Men only Q's: What is the respectable amount of saving you should have before considering marriage?

Just pretend to be a revert, and go to your local somali mosque. You'll have multip xaliimos ready for you. It helps if you don't look very somali and can pass for another ethnic group.

cost: zero
Why is tht so somali men.or mens pay alot meher but non.somali men or mens dont pay nothing
Tht is Double stander

5k is enough for everything no need to spend more. If she's telling you to splash run away from her and block her number cuz she's living in fairy-tail land.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Desert flower, 2 years ago, my dayooth cousin and his side of the family blew $14k on his wedding and invited 200 people then went on a long honeymoon trip. I’ve never seen so much cringe to the point that I left straight home early alone and vented my anger when my family had an argument with me the next morning who thought I put shame on them. :draketf:

I absolute DO NOT want bunch of men knowing and staring at my wife and DO NOT want women putting their hayaa aside to bring out all the horny men and boys to the dance floor in our setting. Let alone all the strangers and unrecognized faces. It will be a memorable night that mustn’t be ruined by anyone.

It will be a small family setting for men in the day and women at night. @Samaalic Era had his at home and only cost him $1K so I have faith that there are woman out there who would agree with my demands.

Last edited:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
The problem nowadays is that the cost of living is very high compared to before, and this is a pain in the back for men who tradionally was the only source of income, which is why marriages happen later in life than before and one main reason why fertility rates are down, babies are expensive. Save up as much as you can and find a decent woman who does not see life in a materialistic consumerist point of view. Everyone needs to chip in any ways they can for your marriage to be smooth sails
My TOP priority will be renting in a clean and a safe suburb renowed for their good repuation to give her a peace of mind and the kids to be surrounded with good peers.

I know many cadaans told me at schools back then had parents who started off renting then bought a house 10-15 years later when two couples support each other financially to reach their goals. They were the stingiest and because of that, they accomplished their long term goals.

Yet, some are accusing me of being stingy. Just think about it. Would you rather have a husband who has tens of thousands in his bank account and want all arrangement to be minimal as possible to guarantee a long stable life or a husband who blew most of it in the first week and has to start from scratch? Bear in mind, he will have to start paying the bills so it will take a long time to save unlike living with parents.

Xaruun

VIP
Walalo, in my area guys get help from family and even there is a concept called qaaran in which your mum's friends and subtribe will gift her with money towards the lead up to the wedding. Ladies in the area all chip in money and bring it to the family. Ask your hooyo about it. No one expect the guy to pay for everything.

I'm a bit older than you. A lot of my friends are married or getting married. Their Mehr was 3-7k and the guy isn't expected to pay it straight away. They can pay installments ect.
Yeah, but if he doesn’t have access to that level of support then he won’t be able to afford all that. IMO there’s no point in paying in installments after the nikah because his money is hers after the marriage.
My TOP priority will be renting in a clean and a safe suburb renowed for their good repuation to give her a peace of mind and the kids to be surrounded with good peers.

I know many cadaans told me at schools back then had parents who started off renting then bought a house 10-15 years later when two couples support each other financially to reach their goals. They were the stingiest and because of that, they accomplished their long term goals.

Yet, some are accusing me of being stingy. Just think about it. Would you rather have a husband who has tens of thousands in his bank account and want all arrangement to be minimal as possible to guarantee a long stable life or a husband who blew most of it in the first week and has to start from scratch? Bear in mind, he will have to start paying the bills so it will take a long time to save unlike living with parents.
This. It’s better for the husband to be a bit stingy because it’s his job to provide financial security. Imagine if he loses his job or some other emergency happens.

IGotDaAnswers

jUst keeping it REAL homie
I always wondered this, what is the respectable amount of saving you should have before considering marriage?

How much do typical farahs usually save before they got married? Do they also include "emergency fund" for a peace of mind?
I didn’t save shit
I paid Β£200 mehr and I got a beautiful teenage virgin wife.
That’s what life is like when you’re a handsome man
:diddyass:

Xaruun

VIP
A woman who wants a big somali wedding is actually kinda sus. Is she a party girl or smth? Why does she want to go around in no hijab in front of dozens of men? sus af

A woman who wants a big somali wedding is actually kinda sus. Is she a party girl or smth? Why does she want to go around in no hijab in front of dozens of men? sus af

Freemixing is haraam. But saying someone is sus for doing something that is common and normalised is an exaggeration. Many women dream about their big day and most cultures have big weddings. Are everyone party girls?

:gucciwhat:

Anyways, women can have a big day without men and women mixing. That is common.

gbrlax3

π•»π–”π–œπ–Šπ–— π–Žπ–˜ 𝖆𝖓 π–Žπ–‘π–‘π–šπ–˜π–Žπ–”π–“.
Fixed income is enough

I always wondered this, what is the respectable amount of saving you should have before considering marriage?

How much do typical farahs usually save before they got married? Do they also include "emergency fund" for a peace of mind?

Β£40,000

5 to 10 k for wedding

10 for furniture

4k for honey moon

3k for meher or dowry

the rest for putting down deposit for a house rent, to give you a little leg up in case you need to travel with wife for a few months, get settled, in case you need a new car/second car, insurance etc

and of course some should be left over for savings, a little pot to be used for last minute emergencies etc

you can do it for 15-20 k but this is for all of the things you may need, deposit for rent, say 3-6 months upfront, furniture, white goods like fridge, cooker, etc

and money or a little bribe for her mum and dad to let go of their daughter

she will not go pregnant for a good 6-12 months, you will thus need money to go on holiday or short breaks perhaps 2-3 more times before babies

and you will need more money to do lawyer and legal papers if she is from abroad and want her imported her

if she is a gold digger, 2x or even 3 x everything, specially if you are a weak spineless fool who will kowtow to her gold digging ways

of course if you have shukansid/courted/dating and you have not figured she is a gold digger and by wedding day you find out, then your a fool who deserved to have his money parted to learn an expensive lesson

gbrlax3

No, you said that fixed income is enough for marriage
yes fixed income like o h my bad i meant fixed salary yall Americans have weird language i swear :pacspit:

Xaruun

VIP
yes fixed income like o h my bad i meant fixed salary yall Americans have weird language i swear :pacspit:
Ok forget it. I figured it out. I agree. You should only save up for yourself and your kids, not some stranger who could divorce you at any time. It’s a bad investment

gbrlax3

Ok forget it. I figured it out. I agree. You should only save up for yourself and your kids, not some stranger who could divorce you at any time. It’s a bad investment
naaa bro good luck finding a woman like that spoiler you wont. you need to give her the impression of stability financial and emotional otherwise she not gonna marry you i think

Trending

Latest posts