Maths Equation Discussion

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am just going over some of the famous math equation and they think the 'geometry' field one is the best. Pythagorean Theorem. Are they kidding us?

licensed-image

How is that great? anyone can see if you know the length(A), and the bottom(B), u know that angle(C) is pre-determined.

It's like using your thumb and first finger and creating an 'L' u know the line to connect the Length(finger) and thumb set up ur coordinates, how small or big u make that will also determine your final angle.

hand-loser-and-fail-with-a-business-black-man-in-studio-isolated-on-a-white-background-to-gesture-an-l-sign-social-media-emoji-and-review-with-a-2MB3ABX.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is this theoritical maths when u define theorems(formula or concept) such as newton equation;

Force=Mass x Accelaration

And experimental Math is actually applying numbers to the concepts like Mass(KG) and Acceralation(KM)

Is that how you guys see maths? where u establish the theory at high level and then pass it onto experimental guys to apply the numbers on the formula?

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I prefer conceptual maths personally not so much the experimental maths. Experimental math already has scalar units established for measurements. So the measurement guys can then take your thereom and apply the maths is a simple stage to me. The theorem guys well that's not easy you need 'imagination'.

Sample-1024x724.png

attash

Amaan Duule
The Pythagorean Theorem may be simple, but it is extremely important. It makes sense to say that this is one of the "best" math formulas. Unless you have a different definition of what "best" is. Are you judging math formulas based on their ingenuity or their importance?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The Pythagorean Theorem may be simple, but it is extremely important. It makes sense to say that this is one of the "best" math formulas. Unless you have a different definition of what "best" is. Are you judging math formulas based on their ingenuity or their importance?

I think personally mathmatics around space-biology is mind-blowing and electrical-magnetic domains and quantum maths(atoms). Even economic maths isn't hard because it's using linear algebra on real world observable things like supply/demand plus adding 'factors' into equation for a 'SUM'.

I think when maths comes down to calculation stage it's easy becuz the theorem has been provided. Only calculation u need to know plus, minus, division, multiply.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@attash what do u think about time? Time move forwards into the future not backwards. What if someone say 2000 years ago travelling close to the speed of light into space turned up in 2023. Earth would've aged 2000 years. Or imagine u travelled closest possible to speed of light and returned 2000 years later has passed in earth slow time but u only aged a few years max.

I am actually trying get investors to fund me a Science channel in Somali and get some Somali diaspora involved. The youth population is 70% of the population(big market space) yet all the somali media is around things youth don't care for such as news. Ethiopians have heaps of science news for their locals in amharic. I kinda wish Hodan Naaleeye was still here, it could've been a 'segment show' on her channel(piggy back of her) untill it gains traction to start your own youtube channel.

Last edited:
@DR OSMAN I think we have so many nerds on this site including myself but we’re afraid of being shiqooled adeer.
Aabo told me to stop talking about science around Somalis since there’re too many jaajuus. I get sudden dopamines when discussing space and time but if I can give you a hint, as humans we do not know a single piece of valuable information about what time is and how it works.

attash

Amaan Duule
@attash what do u think about time? Time move forwards into the future not backwards. What if someone say 2000 years ago travelling close to the speed of light into space turned up in 2023. Earth would've aged 2000 years. Or imagine u travelled closest possible to speed of light and returned 2000 years later has passed in earth slow time but u only aged a few years max.

I am actually trying get investors to fund me a Science channel in Somali and get some Somali diaspora involved. The youth population is 70% of the population(big market space) yet all the somali media is around things youth don't care for such as news. Ethiopians have heaps of science news for their locals in amharic. I kinda wish Hodan Naaleeye was still here, it could've been a 'segment show' on her channel(piggy back of her) untill it gains traction to start your own youtube channel.
Time is a physical property, so it can manipulated to go slower or faster depending on your speed. There is an inverse relationship between the speed of one's motion through space vs their motion thru time: the faster they move through space, the slower they move through time. What I find interesting is the possibility of moving backwards through time instead of forwards. It may be possible, but I do not think you would be able to change anything in the past if you did (see the "grandfather paradox" for more detail).

Is that how you guys see maths? where u establish the theory at high level and then pass it onto experimental guys to apply the numbers on the formula?
yea kinda. there is pure math which is the study of math for the sake of it. i.e, you don't care about applications to the real world. Then there is applied math where you develop math to solve real world problems. Sometimes, something that used to appear only in pure math finds an application in applied math. I think prime numbers are an example of this. We studied them for thousands of years but there weren't any applications for them. Then all of a sudden, they are suddenly used in cryptography.

Def look into this video

I am just going over some of the famous math equation and they think the 'geometry' field one is the best. Pythagorean Theorem. Are they kidding us?

licensed-image

How is that great? anyone can see if you know the length(A), and the bottom(B), u know that angle(C) is pre-determined.

It's like using your thumb and first finger and creating an 'L' u know the line to connect the Length(finger) and thumb set up ur coordinates, how small or big u make that will also determine your final angle.

hand-loser-and-fail-with-a-business-black-man-in-studio-isolated-on-a-white-background-to-gesture-an-l-sign-social-media-emoji-and-review-with-a-2MB3ABX.jpg
func fact about the pythagorean theorem, two black kids (i think max highschool age) came up with another proof for it a while back. Fascinating wallahi.

func fact about the pythagorean theorem, two black kids (i think max highschool age) came up with another proof for it a while back. Fascinating wallahi.
(-b+sqr(b^2-4(a)(c))/2(a), (-b-sqr(b^2-4(a)(c))/2(a)

Attachments

• 1000_F_542198028_PKWn6jd3zPqlis8Xr2WyDByxSgw33NsM.jpg
    1000_F_542198028_PKWn6jd3zPqlis8Xr2WyDByxSgw33NsM.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 51

Trending