Menace's videos of his road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

syntax

He has been doing that shit for ages. It is bloody annoying. lol

The thing is, there are occasions (like when shooting certain still photos) that you need to hold the phone, or camera, vertically. Also, it is understandable to do it vertically for the first few times if you are new to photography/filmography but after awhile you should know how to shoot correctly though.

As I said above, you need to shoot many still pictures vertically, like the link example I will post below, and also for certain social networks or watching it on phones. Apart from that, one should hold their phones horizontally if they are shooting for YouTube, TVs/computers or such media.

http://digital-photography-school.c...t-landscapes-and-6-tips-on-how-to-shoot-them/

Yeah. What i was saying was that you can work around this and film vertically perfectly without fucking up the aspect ratio if OEMs built a square sensor inside the camera, you wouldn't have to aimlessly keep fidgeting with adjusting your phone's orientation. 1:1 makes the best use of the circular image projected by the lens on the film plane. A circular sensor is theoretically the best, but keeping on rectangular, a square sensor is the best.

6a00df351e888f8834016760772a74970b-800wi

Yeah. What i was saying was that you can work around this and film vertically perfectly without fucking up the aspect ratio if OEMs built a square sensor inside the camera, you wouldn't have to aimlessly keep fidgeting with adjusting your phone's orientation. 1:1 makes the best use of the circular image projected by the lens on the film plane. A circular sensor is theoretically the best, but keeping on rectangular, a square sensor is the best.

6a00df351e888f8834016760772a74970b-800wi

Yeah, but if the manufacturers start producing 1:1 sensors then what about all the existing TV sets & computer screens that aren't designed for that ratio? You can't just have people to throw away 100's of millions of hardware, can you? But if you're saying the manufacturers should gradually start producing square TVs & computer screens, as well as sensors that shoot for that ratio then that makes sense, though it will take time for that to happen. Also, I don't think there's one standard format that all TV sets, computer screens and camera sensor manufacturers have to follow, unlike certain software companies. And most importantly, square TV sets and PC screens are the ugliest shit on earth. Do you remember the old CRT screens? Hell no again! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.