Mental illness and marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I didn’t knew this was a thing but apparently some Somali moms go back home and marry off their mentally ill son without disclosing his illness

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I didn’t knew this was a thing but apparently some Somali moms go back home and marry off their mentally ill son without disclosing his illness
Why would they do that? Instead of taking the responsibility and taking care of him they marry him of to a maskiin xalimo that has no clue and only thinks about his nationality to take care of him. Somali people are funny especially the ones that made it to the west.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
She needs grand children. U want her mentally ill son not to have children to take care of him? God takes care of his creation but humans have human needs such as pro creation

Mercury

VIP
She needs grand children. U want her mentally ill son not to have children to take care of him? God takes care of his creation but humans have human needs such as pro creation
I’m just saying there’s different types of mental illness what if he goes mad gabadha wax gaadhsiiyo?

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
then it is Gods will . U cant stop Gods will
So basically you are trying to justify the mothers actions which are absolutely wrong, it would be a difference if she told the girl and made it clear.

Mercury

VIP
Why would they do that? Instead of taking the responsibility and taking care of him they marry him of to a maskiin xalimo that has no clue and only thinks about his nationality to take care of him. Somali people are funny especially the ones that made it to the west.
It’s not just mental illness I’ve seen people with drinking problems , drug being sent back by their families get arranged to marry a girl who don’t know about their addiction

So basically you are trying to justify the mothers actions which are absolutely wrong, it would be a difference if she told the girl and made it clear.

What about the cadaan serial killer that fled from America to Somalia..he never confessed to his wife that he was a wanted murderer on the run...
:icon rolleyes:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What about the cadaan serial killer that fled from America to Somalia..he never confessed to his wife that he was a wanted murderer on the run...
:icon rolleyes:

she looks at him in those bedroom eyes. she is basically ovulating

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Women need money, they don't care if you are blind as long you can give them money. The mentally ill diaspora men improve the living condition of women back home. It's win win

Would you give your daughter to a mentally ill person
Theres always a stigma attached when it comes down to mental illness within our community. Most somalis are ashamed of their mentally ill child. You'll witness people chained up around trees, beaten, chased by badiyo people with sticks & rocks in Somalia. This sort of issue needs to be raised & talked about more often in our community. We only have one word that describes a mentally ill person & thats "qof walaan, or waali" & that sort of notion needs to be changed, because it has a negative concept behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending