are equal. Someone with mild depression and who takes an SSRI can be more functional than many normal individuals.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Molotoff

Molotoff Supreme Bosniak Geeljire

Ratings:
    +3,097
    A mentally ill man is in no condition whatsoever to take care of a family and should therefore not marry.

He can't take care of himself, how is he going to take care of a wife and children (that also might have mental issues)?

That is not fair neither towards the mentally ill man in question, his wife, kids and the couples both families.

Think about it @Basra

• Like Like x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted