Memes, non verba

e36.jpg

This forum is too addicting. I still haven’t even started on most of my homework. There is no hope left.
:damn:
I woke up early to study and my mind just refuses to so I’m so easily distracted :liberaltears: This is module is the worst module I had this semester (and the only module actually related to my course kkk I will drop out)

Alright everyone, I have to be the older brother now

@Furioso , @beenleey you two need to sleep.

@Furioso - set an alarm and wake up early for homework InshaAllah

@beenleey - you need to go to bed if you have an exam. May Allah make it easy for you InshaAllah

Sleep is critical for memory retention and is the best thing to do before an exam

These memes will be waiting for you in the morning InshaAllah

I woke up early to study and my mind just refuses to so I’m so easily distracted :liberaltears: This is module is the worst module I had this semester (and the only module actually related to my course kkk I will drop out)

Is university a lot more difficult than high school? I think I need to take a gap year. My mind will not be able to function after I’m finished with high school. Worst come to worst, I’ll sponsor an asexual Farax from Somalia.
:mjcry:

Alright everyone, I have to be the older brother now

@Furioso , @beenleey you two need to sleep.

@Furioso - set an alarm and wake up early for homework InshaAllah

@beenleey - you need to go to bed if you have an exam. May Allah make it easy for you InshaAllah

Sleep is critical for memory retention and is the best thing to do before an exam

These memes will be waiting for you in the morning InshaAllah
Thank you walaal x I woke up early to study (not a lot of sleep still but no one is counting) I keep getting distracted because I’m always like this before an exam. :it0tdo8:

Is university a lot more difficult than high school? I think I need to take a gap year. My mind will not be able to function after I’m finished with high school. Worst come to worst, I’ll sponsor an asexual Farax from Somalia.
:mjcry:
For me it is but I’m doing a stem subject so I think it will be harder. most people I know who say uni is easier we’re doing humanities or other stuff like thst (even then I doubt it’s easier)

It gets so overwhelming sometimes I think I’ll just be a housewife. I can’t believe feminists really fought for education rights

Last edited:
What makes university more difficult is the volume of work you have, as well as the pace at which it's taught, not the material. In grade 12 in Ontario at least, you have only 4 classes (3 if you have a spare).

In university, you have 5 courses per semester (6 in engineering I think). Each class has a lot of volume. The key is to not fall behind by studying every night

Now go to sleep little one

Muji

VIP
What makes university more difficult is the volume of work you have, as well as the pace at which it's taught, not the material. In grade 12 in Ontario at least, you have only 4 classes (3 if you have a spare).

In university, you have 5 courses per semester (6 in engineering I think). Each class has a lot of volume. The key is to not fall behind by studying every night

Juggling the different subjects and going from one mode of thinking to the other was a challenge for me.

Thank you walaal x I woke up early to study (not a lot of sleep still but no one is counting) I keep getting distracted because I’m always like this before an exam. :it0tdo8:

For me it is but I’m doing a stem subject so I think it will be harder most people I know who say uni is easier we’re dying humanities or other stuff (even then I doubt it’s easier)

It gets so overwhelming sometimes I think I’ll just be a housewife man can’t believe feminists really fought for education rights

I will ask my parents to get me hitched the moment I turn eighteen. I’m done with this. If my plan doesn’t work out, I’ll major in underwater basket weaving.

Thank you adeero. I’ll stick to a schedule and be more proactive with my homework.

Juggling the different subjects and going from one mode of thinking to the other was a challenge for me.

That too. And getting used to being treated like an "adult" - no attendance, no one caring if you show up or not. Too many kids get sucked into the party lifestyle of university. You need to go in with a battle mentality built on being responsible

@astorecalledkmart
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah it was in Microbiology

I absolutely loved chemistry. Chemistry in high school and undergrad was my second favourite subject after math. Part of my decision was based on career options - at the time, there was slightly more flexibility with respect to getting a job in biology than purely chemistry, although chemical engineering or applied chemistry are both good options

I'd definitely recommend considering it. A really good balanced option is doing something like biochemistry. It has a lot of organic chemistry and is very cerebral, but is still primarily a biological discipline. The only caveat is that it's demanding. Introductory biochem can be done as an elective in 2nd year or something (assuming you go to a North American university), but anything beyond 2nd year biochem deserves dedicated study in a biochemistry program.

Ultimately though, if you're in science, pursue what you enjoy - they all more or less lead to similar jobs

I absolutely loved chemistry. Chemistry in high school and undergrad was my second favourite subject after math. Part of my decision was based on career options - at the time, there was slightly more flexibility with respect to getting a job in biology than purely chemistry, although chemical engineering or applied chemistry are both good options

I'd definitely recommend considering it. A really good balanced option is doing something like biochemistry. It has a lot of organic chemistry and is very cerebral, but is still primarily a biological discipline. The only caveat is that it's demanding. Introductory biochem can be done as an elective in 2nd year or something (assuming you go to a North American university), but anything beyond 2nd year biochem deserves dedicated study in a biochemistry program.

Ultimately though, if you're in science, pursue what you enjoy - they all more or less lead to similar jobs
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Exodus

Alienist

What kind of freak actually loves Chemistry? Physics is by far the superior science @astorecalledkmart

Last edited: