Medieval Somali traders founded a city in Mozambique; Sofala

Somali traders also did something similar in Morocco but I think there is already a topic on it, there is a town with a mosque called "The Somali Mosque'.

Apparently Somali traders were responsible for introducing Harari coffee to Arabia.

Somali trading history is very expansive and impressive, I want a whole series done on this.

Somali merchants from Mogadishu established a colony in Sofala

A290B19C-0930-4212-9E3E-AD6B9AC4CBF3.jpeg

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Saw this video with many interesting facts, some are sensational Somali claims but interesting and well put together, we have great potential.

Sofala, at present known as Nova Sofala, used to be the chief seaport of the Mwenemutapa Kingdom, whose capital was at Mount Fura. It is located on the Sofala Bank in Sofala Province of Mozambique. It was founded by Somali merchants and seafarers. Sofala in Somali literally means “go dig”. This name was given because the area is rich with resources.[1]

The Ajuraan were in power during the 16th and 17th centuries. Sofala was visited (not founded) by Shirazi Arabs from Mogadishu beginning in 915 AD. Sofala is a trading post at the mouth of the Buzi river, which connected to the source of the gold in the area of Great Zimbabwe. It is on an island/coastal bank with few mineral resources. The gold was traded down the river.

"Sofala’s harbour was the oldest harbour in southern Africa. It was visited by Arabs beginning in 915 in order to trade the gold from the hinterland. Persian Muslims settled there in 1020, and during the 14th and 15th centuries Sofala was an important southern outpost of the Islāmic sultanate of Kilwa. During this time the Arabs maintained trade relations with the Karanga state, which centred on the Zimbabwe monuments in the southeastern region of what is now the modern state of Zimbabwe. In 1480 Sofala was visited by the Portuguese Pêro da Covilhã, seeking gold, and in 1505 the Portuguese Pedro (or Pêro) de Anaia occupied Sofala and built a fort and factory in the hope of capturing the gold trade held by the Arabs. The conquest of the town followed, the first governors of the Portuguese East African possessions being entitled captains general of Sofala. The Dominican friars established themselves in 1586 and directed from there their Roman Catholic missionary activities into the interior."

Wikipedia cannot be trusted for anything related to Somalis. It has been almost entirely falsified.

Wikipedia cannot be trusted for anything related to Somalis. It has been almost entirely falsified.
Totally agree with you but you need to point out the culprits and not lump all whites, it is the Germanic people who are falsifing our history to make their Nordic "Ayran" race old, the Italian Giuseppe Sergi called out their bullshit in The Mediterranean Race where he said the cradle of the race was in the Horn not Iran but these racists kept pushing their pseudscience to make us their bastards using the Middle Easterns as proxy, this is why they kept our language grouping as Cushitic, these people complain about the Jews changing their culture and history but they did worse to us, and are still doing it through their Max Planck Institute for Anthropology and others.

Last edited:
I collect Somali source material. Errors such as are being made here offend me. Why embarrass yourselves when real material is available?

Falsy knows very little about the South and it is I who have debunked him, not the other way around. You will notice he doesn't bother to show up anymore. Both you and he need real sources, not that BS on Wikipedia or in Baadiyow. Try Virginia Luling, Lee Cassanelli and Sydney Welch. Britannica will work in a pinch but is not a primary source. Most of the other secondary sources and encyclopedias are a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I collect Somali source material. Errors such as are being made here offend me. Why embarrass yourselves when real material is available?

Falsy knows very little about the South and it is I who have debunked him, not the other way around. You will notice he doesn't bother to show up anymore. Both you and he need real sources, not that BS on Wikipedia or in Baadiyow. Try Virginia Luling, Lee Cassanelli and Sydney Welch. Britannica will work in a pinch but is not a primary source. Most of the other secondary sources and encyclopedias are a waste of time.

I don't show up because I am not active on Somalispot anymore you fool. You're an old man you should be worrying about other things instead of trolling on forums. You know very well you have been disproven countless times. You're known as a jokester on this forum. Nobody here takes you seriously and nobody listens to your horseshit anymore and that is what offends you.

Also, nothing Wikipedia about Raphael Chijioke Njoku book. In fact, Raphael has a PhD in African culture and history. His sources are real and he did not mention Ajuran establishing a colony nor did he mention Somalis founded Sofala. He simply said Somali traders from Mogadishu established a colony in Sofala.

1599064189230.png

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...hUIHUS6BXIQ6AEwAnoECAUQAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Whatever your response is. I don't care because I believe this historian over someone who makes up garbage and lie so have a nice day.

I don't show up because I am not active on Somalispot anymore you fool. You're an old man you should be worrying about other things instead of trolling on forums. You know very well you have been disproven countless times. You're known as a jokester on this forum. Nobody here takes you seriously and nobody listens to your horseshit anymore and that is what offends you.

Also, nothing Wikipedia about Raphael Chijioke Njoku book. In fact, Raphael has a PhD in African culture and history. His sources are real and he did not mention Ajuran establishing a colony nor did he mention Somalis founded Sofala. He simply said Somali traders from Mogadishu established a colony in Sofala.

View attachment 139725

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...hUIHUS6BXIQ6AEwAnoECAUQAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Whatever your response is. I don't care because I believe this historian over someone who makes up garbage and lie so have a nice day.

Get real! As I have told you before, Njoku was corrupted by Wikipedia.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Get real! As I have told you before, Njoku was corrupted by Wikipedia.

That's your typical weak tactic to counter every historian that doesn't fit with your false narrative but you know well that's garbage. He wasn't influenced by Wikipedia and was studying African culture and history for 33 years way before Wikipedia was formed so how about you get real?

In fact, Wikipedia links to his book when it mentions Somali traders from Mogadishu establishing a colony in Sofala so he influenced Wikipedia not the other away around. The same with other books I've shown you which you have disagreed with also influenced Wikipedia. You're just full of garbage as usual. Stop making things up and stop wasting your time because you're not going to fool anybody.

Last edited:
That's your typical weak tactic to counter every historian that doesn't fit with your false narrative but you know well that's garbage. He wasn't influenced by Wikipedia and was studying African culture and history for 33 years way before Wikipedia was formed so how about you get real?

In fact, Wikipedia links to his book when it mentions Somali traders from Mogadishu establishing a colony in Sofala so he influenced Wikipedia not the other away around. The same with other books I've shown you which you have disagreed with also influenced Wikipedia. You're just full of garbage as usual. Stop making things up and stop wasting your time because you're not going to fool anybody.

One fake source validating another! Neither one has an actual source to back it up.

How about a few actual sources?

The Muslims were Shia. Sofala is a small island at the mouth of the Buzi river, with no mineral resources. The gold came from Zimbabwe, down the Buzi and Save rivers. We are talking Shirazis in the 10th century here. Somalis, when and how?????? :russ:

Last edited: