menstrual cycle exceeds 10 days

This is question is for practising Muslims who knows he answer well.

Salaam, my menstrual cycle exceed 10 days I follow the hanafi and do ghusl the next day which would be the 11th day but I am confused as to when the next day is, i normally do ghusl at midnight which is the next day in this world is this the correct way or do I do ghusl during dawn which in islam is considered the next day or do I perform ghusl during maghrib as that is also seen as the "next day"? which is the correct way? when do i perform ghusl after the 10 days?

Why would you follow the hanafi opinion? From what I know you do ghusl after you either see some white thing or if you are completely dry from blood. Hopefully some knowledgable Xaliimo can answer.

Why would you follow the hanafi opinion? From what I know you do ghusl after you either see some white thing or if you are completely dry from blood. Hopefully some knowledgable Xaliimo can answer.
other schools say 15 days while hanafi says maximum days for menses is 10 the shorter the better since I want to pray as soon as possible, and I don't see the white thread or dryness till after the 10th for example I see whitness at 3am on the 11th day after midnight but I just don't know when I should do ghusl like I want to know when the next day is in islam some say to do ghusl during maghrib time since that's when the next day is than some say after dawn is all confusing I tried many places to get an answer but to no avail

corrections I follow the quran and sunnah only. The schools are just opinions that you may follow if it helps you which sometimes it does especially with complex matters that needs further investigation, menstrual cycle is a complex matter and I need further help. @Smoker
@Xoxoxo

I also don’t follow one school of thought.
I follow sometimes when there's matters that need further rulings and investigations since matters can have scholarly differences and you need to choose which is more appropriate to follow when there is a matter

Salaam, my menstrual cycle exceed 10 days I follow the hanafi and do ghusl the next day which would be the 11th day but I am confused as to when the next day is, i normally do ghusl at midnight which is the next day in this world is this the correct way or do I do ghusl during dawn which in islam is considered the next day or do I perform ghusl during maghrib as that is also seen as the "next day"? which is the correct way? when do i perform ghusl after the 10 days?
have u asked an imam or someone of knowledge in ur area?

have u asked an imam or someone of knowledge in ur area?
I did but they didn't know what they were saying or said things that wasn't made clear to me. like one said you do during maghrib ghusl than the next during dawn all conflicting answers I need a proper answer. When is the correct time to do ghusl

I did but they didn't know what they were saying or said things that wasn't made clear to me. like one said you do during maghrib ghusl than the next during dawn all conflicting answers I need a proper answer. When is the correct time to do ghusl
Ask a proper imam or sheikh next time one who has knowledge, and explain ur question fully.

Ask a proper imam or sheikh next time one who has knowledge, and explain ur question fully.
I tried to find but they're few i send in emails have heard from them but there answer wasn't clear will continue to look for an answer even if it means calling them

New day for Muslims start at maghreb

Last edited:

Xoxoxo

VIP
corrections I follow the quran and sunnah only. The schools are just opinions that you may follow if it helps you which sometimes it does especially with complex matters that needs further investigation, menstrual cycle is a complex matter and I need further help. @Smoker
@Xoxoxo
I’m sorry sis I still don’t agree with this,

allah nor our prophets told us to follow any “schools”” etc, we’d are taught to follow the Quran, Hadith’s & teachings off our last prophet peace be upon him. I didn’t knew that Somalis were also into that so I am fairly disappointed….

its also not useful to follow a school nor aa sheikh on that matter since they are men and can’t go through a menstrual cycle nor conceive a child like we do. This would mean that they would never understand the complex off the females anatomy without being mistaken (which happens a lot). This forum is also mainly full off men again!

to answer your question: midnight, right before fajr.

If you’re alreeady “clean” you’re already clean. This means having NO PARTICULAR spotting on your body right when your menstruation cycle stopped. If you wait till Maghreb You’ll just get into a bigger risk of missing all the previous salats while you were clean and had no spotting at the time, better be safe then sorry, you shouldn’t miss any off the prayers, especially fajr & asr!

Xoxoxo

VIP
didnt u say u were sufi
Yes I am and no I do not practice shirk, we. Consider ourselves to be adherents off the Sunni branche.

its very normal to be Sufi from where I am from so don’t be surprised, I also want to add that we consider all off us the same in Islam, except for the more violent branches who are a threat to us

corrections I follow the quran and sunnah only.
I also don’t follow one school of thought.
What do the four imaams follow if not the quraan and sunnah? We are not knowledgable enough to go the quraan and sunnah directly for rulings. Every person should follow a madhhab until they are knowledgable enough to choose from different opinions. This is what Muslims have been doing for 1000+ years. We do not just say quraan and sunnah and then pick and choose the easiest opinion. We follow a madhhab like the shaaficii maddhab until we are knowledgable enough to choose the most correct opinion, and most of us won't ever reach that stage.

What do the four imaams follow if not the quraan and sunnah? We are not knowledgable enough to go the quraan and sunnah directly for rulings. Every person should follow a madhhab until they are knowledgable enough to choose from different opinions. This is what Muslims have been doing for 1000+ years. We do not just say quraan and sunnah and then pick and choose the easiest opinion. We follow a madhhab like the shaaficii maddhab until we are knowledgable enough to choose the most correct opinion, and most of us won't ever reach that stage.
most of the time I'm hanafi sometimes I don't even pick any school and get better options from islamqa such as not making up prayers when I wasn't aware of a ruling, etc.. is all about what you believe is more of the truth and you being honest with yourself rather than picking and choosing what suites you.

Trending

Latest posts