Members who can read and write perfect Somali

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Haye, waa war cad. :ohno:

I would say that I'm decent myself. Nothing to brag about, but surely better than most hooyo ma taalos. Luckily, I've been exposed to Somalis from different regions, so I have no problem understanding regional dialects.

Moreover, the galbeed accent is obviously the easiest for you to imitate. It's similar in many ways to waqooyi in terms of vocabulary. But pronunciations is where it differs the most.
I was in galbeed for 6 Months in Dhagaxbuur and jigjiga And some other villages It is the closest to us as guy from Hargeysa
I'm not bragging wll
Imagine someone who doesn't even speak his own language and you find him here talking like a Nazi
And the tribal fanatics here don't even speak Somali

I was in galbeed for 6 Months in Dhagaxbuur and jigjiga And some other villages It is the closest to us as guy from Hargeysa
I'm not bragging wll
Imagine someone who doesn't even speak his own language and you find him here talking like a Nazi
And the tribal fanatics here don't even speak Somali

It makes sense. Jigjiga and Hargeysa dialects are definitely alike to many extent.

As far as the 'fanatics', I think it's more of overcompensating for something they are missing. Surely, learning their mother tongue would have to be the first step in shaping their identity 🤣

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It makes sense. Jigjiga and Hargeysa dialects are definitely alike to many extent.

As far as the 'fanatics', I think it's more of overcompensating for something they are missing. Surely, learning their mother tongue would have to be the first step in shaping their identity 🤣

This may be somewhat unpopular, but some Somali parents in the diaspora don't bother prioritizing learning their children Somali, or if the do, once their children start speaking the local language, the parents slowly interact less Somali with them over time.

By the time they reach their adolescence, it's difficult for them to speak Somali as they lack the basics. Very unfortunate, but it's the reality. Within a generation, it seems like fluent Somalis may become a rarity in the west.
noooo!!!
Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

There's no reading and writing perfectly if the language isn't standardised in which that's the case for somali
it took me the longest time to realize a lot of written Somali online is people just winging it- especially the comments. I’d see the same word written slightly different than the last time.
Confusing us Somali language novices even more

it took me the longest time to realize a lot of written Somali online is people just winging it- especially the comments. I’d see the same word written slightly different than the last time.
Yes bro, it's the written language what keeps a language intact, in ireland they pronounce thing as ting so a th in other dialects is pronounced as t in ireland, but they all write the same the english speaking world apart from some twitchs created in america like favor compared to favour in Britain. But in somali you have the south writing gabar & the North writing gabadh, but this isn't due to differences in standardisation but they're writing as they would prouncence it.

Yes bro, it's the written language what keeps a language intact, in ireland they pronounce thing as ting so a th in other dialects is pronounced as t in ireland, but they all write the same the english speaking world apart from some twitchs created in america like favor compared to favour in Britain. But in somali you have the south writing gabar & the North writing gabadh, but this isn't due to differences in standardisation but they're writing as they would prouncence it.
It’s a she walal bilan is gabadh.

Ain't no script, rhyme, or reason to intimate language.

Trending

Latest posts