Men in India burning their underwear at HYPOTHETICAL Marital Rape Laws

I see sexism, as a trial, a test, and us women, must endure in patience, and at the same time, not take it lying down. The best thing for us? Learn our deen, learn our rights, and teach it to others.

The very fact that Muslimahs hold onto their faith, in the face of all this disrespect from Muslim men, and so-called Muslim countries, is a testament of Imaan.
Dunya was never meant to be perfect. Everything is a test, and you are right Allah made you a woman for a reason. Everyone has their own trials tailor made to them.

Allah will strip you of your ego, as no one will enter Jannah with an atoms weight of pride. So will you be grateful for the decree and lot given to you by being a loyal and devout wife, or will you go into the deep pit of hatred and resentment?

There is a thin line between fighting for equality and turning into the very thing you hate.

@Angelina is your argument that because there are differences of opinion between and within the madahib that therefore we can add things into the shariah that weren't there 1,400 years ago?

I am not saying that's your argument. But maybe you could elaborate how I misunderstand your argument.

Marriage is not like Bitcoin or credit cards. Marriage is not a new thing and it existed during the time of Imam Shafi'i and Imam Malik. So if I go check what is in the kitab ul nikah section of a Maliki fiqh book- they might refer back to Imam Malik or his Muwatta.

But if we're dealing with something like Bitcoin- they didn't have Bitcoin during Imam Malik's day so we can't go investigate what he said about Bitcoin.

But marriage is not like Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, we would need to refer to a modern scholar. But marriage is not like Bitcoin. Male and female... it's the same as it was in the days of the sahabah and of the four imams.

edit: btw when i wrote this i hadn't seen ur latest post
Consent wasnt a topic or at least not a well known topic back then as it is now though. people back then would probably look at u weird if u explained what ppl nowadays call marital rape.

thatll probably help u understand her argument

Mudug_gyal

ู„ุง ุชูŽู‚ู’ู†ูŽุทููˆุง ู…ูู†ู’ ุฑูŽุญู’ู…ูŽุฉู ุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡
VIP

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
Is your money 6โ€™3 too? :Sheraseven:
Hasbro Monopoly Money
Count Giving Spare Change GIF

Mudug_gyal

VIP
ูˆุฃุนูˆุฐ ุจูƒู„ู…ุงุช ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุชุงู…ุงุช ุงู„ู„ุงุชูŠ ู„ุง ูŠุฌุงูˆุฒู‡ู† ุจุฑ ูˆู„ุง ูุงุฌุฑุŒ ู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ุฎู„ู‚ ูˆุจุฑุฃ ูˆุฐุฑุฃุŒ ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ูŠู†ุฒู„ ู…ู† ุงู„ุณู…ุงุก. ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ูŠุนุฑุฌ ููŠู‡ุง ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ุฐุฑุฃ ููŠ ุงู„ุฃุฑุถุŒ ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ูŠุฎุฑุฌ ู…ู†ู‡ุง ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ูุชู† ุงู„ู„ูŠู„ ูˆุงู„ู†ู‡ุงุฑ. ูˆุฃูŠุถุงู‹ ู…ู† ุดุฑ ูƒู„ ุทุงุฑู‚ ุฅู„ุง ุทุงุฑู‚ุงู‹ ูŠุทุฑู‚ ุจุฎูŠุฑ ูŠุง ุฑุญู…ู†

Mudug_gyal

VIP
Waan ka shakiyeey inaa wiilkan diinta laga sixireey. Shaaki ba igu jira inu jiini ku jira. ุงุฎุฑุฌ ุจุฃูŠุงุช ุงู„ู„ู‡
1713128310549.gif

ูˆุฃุนูˆุฐ ุจูƒู„ู…ุงุช ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุชุงู…ุงุช ุงู„ู„ุงุชูŠ ู„ุง ูŠุฌุงูˆุฒู‡ู† ุจุฑ ูˆู„ุง ูุงุฌุฑุŒ ู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ุฎู„ู‚ ูˆุจุฑุฃ ูˆุฐุฑุฃุŒ ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ูŠู†ุฒู„ ู…ู† ุงู„ุณู…ุงุก. ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ูŠุนุฑุฌ ููŠู‡ุง ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ุฐุฑุฃ ููŠ ุงู„ุฃุฑุถุŒ ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ู…ุง ูŠุฎุฑุฌ ู…ู†ู‡ุง ูˆู…ู† ุดุฑ ูุชู† ุงู„ู„ูŠู„ ูˆุงู„ู†ู‡ุงุฑ. ูˆุฃูŠุถุงู‹ ู…ู† ุดุฑ ูƒู„ ุทุงุฑู‚ ุฅู„ุง ุทุงุฑู‚ุงู‹ ูŠุทุฑู‚ ุจุฎูŠุฑ ูŠุง ุฑุญู…ู†
Walaal ruqiyah ha igu akhrinin, I'm only a level 1 shaitan, ibliis iyo @Nin123 ha igu siminin โค๏ธ

Mudug_gyal

VIP
Walaal ruqiyah ha igu akhrinin, I'm only a level 1 shaitan, ibliis iyo @Nin123 ha igu siminin โค๏ธ
Maya ruqiyah oo sharaxan aad iyo aad oo dabka hada laga qadeey ba dhamantiina uu bahan tihin.

Last edited:
Abdis in here who argue that marital rape is not real in islam are the same ones who are going to be the most miskeen in their marriage. Their wife is going to say jump and they are going to say how high.
:mjlol:

I mean.... I think... like this.... if some guy just pressures his wife emotionally... and she's reluctant... but that's it, he just pressures her emotionally... I don't like it but I wouldn't consider it rape. but if for example... if he straight up assaults... he's physically forcing her, there's bruises... ok.. that... I definitely think that's haraam.

so... if someone says the first case is marital rape... I think that's too much, I don't agree with calling that rape... but the second one definitely yes.... and obviously I think is wrong....

but I think the wife needs to look into a divorce or come up with some solution. is it haram to abuse your wife- definitely. but I don't think the court room should be involved as I don't think that's within the shariah.

I think @Angelina that you are trying to say there is something unclear or something. but I don't know of any difference of opinion. I know Imam Nawawi is considered a reference in Shafi'i fiqh. did he say anything about legal punishment for this as in a hadd punishment or anything like that? what about the big scholars from the Maliki, Hanafi and Hanbali schools? if there's a difference of opinion, ok, whoever wants can go and research the difference of opinion and see what side has the best evidence.... but I don't think there's any difference of opinion here. I don't think taking a husband to court for marital rape is something that exists within say the first 700 years of Islam.

@Angelina have you turned on the idea itself of following the salaf? you don't need to follow some specific modern scholar imo or anything like that but... have you thrown out the concept of following the salaf? if something didn't exist within the shariah with regards to marriage for the first 700 years... you're okay with introducing new rules that didn't exist during that period? Marriage is not like the internet or bitcoin. this is not some new thing that didn't exist during the lives of the four imams.
Thatโ€™s why I said to Mudug that the sharia doesnโ€™t recognize martial R and that such an attack would be classed as abuse. In that situation, she can take her husband to court for abuse and whilst the hadd punishment wouldnโ€™t be implemented, he can be tried in different ways.

Consent wasnt a topic or at least not a well known topic back then as it is now though. people back then would probably look at u weird if u explained what ppl nowadays call marital rape.

thatll probably help u understand her argument
Example, in the past smoking wasnโ€™t understood and was seen as halal by most of the madahab. Now we know the health issues this causes. Now that we know that marital R causes mental and in many cases of physical issues like tearing of the private parts ect, then scholars can create laws that are still in the bounds of Shariah to tackle this.

Iโ€™m very aware that under the Sharia marital r isnโ€™t seen as the r-word, it comes under abuse. Hence, scholars can create a separate system in court and punish these men but using other methods that arenโ€™t the hadd punishment. This isnโ€™t even new to Islam and women getting compensation for physically abusive husband is something that was known during the classical period amongst Scholars.

Trending