Meeting Sheikh Mishary Rasheed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
026.jpg

So as many of you know, Sheikh Mishary Rasheed Al-Afasy visited Minnesota during Eid.

On Eid I witnessed as his beautiful voice recited the Quran in the Minnesota convention center. His voice was stunning and it made even the men gasp for more.

The day after Eid I was able to attend one of his exclusive events where he recited the Quran and sang nasheed. I have not been able to get his voice out of my head since then. Below is one of the nasheeds he sung for us:

After reciting some ayats a child ran up to him on stage and he hugged the child and kissed him.

Not only this, while singing the nasheeds he had the most genuine and warm smile on his face that could light up a whole city. I remember during the nasheeds he lifted the mic away from his lips and pointed it towards the audience. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever witnessed as the voices of children carried on with the lyrics without his guidance. It was a spectacular sight and I could not stop grinning or laughing. I was mesmerized and it forced me to say the shahaddah once again.

Since then I have been listening to his nasheeds and his recitations of the Quran. Sheikh Mishary Rasheed had been to America 2 other times before and this 3rd time was in Minnesota subhanallah and alhamdullilah. Thank you Masjid Abubakar As-Sadique for sponsoring him and for allowing us to witness first hand such a beautiful God gifted voice.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
He is also my favourite Quran reciter as well :salute:
Sheikh Hudaify has always had a special place in my heart due to his slow recitation and beautiful tajweed that sounds a lot like my dad's when my dad recites but this amazing opportunity really makes me put Sheikh Mishary as my favorite.
:banderas:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Great to see you've really embraced islamic culture. May allah keep you on the straight path

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
MashAllah, may Allah help you stay on this path sister. Remember Allah is the most merciful, don't worry about the past just focus on the future.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
MashAllah, may Allah help you stay on this path sister. Remember Allah is the most merciful, don't worry about the past just focus on the future.
Thank you so much sister. It's hard forgetting about the past when I committed the gravest sin against God but I will do my best to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending