Members who can read and write perfect Somali

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I'd estimate maybe like 30 percent speak perfect somali.

Most people here seem to speak it well enough, but perfect? That's rare among diaspora born somalis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_215717_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_215717_Chrome.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 78
I'm even good at accents You will find me talking xamarey and some time I speak like you, reer galbeed accent I'm the best Somali speaker here I'm sure 🙂

Haye, waa war cad. :ohno:

I would say that I'm decent myself. Nothing to brag about, but surely better than most hooyo ma taalos. Luckily, I've been exposed to Somalis from different regions, so I have no problem understanding regional dialects.

Moreover, the galbeed accent is obviously the easiest for you to imitate. It's similar in many ways to waqooyi in terms of vocabulary. But pronunciations is where it differs the most.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Haye, waa war cad. :ohno:

I would say that I'm decent myself. Nothing to brag about, but surely better than most hooyo ma taalos. Luckily, I've been exposed to Somalis from different regions, so I have no problem understanding regional dialects.

Moreover, the galbeed accent is obviously the easiest for you to imitate. It's similar in many ways to waqooyi in terms of vocabulary. But pronunciations is where it differs the most.
Waqooyi dialect is too fast i would need to think harder for my brain to process it reer waqooyio slow down will you? :whew::what::ufdup:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aren't you from waqooyi-bari? How do you have a hard time understanding them? I would understand if it was a southerner who said this, but not you 😂
Mine is mixed I have one side of the family with a Waqooyi accent, and the other side is from Bari but they grew up in Xamar and speak with Koonfur dialect but still Waqooyi dialect is very hard for me to understand they speak too fast lol.

Mine is mixed I have one side of the family with a Waqooyi accent, and the other side is from Bari but they grew up in Xamar and speak with Koonfur dialect but still Waqooyi dialect is very hard for me to understand they speak too fast lol.

Start watching social media content from waqooyi and you'll start understanding them very quickly.

Trending

Latest posts